Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

It’s my day off but I’ve got a parent and child coming for a visit this morning so I’m up early to have a tidy round. Luckily the weather is nice so we’ll be able to sit in the garden to chat.
    I’m not sure if this visit will come to anything as I can’t offer all the days and hours they need. Do you ever get that? Parents ask if you have a vacancy, you tell them what days/hours you can offer and they say ‘that’ll be fine. I’ll work something out’. You just know they’re not going to.

Once they’ve been I’m going out to meet a friend for coffee. If the weather stays nice we might grab a takeaway and find somewhere nice to sit outside. She makes amazing cakes so I’m hoping she brings some along. I’ve dropped enough hints

Last night we had a bit of a drama at bedtime. I called the cats in and one came dashing in with something in its mouth. He darted upstairs so I followed him and saw him drop a massive toad on my son’s bedroom floor! I felt really sorry for it until it started to move. It freaked me when it started hopping around so I left DH to catch it and put it back outside. I do love the amount of wildlife we have in our garden - I just don’t like it when it ends up in the house

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mouse ... our cats often bring frogs in! They play dead until you stop watching! Always make me jump.

Good luck with parent visit. I had an enquiry last night for a day each week in the holidays and after school. They ideally want a day i can't offer, but said they can work round it ... so we'll see! They are popping over for a quick visit tonight! 2 schoolies and I know the elder one from school. I do get frustrated with people who expect me to chop and change for them, because they 'need' care and no one else does! I also have a current mum ( of 5 yrs standing for 2 siblings ) who has just changed her work days to a day I don't work and another day she knows I don't have a vacancy and is now saying 'what am I going to do?' ... i don't know, but nothing i can do!

We're out at a local castle ... the boys are rolling around in the grass and down a hill!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a parent visiting also today. Hoping any rain holds off. Have a good weekend everyone .

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm having a frustrating time with PACEY at the moment. A few weeks ago they sent me a letter saying that they are going paper free and sending emails instead - however the emails they were sending to me kept saying incorrect email address. They had missed out one of the letters in my email address so I corrected them, no problem. However, they still haven't updated it on their system because I keep trying to log on to do some online training and I can't because of the email address. Anyway, we are going back and forth and it still isn't sorted. My insurance runs out in a few days time and so I wanted to do the free courses while I still can, because I was thinking of changing to childcare.co.uk anyway - and this is inconvenience is making up my mind for me. The helpline on their website keeps coming up as 'incorrect number' every time I call it.

Oh I really am freaked out by frogs and toads. The past two nights when I have let Cookie out for his bedtime wee I have seen a frog in the garden. DH is going away for two weeks tomorrow for work and I am really worried about a frog drama while he is gone. This morning we woke to a dead and very damaged pigeon on our front lawn. All I could think of was how grateful I am that it happened whilst DH is still here. I am beyond useless when it comes to things like that.

My 'sun paper' has just arrived from amazon and it is so much smaller than it looked in the picture! I didn't bother reading the measurements because it just looked like A4. Oh well, hopefully it will still be a fun way to pass some time.

Just got back from the shops - the first day that face masks are mandatory. In Sainsbury's and M and S everyone had one on. Then we went to Lidl and there was a young couple who didn't have them on. I know some people are exempt from wearing them but it does seem like a coincidence that neither of them had them on. Both DH and I separately though that they seemed to be enjoying not wearing one, and they seemed to ooze aggression. I do feel sorry for the lone security guards in these situations.

Have a good day everyone.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your visit went well Mouse.

Maza my DH went back to work Wednesday as he works away and then the very next morning we had a dead bird on our doorstep which I had to scoop up and deal with, I hate that sort of stuff but as it was at our front door I couldn't leave it there.

We have had a good day, I did some baking with the children, we made some apple pastries, lots of puzzles and games today too plus the added bonus of my little one that is normally the last one to go home got picked up early so I had an early finish too

Have a lovely weekend everyone, I am looking forward to mine after spending the last two Saturdays training.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse - did your friend bring cake?

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Exactly what I was wondering too!

The other day I was standing at the sink in the kitchen. I walked about 3 m away to put something on the table turned round and there was a decapitated bird bleeding all over the mat in front of the sink!!!! Cats! Who'd have them?!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we had cake! Coffee and walnut, my absolute favourite

I have to say, it was lovely sitting in the sun and having a chat. I told her about the toad incident. She told me how her cat turned up one day with a koi carp! She said it was about a foot long (although she may have exaggerated that bit!). She said she doesn't even know anyone living near her who has fish so she's no idea where the cat got it from.

We have 2 cats. One of them never brings anything in, but the other one brings in anything he can find - from leaves and twigs to mice and toads

11. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post