Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Gosh, this has seemed a long week and it’s still not over yet! I wonder why it is that some weeks fly by but others really drag?

Having said that, today is my last working day of the week. It’s also my busiest day with 4 children here. It’s the only day they all see each other so it does tend to be a lot of fun as they love being together. One of them had their birthday in the week so we’re going to have party lunch...with cake. I’ve also set up a treasure hunt in the garden with items for a craft activity (decorating crowns) as the ‘prize’. We were going to make them anyway today but I thought I’d make the children work for it rather than just set it up

Maza, I hope you had a better night with your dog. Cats can be annoying at night but at least you can shut them out! After bringing in a toad last week, one of ours brought in a dead baby bird yesterday. I always know when he’s got something in his mouth because he comes running indoors and darts straight upstairs, obviously hoping no one’s spotted him. He’s my son’s cat so tends to go into his room with whatever he’s got. I’m forever telling my son to check under his bed

Have good days everyone

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse, that's the only thing that puts me off cats! No, we didn't have a good night with Cookie. He barked for over an hour when we put him to bed. I feel awful ignoring him but I have given in before and gone to check him and he just wants to play. Maybe he is missing my husband who is working away at the moment for the first time since we have had Cookie. Last night he just had his mattress in his crate as opposed to the whole of his doggy bed, because the night before he chewed a hole in the actual bed and pulled out the stuffing, so that could have unnerved/annoyed him. I didn't want tot start covering his crate last night because that would be two new things for him to get used to, but tonight I think I might give covering the crate a go.- thanks for the tip Dragonfly. He's just given me the biggest snuggle, so all is forgiven. He probably knew I was writing about him!

I got back to the parent who just wanted one or two half days a week. She wants to use the 15 hours funding, but I don't offer funding so it's a no.

I have just switched insurers to childcare.co.uk and am doing some of the short courses with them, so I'll finish the one I started yesterday and then I have to do a food shop. I'm trying a new (new to me) Co-op today and I'm sadly looking forward to it. I do find the Co-op expensive though, but all the other supermarkets are not on a bus route and I don't drive. DH usually takes us.

Have a lovely day - Sylvia, hope your day is calmer than yesterday!

T

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Maza. It really is. Had my grandson, he’s 5, to sleepover last night. We ended up sleeping on the sofa bed in the lounge. Had such a lovely sleep. He went home at half 12 and I’ve been sitting on the bed learning to crochet. I’ve done some washing and that about it. It’s so hot here today. I’m waiting for a cooler evening so I can start tidying up. Our cat brings in mice and birds too. It’s the only thing I don’t love about him. Have a lovely day everyone

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

afternoon!

it rained all morning and then this afternoon DD, DS & I went kayaking. I'd forgotten how much I loved kayaking on a nice quiet river! ( not enough to own my own kayak, but still loved it! )

fingers crossed tomorrow will be the lovely day it says it will be!