Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

Has anyone had a thunder storm yet? I think they’re forecast over most of the country today but so far there’s no sign of one here. I used to be absolutely terrified of thunderstorms but I actually quite like them now...as long as I’m indoors and they don’t last too long!

I’m not working today but I’m doing some online training this afternoon. I’ve done a few courses since we’ve been in lockdown and wonder if online webinars will happen more often now the LA are set up to deliver them. I know it’s not the same as face to face training (and I do miss the social interaction side of attending training courses) but it’s an awful lot easier setting the webcam up and sitting at home than it is dragging yourself along to a training centre at the weekend or in the evening after work.
    I will confess, I signed up for a morning course a few weeks back and completely forgot about it until a text reminder came through. I was still in bed! I quickly logged on but turned the webcam off so no one could see me. I told the trainer it wasn’t working! While she was talking I got dressed then turned the camera back on and pretended I’d managed to fix it

Have good days everyone, whatever you’ve got planned. Stay safe, keep cool and stay dry if the storms head your way

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

No storm here yet .... very muggy though and about 21°.

I've got 2 today ... we're going out for an adventure! Haven't left the house with minded children since 18th March!! ( apart from DD school runs in car ) ... we're taking waterproofs and hopefully will be back before storm arrives ... forecast for this afternoon. I like a storm ... as long as I'm inside ... although I don't mind being out in pouring rain ... its just the getting everyone out of wet clothing after it that I don't like!

I've done a few webinars, but I get easily sidetracked and find myself switching screens and looking at my emails on my phone etc! I've found the ones that are prerecorded that I can pause are better! I've done a few of the childcare.co.uk webinars both 'live' and watched later. I've enjoyed those.

Have fun today xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse that made me laugh!

I've also done a bit of online training too. Like you said, it is much more convenient, but the old way was really good for meeting new people. Plus, we always got lovely free biscuits. I like the webinars where you can get on with stuff while listening.

Mouse - how are your M and S plants getting on?

We watched the final of sewing bee last night. Loved it. Seeing all the kilts made me quite nostalgic. Everyone seemed to have one when we were little.

We've had little thunderstorms this morning already.

Enjoy your adventure loocyloo!

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning.

No thunderstorms here though it is trying to rain.

Been a walk to the outside plant store. My girls are obsessed with gardening at the minute.

Nothing else planned my dh has been working long days and assures me it's cooler today.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a little rain shower earlier but suns out now. I am doing my First Aid training in a couple of weeks time and the instructor has said there will only be a few people in the class and everyone will have their own "kit" given to them to use though the training and everyone will have a mannequin to do all the practical stuff on rather than practicing on each other. I really don't enjoy First Aid training at the best of times so not sure how I feel about it at the moment with the social distancing etc. I hate all the scenario role play stuff that we normal end up doing so hopefully we won't have to this time.
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Mouse - how are your M and S plants getting on?

The peppers didn't ever come to anything. Not even the slightest hint of anything growing.
    The flowers are doing OK. I can't actually remember what they are, but they've got quite a few leaves so I'm hopeful they might flower one day.
    The winners by far are the beetroot. They've taken off really well and look like we might actually get some real beetroot popping through at some point
    They're in my veg planter with peas, beans, lettuce and spring onions. They're all growing really well but no signs of anything edible yet I'm not green fingered at all but I have enjoyed planting them and watching them grow. I'll be ecstatic if we end up with something we can eat

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Pixie dust I absolutely hate having to do the first aid course too. Good luck.

11. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Still no storm ... it was very muggy earlier, but now we have a bit of a breeze!

We went to our local zoo and it was lovely to see all the animals and chat to some of the keepers! We had waterproofs and brollies at the ready ... but didn't need them! I'm not going out with minded children again for a while, but decided the boys (siblings) and I needed a treat after 3 months at home and next week more children are returning, so we'll be home settling them back in! I talked to mum and she said she'd hoped we might manage a quick zoo trip! I did read that we were only to go out for essential journeys ... it was essential for all of our mental healths!

Home now and we have all just flopped!

Hope first aid goes well Pixie .... i loathe first aid training.. makes me feel sick and shivery. I've found a localish company who allow you to do 6hrs online and then 6hrs in classroom and it's about do-able, but I still don't like it. I really wish that after 30 yrs of doing first aid, I could get away just an online refresher!!!

13. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had torrential rain and thunderstorm at 5 this morning. Then the sun came back and it now feels hotter than before. No work today so I’ve cleaned all the toys and done my house work. Had a lovely walk with my friend today. Having a curry for tea and watching a film with DP

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh loocyloo, a trip to the zoo! How perfect.

Sylvia, let us know what film you end up watching and whether it is any good. DH and I have such different taste (to each other) when it comes to movies, it's quite rare that we find one which we both love.