Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

Is anyone planning to go shopping today now that they can reopen? I imagine the queues will be huge so I’ll be interested to see how it actually works. I feel sorry for the shop workers having to deal with it all.
    DH is convinced we’re heading for a second spike, but I’m not so sure. People have been flouting lockdown rules for a while now but numbers of infections and deaths are still dropping. I hope it means we’re heading out of the pandemic although that may just be wishful thinking.

Do you know many people who have had coronavirus? I know one person who tested positive and who was quite ill. They didn’t need hospital care but they were very unwell for a couple of weeks. I also know one family who thought they had it but that was before testing was available. They’ve since had antibody tests that confirmed they did have it. Then I have another friend who has had a positive antibody test but didn’t even know he’d had the virus. He was quite ill in February with what he now knows were coronavirus symptoms but that was way before it was identified in the UK. He says either that was it or he’s had it more recently but with no symptoms. It’s all a bit strange!

Anyway, has anyone got any exciting plans for today? The weather is miserable here so I’m going to have a cosy day indoors.

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No I won't be shopping today even though it would be nice to take the littlest lady of the house shopping for her birthday.

I don't know about the second wave either Mouse I know Chris Whittey seems very concerned over it. However the way they record deaths in this country is confusing. The celebration of low numbers for yesterday seems to be misplaced as numbers were up on Saturday so on average the weekend deaths were higher than last week.

Dh is fetching a trampoline today after my fb post the other day about if anyone saw somewhere selling them a lovely friend is giving me hers as they are getting rid. Dd is made up and doesn't care its second hand. Hopefully her skateboard gets here today

I'm not working till Wednesday so I'm going to tidy up a bit and start baking. I'm going to bake a brownie stack for dds cake.

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't be going shopping just yet, although DD is really, really short of clothes that fit her. She went back to school this morning for the first time and they have to wear their own clothes rather than their uniform, so I would love to get down to Primark and pick up a few bits, but it's just not worth it yet.

The second spike - demonstrations, illegal raves, general easing of lockdown - how can we not have a second spike? But then I just don't know, as you say, infection/death rates are falling at the moment. My friend lost her husband to it quite early on and DH's friend lost his auntie, dad and almost his mum to it. A friend of ours had it but wasn't ill at all really. A few of my siblings have had multiple colleagues who have it really bad, and some have passed away. Fussy, I agree that Chris Whitty and all the other scientists take on a more serious/concerned tone than the politicians in the daily briefings.

Fussy, hope you manage to get everything ready for your DD's birthday.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't plan on going shopping at the moment as I am still quite concerned about it spreading, I do think there will be a second spike but other countries seem to be successfully slowly coming out the otherwise so fingers crossed it won't happen.

I don't know anyone who has had a confirmed case of the virus but my eldest now swears he had back in February as he said he has never felt so bad with a cough etc but he hasn't had an anti-body test and even if that came back positive I guess there is no way of knowing if it was then anyway.

Have a good week everyone.
    Pixie Dust

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No shopping for me for quite a while. Nothing I’m desperate for so I’ll let the rush go first. My DP’s son, wife and 2 children were here yesterday. They were happily telling me a string of names they had in their house on Saturday evening who didn’t go home till midnight. I had to go inside before I lost my temper! She’s a care home nurse and I thought she might know better! Had a lovely walk with the 8yr old I have here today. Did some of his school work to help parents out as they are still working full days

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

what a stunning day today!

it was a bit overcast this morning, so i buried myself away and got a pile of paperwork done ... and at lunchtime it was blisteringly hot! I ended up just sitting in the sun reading! feels as if it might thunderstorm soon!

I need a few random bits from shops, but nothing urgent. I usually do most of my shopping online, so nothing new there!

I don't know anyone who has had Corona, although a few friends think they had it back in February. one of my mums works at a hospital; she had the antibody test, and it came back negative. One of her colleagues tests came back positive, although he had no symptons and has not been off work at all, as never felt ill!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Having said that I wasn't going to go shopping i ended up shopping today but only to home bargains. My local shop had no birthday cards in so I had to go and it seemed to cost me alit more money
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I always find home bargains is like that

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza,

I hope your DD had a good time back at school today.

my DD is excited to go back and see some friends and teachers tomorrow ... but oh my goodness ... the debates over what to wear !!!!

11. Likes Maza liked this post