Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

So face coverings are to become mandatory in shops from next week. Have you been wearing one already? How have you found it? I've been using cotton face coverings in shops for a couple of weeks now but I do find it difficult to breathe after a while. I'm wondering whether to try a disposable mask to see if it's any more comfortable.

Today I'm waiting for delivery of a couple of Covid-19 test kits. None of us in the family have got any symptoms but DH was asked to do a test as part of a trial. He could sign one other person up, so chose me...thanks!! I think I would rather have gone to a testing centre than have to do the test myself, but it's over an hour round trip to the nearest centre and DH decided it would be easier at home. I'm sure he'll change his mind when I ram the swab up his nose Has anyone done a test themselves? I have several friends whose families are on a testing programme where someone goes to the house each week to take swabs. One friend's son tested positive although he had no symptoms at all and no one else in the family got it.

What are your plans for today? I've only go one toddler here and she's happily emptying toy baskets out and refilling them. It's been a bit cold out this morning, but the sun is starting to break through now so we're going to head into the garden until lunchtime. We might even have a picnic lunch out there

Have good days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH wears a face covering all the time when he goes out but I have been reluctant but now I won't have a choice. We have cloth ones as didn't want to go down the disposable route but our LA gave us all a PPE kit which included face masks so I may use them. I have found my cloth one pings off my ears from time to time I think its a whole new industry, I have seen quite a few home businesses appear on social media today for face masks. Our local village Facebook page is full of people commenting on where you can buy face coverings or disposable masks.

I am really interested in the whole Covid Testing, as a family we are signed up to a research program, we randomly got sent an invasion in the post. It does say at some point we may be asked to be tested but at the moment I just have to complete a weekly survey about our family.

Weather a bit cloudy here but we spent the morning outside now the 3 of them are sleeping well 2 are sleeping 1 is resting.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I popped into the co-op this morning and about 99% of the customers were wearing masks. I haven't worn one yet but I have it ready. It's quite comfy actually compared to the homemade ones that we have. I tried it on last night and DH was laughing at me and ordered himself a totally different brand (including one to keep permanently in the car so he doesn't get caught out). They arrived today and are terrible - it's as if they are made for a horse with a long, pointy face. It's so funny.

Not sure whether to get DD a child's one.

So, the covid test...is it up the nose? I thought it was the back of the throat... Think I would prefer the throat.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

So, the covid test...is it up the nose? I thought it was the back of the throat... Think I would prefer the throat.
    It's both. Throat first then up your nose. It wasn't too bad I suppose. I did gag when I was doing the back of my throat, but I guess that's to be expected when you're swabbing your tonsil with a giant cotton bud

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh goodness ... I've also signed up to be part of a covid test, test... just waiting to see what happens.

I haven't been wearing a mask, I get a bit claustrophobic wearing masks ( children's animal ones! ) and my mouth isn't covered by those!

I've been making some. I tried several patterns! I couldn't get on with the pleated ones, and the shaped ones were odd! I finally settled on the actual mask pattern given by the govt! But with a couple of alterations to the actual manufacture! The rest of the family are not impressed as they were made with very bright patterned fabric but tough!
    What I'm not sure about is if children need to wear them? At what age? I'm going out and about a bit with minded children ... only outside, but if we were to venture into a shop .. especially over the holidays when we might need an ice cream ...

We went duck feeding this morning and an enormous fish was chasing off the ducks to get the food!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dh has to wear one all the time for work and he hates them.

I must admit I'm havent worn one to the shops but I will start now. I don't quite understand why now but I'm not going to be shouting its against my human rights.

I think its for children 11 and over Maza.

I'm working 3 days this week and then i finish for the school holidays.

Let's hope we are back to something like normality come September.

Cadent are currently digging out street up to replace the gas pipes its very noisy here at the moment though I think it will keep a mindee occupied tomorrow. One of our neighbours were extremely unhappy that they had dug up outside his house. I think he felt disappointed that I wasn't upset that they have to come onto my property and dig a hole
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door