Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

Here we are - the start of another week. I hope it’s a good one for you all.

I’ve got another child returning this week, so only one more to go and that’s them all back They’re all on fewer days and shorter hours but at least it’s keeping me going for now. One will be leaving in September to go school and the others have already confirmed the hours they’ll need then so I can look at taking on new starters to fill the spaces. My aim is to be back up to full numbers by September

Today looks like being a wet and grim day so I don’t think I’ll be venturing far. I’ll potter round this morning getting some jobs done, then if it’s still miserable I think I’ll have an afternoon on the sofa with a book - I’m going to make the most of my Mondays off while I’ve still go them

Take care all

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

Day off, and I've got piles of jobs to do, now that I'm working 4 days and can't pop out to shops/do jobs as usual with minded children! However, I'd really rather stay in bed!

I've got 1 more EY child to talk to about September... i have a couple where it depends if they can share settings in September... I'm putting them down as a probably, and parents are as equally frustrated as me at not knowing what will be happening. I then need to talk to my afterschoolers, but again, that depends on sharing settings!
    I'm seeing a prospective parent in a couple of weeks, who will fit into the space I have coming up for September, so I'm not worrying too much.

Have a safe and dry day all xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse, hope you managed to have an afternoon on the sofa with y our book. Sounds bliss.

We had an electrician booked in for today to give us a quote for some random jobs. That meant that I had to clean and tidy before he came. It's amazing how efficient you can be when someone is coming round! The whole house is lovely and clean right now! I don't want to start cooking and mess up the kitchen though. Housework had definitely slipped a bit during lockdown when we were safe in the knowledge that there would be no visitors who could just pop in!

Last night we watched 'Athlete A' on Netflix. It's about the abuse that the American gymnastics team endured from their team doctor. It just beggars belief how yet again we hear of so many people who turned a blind eye.

Have a lovely day everyone.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have worked today and then weds -fri not sure i like this working a 4 day week.

I must admit home schooling is becoming the bane of my life.
    Teams which it is set on is intermittent on how it wants to work.
    Sometimes we don't get feedback on the work submitted.

School rang today to see if I would take photos of dd in her uniform/pe kit for the year 6s. The pe skort is very short on her but she seems to have grown up in her face. I have also had to face facts that ds2 is now taller than me

A book on the settee sounds fab
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fussy homeschooling was starting to irritate me too. Now that DD is back in school she doesn't even get homework, because half the class is staying at home, and so they couldn't very well set homework for the class on top of homeschooling for those who are still at home. Because of the staggered pick up we have to collect her at 2.45! Her work doesn't get marked either. She's having a lovely, relaxing time - and I think her teachers are too!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don’t mind me asking Mouse and any others, are you charging less fees as the children are coming for less hours? I’ve got one coming back (they are term time only) Just coming back for last two weeks of July then off until September. But they are only coming back for 4 hours instead of 6 September back to normal hours.I’m thinking only charge 4 but of course I’m losing out again ☹️

Also just maybe of interest.I met someone in a shop and she was saying her grandchild who goes to a Childminder has to be collected an hour earlier than normal but still pays for the hour they aren’t there so the Childminder can clean in Childminding hours !!! I was shocked . Have you heard of this?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza I think I'm going to be bald as well as grey
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    If you don’t mind me asking Mouse and any others, are you charging less fees as the children are coming for less hours? I’ve got one coming back (they are term time only) Just coming back for last two weeks of July then off until September. But they are only coming back for 4 hours instead of 6 September back to normal hours.I’m thinking only charge 4 but of course I’m losing out again ☹️

Also just maybe of interest.I met someone in a shop and she was saying her grandchild who goes to a Childminder has to be collected an hour earlier than normal but still pays for the hour they aren’t there so the Childminder can clean in Childminding hours !!! I was shocked . Have you heard of this?
    Oh, that's a tricky one ... mine have all come back to their regular hours, apart from one, but her hours were all 2yr Funding, so I'm getting paid for her hours regardless of what hours she does.
    I said that once mine were back, then it was fees as normal. If my children are back, it's because parents are working, and they can't leave early to collect early! I do a bit of a clean as we tidy up at the end of the day, and then a bit more once they've gone ... just like I did in the 'old days' !!
    I think Dragonfly, you just have to do what you feel comfortable with and what your contracts say. I think I would probably say that you are available for the 6hrs child is usually contracted for, and therefore, you are charging for those hours. Good luck xx

10. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

I'm charging less, but then it's my choice to work fewer hours. I'm opening for 6 hours a day and charging a set daily rate for that. I think in your position I'd probably charge the full 6 hours, especially as it's only for a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised at a childminder closing early to get their cleaning done. I've heard all sorts of strange things being introduced! Personally, I clean as we go along and at the end of the day I give all the toys a spray over with Dettol before packing them away again.

12. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for your help.

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post