Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Can you believe it’s the 1st of July already?

We’d normally be on a countdown to the summer holidays now. Sports days, leavers’ assemblies, graduations, proms...there’s a lot not happening this year.

One of my parents messaged me this morning to ask if I was taking a week off in August like I usually do. I hadn’t really thought about it until now. Are any of you taking annual leave this year? I definitely would if I’d been working all the way through lockdown, but I’ve just had 12 weeks off so don’t think I want more time off, especially as I don’t charge for my holidays! I don’t think I’ll want to go away in August so it seems daft taking another week off just to stay at home.

Any exciting plans for today? I’ve got 2 children here and we’re going to make a birthday card for one of the other children. They don’t live close enough for us to deliver it on foot so we’ll take a walk to the postbox. I know they’ll squabble over who’s going to put it in the postbox so I’ve got another letter for the other one to post. Anything to avoid a meltdown at the postbox

Have good days all

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I remember having to take a fair share of letters to the postbox so that they all had their turn! Happy days.

Well, after feeling totally man down yesterday I have made a miraculous recovery. My eye isn't hurting anymore. I've always been prone to blocked tear ducts, but this one felt worse that ever - half of my face was throbbing and I couldn't see because it was constantly watering. No idea why it cleared up so quickly this time, but I'm glad it did. The only problem is, I'm not wearing any eye make-up today as I don't want to push my luck. I look so scary without eyeliner and mascara. I wish it was sunny so that I could hide behind sunglasses. I didn't want to bump into anyone on the school run today, but of course I bumped into everyone.

It is so sad Mouse that all the lovely end of term things can't happen. My sister had paid a small fortune for my nieces prom dress. They had really saved up for it too because they wanted to spoil her for having worked so hard for her GCSEs which of course never happened. I feel so sorry for them and everyone in those year groups.

I have read a couple of posts recently that suggest proms are becoming a thing for Year 6s too! I'm glad we've missed out on that! Yesterday, DD's bubble at school went out to Forest School (usually only the EYFS kids do forest school there, but as most of them have not gone back to school there are spare slots and so the Year 6s have been having forest school once a week). They all played Hide and Seek for their 'lesson' and it was one of her best days ever. She said they managed to socially distance as they played. I'm sure she enjoyed it more than she would have enjoyed a prom.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

AWW Maza, that sounds like so much fun for your DD.

Enjoy the walk to the post box Mouse!

I can't believe it is July either! I am taking my usual 2 weeks off in the summer holidays .... i did think about not taking it, but, in the end, decided i still needed a break !! DH is working one of those weeks, and then the week he is off, we are hoping to get away in the campervan for a few days. ( typically ... DD should have been going to orthodontist next week ... they've cancelled it 'consultant unavailability' ... and the date given ... is right in the middle of that week !!! so i've had to cancel that appt and it is now END of AUGUST! we're on list for a cancellation ... but not sure how likely that is !!! Tempted to phone and say we need an emergency appt! but that would mean we probably wouldn't get to see DDs consultant, which would defeat the purpose of going! )

I've got just one little person here today ... we went out to feed the ducks, a walk in the woods and ended up with a spot of pond dipping ... we caught a teeny tiny fish !!!! about 3/4mm long! and lots of water boatmen ... it was VERY exciting!

Have fun everyone xx

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our year 6s have proms. It used to be an end of year school disco with a theme such as hawaiian or neon but it got high jacked by some parents who want a prom.

Do last year had a fifties style dress which she could wear again. Some parents spent in excess off £100 and some will have spray tans make up etc. All I found excessive for a 11 year old.

It is sad the stuff that's being missed the last primary sports day etc.

Maza the forest school day sounds great.

We have been on a long walk today so now they are eating dinner
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Spray tans for year 6s Fussy!!! It's a lot of pressure.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am still having my week off in August as we have a lodge booked in the Lake District, its an area I have always wanted to visit so we decided we would go this year but guessing it's going to be too busy as most people are staying home this summer! We are staying on a working farm in the middle of nowhere so I guess if we try an avoid the tourist spots we will be ok. I have had 2 weeks off over lockdown so it will be lovely to actually do something this time.

It is sad for the Yr6s as our school normally puts on a lot of activities for them including a special day out and they all camp out at school too!
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That sounds nice Pixie.

Being nosy... whereabouts in the Lakes? My friend lives near Maryport, and we have 'sort of' family in the northern lakes. It's very beautiful, but does get very busy.

We're hoping to get across to the Dale's... still waiting to hear about a couple of our favourite campsites .... BUT we'll need/ want local pub to be open! On the plus side, we don't like busy sites, but they are all saying less pitches will be available, so sounding OK!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Spray tans for year 6s Fussy!!! It's a lot of pressure.
    I remember ds who is not the most tactful of people ask loudly why one girl was orange at his.

One girl at dds looked like she couldn't move her face because of make up. Too much for them so young
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I remember ds who is not the most tactful of people ask loudly why one girl was orange at his.

One girl at dds looked like she couldn't move her face because of make up. Too much for them so young
    I quite agree. When DD left yr 6 .... we all went to a local woods for a BBQ ... they were playing in the stream, getting covered in mud and behaving like children! ( apart from a couple of girls who had come in white clothing ) This was only 4 years ago ... last years yr 6 had a prom like event, they dressed up, but no fancy cars/meal etc ... just a disco in local hall! no idea what this years yr 6 were going to do. But it isn't arranged with the school. The parents arrange it all! so I guess what happens is down to the parents ... DDs years parents are (mainly) all very down to earth and 'outdoorsy' !! and we were the first year to do 'anything' outside of the usual end of term stuff the school arranges.

I've seen a few posts about how nurseries were going to host/ celebrate graduation ceremonies and had to re-read several times to take in that they were talking about 4 yr olds !!!! ... getting dressed up, almost prom like or even gowns and mortar boards world has gone crazy !!!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a walk today with tree climbing added. Did some school work with the 2 I had today. They seem to be enjoying it too.
    Just one for a while tomorrow, who hadn't returned till now. So we are hoping for a walk, then some lunch. She's bringing her knitting as she has learnt during lockdown
    I'm taking 3 of my usual 4 weeks holiday.I had a week booked 8th June but didn't take it as it was the first week back at work for me