It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

What’s everyone got planned for the weekend?

I need to get a couple of birthday cards so I’ll nip out to get them this morning. I really ought to buy a few to keep in the cupboard so I’ve got a plenty to last me through the next few months. Either that or I start making my own!

I also need some food shopping basics so might go to the supermarket. I went last weekend for the first time since March and it was quite nice being able to browse the shelves. The main thing putting me off going to more shops is the weather. I’ve ventured into several now and have had to queue outside for most of them. It’s always been sunny though so it’s been ok. I really don’t fancy queuing in the rain!

This evening we’re going to visit one of our sons and his girlfriend. We haven’t seen much of them in recent months so it’ll be lovely to have a catch up. I’ve lost track of who we’re allowed to visit and whether or not we’re supposed to be going into other people’s houses, but we’re going anyway. We’ve assessed any potential risk and decided we’ll be ok

Have good weekends everyone. I hope the sun is shining wherever you are.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy weekend!

DH & I were going to go out ... we hadn't decided where, but its raining, and neither of us fancy walking round shops, so not sure what we'll do/if we do! quite tempted to curl up with a book.

I do need to do a food shop though, and all the usual saturday jobs!

Mouse, I buy cards from Card Factory ... it used to be 5 or 7 cards for £1, but I think it might be 10 now !!!! I also buy 'nice' cards from all over, whenever I see them for particular people / and to have a selection of different ones, but I find having a 15yr old DD, she frequently needs a card with no notice If I buy a particular card for someone, I then stick it in my card box, but with a post it note or something saying who it is for !!!! ( stops the 15 yr old pinching 'my' cards! )

I've lost track of what we are and are not allowed to do as well! I'm going to wear a mask when I go shopping later. I've got some more fabric, and just need my sewing machine back from being serviced, and I'm going to make some more. Decided I'm going to keep a couple in my work bag, and a couple in my car, and a couple in my handbag, then I've always got one! And if each one is in a sealed plastic bag ( or maybe a small plastic box ... i don't really want to keep using plastic bags! ) I can then put a clean one on/put a used one away safely before washing it. DH has decided that he doesn't like mine, and is going to experiment with a fitted one. He likes the sound of my new fabric, but I want him to experiment with some old/scrap fabric first ( or at least to wait until I've worked out how much of the new fabric is 'spare' !!!! ) He's quite handy with a sewing machine, but has only ever done car upholstery.

have fun everyone xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been wearing fabric masks for a couple of weeks now and would highly recommend you get one of the extenders for across the back of your head. I’ve found they’re so much more comfortable than having the elastic round your ears. If you’re making your own you’d just have to make sure the elastic is long enough to stretch. I’ve got a couple of crocheted bands than I keep in my bag.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This time last year, who would have thought we would be comparing/discussing face masks!

DH had one on in the supermarket the other day and it was an awful one. He said he was nearly passing out. After about 20 minutes he realised it wasn't compulsory to wear one just yet and was so happy! It is definitely worth experimenting in the next few days to make sure we have the right one for us.

I've been ironing curtains and DH has put up a new curtain pole in our bedroom. We've hung one pair of curtains (have two windows in our bedroom) and they are looking lovely. I'll iron the second pair tomorrow.

I took the dog for a walk - it rained quite heavily on us - and now I can just smell wet dog in my house.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a lovely sunny day yesterday. Went for a walk in the morning. Then had my hair coloured and cut. Feels so nice not having it keep fall over my eyes. Did some gardening and sat read my book In the sun. Today is supposed to be rainy so I’m defrosting the freezer. Preparing for the onslaught on summer hols tomorrow. I’ve booked a 2hr parking slot in knole deer park near me for Wednesday to take the children to. Feels strange having to be restricted to 2 hrs when I’m usually there for a whole day with them