Good afternoon Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Friday

We’ve got an electrician coming this afternoon to check a fault with the plug sockets. The main problem is we don’t know which socket or sockets are dodgy so I’ve had to spend the morning pulling all the furniture out so every socket can be reached. It’s made me realise that just about every socket in our house is hidden behind something. I’ve also had to dust and hoover behind everything - it’s obviously a very long time since some of the furniture was last moved

What’s your weather like today? Have you got the heatwave? It’s very hot here (not really furniture moving weather!) and would have been the perfect day for getting the ice shapes we made a few weeks back out of the freezer. Unfortunately I don’t have any children here today though I might be tempted to put the ice in a bowl of water and rest my feet in it

Question of the day (inspired by the heat): what’s your favourite ice lolly or ice cream flavour?

I’m not really an ice cream fan, but if I do have one it has to be rum and raisin. I much prefer an ice lolly, preferably a Fab or a Nobbly Bobbly

Enjoy the rest of your day and have fun in the sun

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its HOT HOT HOT here! So obviously my children are hiding in their bedrooms because it's too hot! Although DD has a jumper on ! Go figure!

I'm not working so spent the morning running round getting stuff done and sorted ready to go away tomorrow, so i can sit in garden now till bedtime! ( well ... i still need to pack ... but I've put everything on my bed ready to put in case! .. as holidaying in UK it means I need a variety of clothes and coats! Especially as weather isn't meant to be that brilliant for next week! )
    We were meant to be going to Spain at Easter and debated going this summer ... glad we didn't now! Friends have gone to Greece ... i half wish we were going for the sun but glad we're not as just no idea what will happen lockdown wise!

Ooo forgot icecream question! ... I'm not really into icecream but I like a lemon or raspberry sorbet. I'm partial to a vanilla mini milk or maybe a cider lolly ... but they don't seem to do those any more!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon...its very hot here so we had lots of water play outside before coming inside when it was too hot! Luckily by the time we get to go outside this afternoon after naps it will be shady in our garden and the playroom will be roasting.

I see that there was a PM briefing at lunch time about the latest restrictions and some things not opening this weekend now.

I love a mint cornetto, I actually don't like the taste of Magnum ice creams no idea why just something about them!
    Pixie Dust

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Double raspberry magnum are ones I like at the moment but general I like honeycomb,coconut or ginger ice cream

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate ice lollies with a passion.

Ice cream - the only flavour I never choose is rum and raisin. I don't like bubblegum flavour either. I would normally choose honeycomb or a chocolatey one with bits in it, such as kit-kat or ferrero roche. Last year, after a scorching hot day on the beach in Cornwall I had a lemon one. I would never, ever choose lemon normally, but I just really craved it and it was one of the best I had ever had.

Do you remember ice pops? Do they still make them? We used to be able to buy a 2p one or a 5p one, which seemed to be so long. I used to like the cola flavoured ones.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I still it them. The children love them and some prefer them to a lolly. At the moment Sainsbury’s don’t have any and the children are not impressed

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never liked ice pops. As a child I would have them because everyone else did, but I could never really see the attraction.

Can you also remember the triangle shaped ones? I didn’t like those either!

Someone mentioned cider flavoured lollies. I did like those but you rarely see them nowadays, well, not in the shops I go into anyway. I remember finding them a few years ago in a supermarket when we were on holiday. I can’t remember which one it was, but I know it wasn’t one we had locally so I’ve never found them again.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oooo, my minded children love 'icy poles' ... but they are hard to find at the moment! I did get some silicone moulds to make my own .. like calipos .. but they have to freeze upright! I've got some moulds to make little lollies as well. The children like mushing fruit/ making smoothies to freeze in them.

I also buy frubes or fromage frais tubes and freeze them.

DD likes those triangular ones ... jublies ... or something.

12. Likes Maza liked this post