Welcome to the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome to the weekend!

What’s everyone got planned for the weekend?

DH and I have got an appointment at the bank in town this morning so we’ll have a wander round while we’re there. Since lockdown at the end of March I’ve only been into the shopping centre once. That was when the majority of shops were still closed and I walked through a deserted shopping centre to get to an equally deserted M&S. I’m guessing it’ll be very different today and it’ll be interesting to see if everyone’s wearing masks.

This afternoon I’m going to start sorting a cupboard in my bedroom. It’s jammed full, but I’m not sure what with as I never use anything in there. DD has said she’ll help, mainly because she’ll see if there’s anything in there she wants. When she helps me sort out she normally leaves with a haul of makeup and bits & bobs that I’d forgotten I even had

I hope you all have a good weekend. Have fun and stay safe if you’re venturing out.
    Last edited by Mouse; 25-07-2020 at 08:18 AM.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your trip to town went well Mouse.

I don't have much planned, just have to go and pick up my step-mum's shopping for her via click and collect as sadly my dad is in hospital and has been for a few weeks now, he used to do all the driving so my step mum is struggling. they are both 75 bless them. Unfortunately due to visiting restrictions at our hospital we haven't been able to visit.

I started watching The secrets she keeps last night so I might carry on with that, have a bit of a lazy day but I do need to sort my bedroom out as it has become a dumping ground for things we can't find anywhere else to put them!

Weather isn't that great in my part of the world quite grey and damp.

Enjoy your weekend x
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie Dust sorry to hear your dad isn't well at the moment. It's terrible that we can't do hospital visits even though we all understand why.

DH is working in London for the next two weeks and he set off this morning. He used to work away a lot years ago and I just got on with it, but as he hasn't done it for such a long time I am feeling quite nervous. The dog has a bit of a runny tummy and so I am really hoping he gets better without needing to see a vet as I don't drive, and so the thought of getting him there without a car, well, it would just be really hard! I also never put the bins out - DH always does, and so I hope I remember! DH always moans that it is so difficult dragging the bins across our pebbled driveway, so if he finds it challenging I'll look like a right clown! There are lots of other random jobs that he takes care of, but to be honest it will do me good to have to take responsibility and get to know how our house 'works'. Our old flat was so straight forward compared to a proper, grown up house!

DD and I have just walked to the park to get an ice cream. I said I wouldn't have one - but of course I did. I had a ferrero roche one. It wasn't great quality to be honest, and now I feel all sticky and unhealthy. £6 for two ice creams - the mark-up is just huge.

Nothing else planned really, we'll just go with the flow.

Loocyloo, I thought of you the other day... I was reading 'The Artful Parent' website and she did a blog post on aquafabe and how it is the new sensory play craze. I seem to remember you cooking/baking with it (or did I dream that?) but apparently it is great for playing with too!

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon,

I hope shopping trips went well. I did an early morning visit to lidl ... it was very busy, but everyone, apart from one lady, was wearing a mask. Wearing a mask does seem to make people less inclined to socially distance though.

I then spent 3 hours with a local group 'haymaking' ! .... basically, a local woodland area has a small grass/wild flower meadow in it, and every year, the grasses ( which are usually a a couple of foot tall by now! )are cut, and we rake it all up into bales, and then put it into the woodland, under the trees! Its good fun, and helps make a difference/keeps the woods from being over grown. We have some orchids that grow in the meadow, and since they started 'haymaking' the number of orchids has increased every year which is brilliant. It was bright blue sky and sun, and then grey, then a torrential downpour, and then back to sun !!!! I'd almost dried out by the time we'd finished!

this afternoon i am going to do nothing apart from read my book, as it is officially the start of my 2 weeks off! I do a have a couple of 'work' days scheduled for next week ... to do a review of all my risk assessments, policies, update things etc and basically get myself ready and sorted for the next academic year. I'm also seeing 2 families to sign contracts. and the rest of the time, i plan to just potter and not do much, although i do need to take DD clothes/school uniform/school shoe shopping! I really don't enjoy shopping at the best of times, so not looking forward to this! we're then heading off to Northumberland for a few days, so fingers crossed the weather will be dry!

take care all xxx

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Loocyloo, I thought of you the other day... I was reading 'The Artful Parent' website and she did a blog post on aquafabe and how it is the new sensory play craze. I seem to remember you cooking/baking with it (or did I dream that?) but apparently it is great for playing with too!
    ooooo ... i have used it to make meringues with .... no idea you could play with it !!!! i may have to look into that! thanks!

9. Likes Maza liked this post