What a wet and windy day
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What a wet and windy day

It’s miserable out there today, but still very warm and muggy. I wish the weather would make up its mind! I did try opening the window to let some air in, but then the rain started coming in instead

I’ve just got one child here today and she’ll go home just after lunch. That’ll give me chance to catch up on Sewing Bee from last night. I’ve also got some paperwork I need to get finished so if I do that this afternoon I’ll have a completely free day tomorrow

I have just realised it’s Father’s Day this weekend so I really need to make something with the child I have here today. She’s not really into crafting but will happily splash some paint around so I’m sure we can come up with something for her to take home. I might attempt decorating some biscuits with her, but she usually eats more than she puts on the biscuits so I’m not sure how well that’ll work

Have good days everyone and stay dry

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

but dull here in Blackpool.
    theme of the day Winnie the pooh
    x

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea08 Blackpool is one of my favourite places. Are you able to get out and about with the mindees at the moment?

It's rained all day here so far.

DD was telling me that while they have to be 2 meters apart inside school, they only have to be 1 meter outside. The other day, they were allowed to play tag/it/tick with a foam stick which was a meter long and they had great fun. I'm really proud and impressed with how organisations all over the country have adapted and been creative within the guidelines.

Somehow, my spell check has switched to an American version and it is really irritating as it is underlining so many of my words right to show that they are incorrect. It's actually quite amazing just how many words are spelt differently between the two countries. I'll (well, DH will) have to figure out how to change it back.

Keep dry everyone!

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Andrea08 Blackpool is one of my favourite places. Are you able to get out and about with the mindees at the moment?

hi hun, well its wet and cold today so not going out we having a pooh bear indoor picnic
    I had a couple of weeks off at the start of lock down but working with CIN (child Protection children)

we got no guidance to help me working so I just had to crack on....
    but we are classed as a bubble so we just stick together and and not made any changes to the setting except ;
    more hand washing
    more easy clean toys

we have been on short walks together linked to the themes we have been doing e.g. down the prom (Tide was in), local duck pond,

how far away are you if / when things change and you can visit I could meet up x

It's rained all day here so far.

DD was telling me that while they have to be 2 meters apart inside school, they only have to be 1 meter outside. The other day, they were allowed to play tag/it/tick with a foam stick which was a meter long and they had great fun. I'm really proud and impressed with how organisations all over the country have adapted and been creative within the guidelines.

I hate this idea of the children having to social distance ... its so not normal

Somehow, my spell check has switched to an American version and it is really irritating as it is underlining so many of my words right to show that they are incorrect. It's actually quite amazing just how many words are spelt differently between the two countries. I'll (well, DH will) have to figure out how to change it back.

we all need a teenager to help with ICT

Keep dry everyone!
    and you hun xxxx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hello all!

well ... this is probably my last ( working day ) off .... BUT, child that is due back, has yet to confirm !!! ( well Dads work have yet to confirm !!! )

I was having a lazy day, but a friend suggested we went for a walk ( along with out teenagers who are friends ) ... weather looked 'ok' for the next couple of hours ... so off we went !!! .... and the heavens opened! i did have a coat on, but it was too warm to have the hood up !!! wish weather would make its mind up! .... it has been like this here for the past 3 thursdays !!!!

i'm going to have a lazy afternoon now, think i'll hole up with a book somewhere.

take care all, stay safe, and DRY !!!!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea08 I live in Shropshire now but I grew up in Manchester. Like many Mancs, we had our annual weeks holiday in Blackpool in the 70s and 80s, plus trips out to see the illuminations in the Autumn/Winter. About three years ago I took DD because she had never been. We did all the usual attractions and we also went to the Solaris Centre, which I had never been to before. Our hotel was opposite it. We did some pond dipping there. It was really lovely.