It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

My dilemma this morning - do I go and water the plants now or leave them and hope the rain we’re forecast comes along and does the job for me? I don’t want them waterlogged

It’s still very hot and sticky here so anything I do today will be done at a snail’s pace. My son and I were comparing notes yesterday about how useless we are in hot weather. It drains the energy from us Yet another son is a hot weather worshipper. He was working out in the garden yesterday in the blazing heat while I was congratulating myself if I managed to move away from the fan for more than 10 minutes at a time

My only real plan for today is to sort the freezer. I need to see what’s lurking in there that we’ve forgotten about. The added bonus is that it’ll be cold

Have good days everyone

2. Likes Dragonfly, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

That made me laugh about moving away from the fan! A lot cooler today and has been raining. Meant to brighten up this afternoon.There is always something lurking at the back of a freezer forgotten about.

Whatever everyone is doing have a lovely weekend.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I collected a parcel that we had ordered from M and S yesterday. They were clothes for DD - always a gamble when buying online, but they all fitted and were really nice. It's such a relief as she really was short of clothes which fitted her. She's at that in between age too when a lot of clothes out there are either too grown up for her or too babyish.

We have started watching 'The Nest' (think it's on iplayer). It's quite good.

For the last two nights our puppy has woken us up at 4am. He sleeps downstairs now but has such a loud bark. It sounds mean but we didn't go to him because he went through a phase of waking us up in the night a while back and he just wanted to play, so we're not falling for it this time round. We're exhausted today (he was barking on and off since 4am). He's just curled up, dead to the world catching up on his own sleep!

It's raining on and off here, so an indoor day mostly. I've done the ironing for next week and now DD and I are watching Harry Potter (and both wishing we were reading them again for the first time). We've got some jacket potatoes baking - I can't remember when I last had a jacket potato and it's one of my favourite lunches. DH is doing some work on the bathroom and then we are going to go for a walk to check out porches in the area, as we're hoping to add a porch to our house soon. What an exciting life I'm leading right now, lol!

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza I find buying for my dd2 hard as you say at 12 the clothes are either for much older children or younger. Add in shes tall and very skinny.

We are having jacket potatoes too dh has a break so I find them a decent dinner when he has hours left to do at work.

We are having intermittent showers and thunder but it still feels very sticky here.

Nothing really planned we did the netflix party with my brother again this morning. June is a busy month it mine and my brothers birthday its my dad's and my nieces.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess what we had for lunch....jacket potato

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had cheese and beans with ours. What did you all have? I fancied coleslaw but we didn't have any.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had tuna, cheese and coleslaw. Delicious!

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

feeling left out! I didn't have baked potato for lunch!

I had a poached egg in a brioche roll.

I've just got back from taking DD shopping .. nothing exciting, but she's got into sewing scrunchies and I gave most of my scrap fabric away for scrubs at the start of lock down, so we bought some fabric, and elastic, and random other bits she 'needed' like fake flowers and picture frames! She wanted to go clothes shopping with friends tomorrow, but I'm not ready to let her brave primark etc! Plus, she's only recently ordered stuff from Shein, so doesn't actually need any more!
    I remember when DD was 11/12 and clothes that fitted her were all very young ( as she was tiny ) or just far too old looking. I always found H&M good for basics.

We've had a couple of storms and temp has dropped right down now. It was very muggy and sticky last night. DH had the fan going, but i couldn't sleep with it on, so feel shattered today.

Xx

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo - how do you find the quality/sizing of Shein? I often see some gorgeous looking clothes on there but haven't ever ordered anything.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Loocyloo - how do you find the quality/sizing of Shein? I often see some gorgeous looking clothes on there but haven't ever ordered anything.
    Eldest do orders from there all the time and never seems to have a sizing problem.

However dd2 seems to be too small for most of the clothes she likes.

We had tuna/cheese or cheese and beans on our jackets.

I do like him for clothes but dd2 really does struggle from everywhere for jeans. As her waist is to small for her height oh to have that problem
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It’s Glastonbury weekend!
    We always do ‘Glastonbury at home’ by watching what we can on TV, then play our own records through inspiration from what we’ve viewed.
    We eat junk, drink plenty and have a great relaxing musical weekend.....but have nice toilets!

Sad that the friends who often join us can’t be with us, but a little bit of normality in this crazy world for us...watching Glastonbury of old not live of course. Great Friday night start with Jo and Mark, just tuned in for the Saturday experience.
    Zoomed friends with ‘best Glastonbury moments’ ...lots of music and laughter and reminiscing earlier.

Perhaps we’ll get there again next year!

Baked potatoes are the best tasty, no effort lunch I can think of.

19. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    DD seems fine with Shein sizing. She is a 6/8. She's never needed to send anything back, but I've heard it's very difficult.

She struggles with jeans everywhere. She is a 24/26 waist and long legged. After an epic shopping trip back in January .... where she tried on every pair of jeans in every shop .... and finally found a pair that fitted! In top shop. So now we know what to buy. Other than jeans she wears sports /dance leggings.

Enjoy Glastonbury Flora. I remember you doing this each year. Perfect Glastonbury weather ... scorching sun and thunderstorms

21. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am currently watching Bruce Springsteen on Glastonbury, DS2 asked who he was We have had quite a chilled day as the weather has been too good here today. Now the weather has warmed up I have realised I could do with some new T-shirts, I normally enjoy clothes shopping but I have decided I don't need that much that I will go shopping. I will just browse online instead.

Just to add DS2 is 22 years old.
    Pixie Dust

23. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post