Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

It's a three day week for me with more children starting to come back. I've had another one return this morning. Mum was very anxious about how she'd be after all this time at home, but she came running in without even saying bye! There have been a few changes since she was here last, but she had a quick look round to take it all in, then started playing happily. Children are very adaptable

After a miserable start to the day yesterday, it ended up being a lovely sunny day. I hope today is going to do the same! It's grey and overcast at the moment but very muggy. I opened the backdoor for some fresh air, but there doesn't seem to be any! I think we'll get the water table set up. A bit of splashing around always cools things down

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning! We had a storm and torrential rain yesterday evening and it was wonderful (because we were nice and dry indoors). It is a bit muggy here too, today.

DD had an absolute blast yesterday at school. She's in a bubble with 7 other children, a teacher (not her old teacher) and a TA. She came back totally invigorated after interacting with people her own age again. The best part is, she won't get any homework from now on. The worst part, for her, is that DH and I have decided that she definitely needs to do more chores around the house, and she has no excuses now.

The water tray idea sounds perfect Mouse. Fussy, is it your DD's birthday today?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So glad your DD had a good day Maza. Sounds lovely.

We're busy playing in the sand and water ... sand looks like a swamp with added flowers and leaves!

A fellow childminder just sent me a link from somewhere saying that Public Health had said water play was no good ... as children can't socially distance as they play in it, and it could harbour infection and splash on people and be inhaled! .... I just add hand soap to my water and empty it every night/ give it a clean!

Just had mum of one of my schoolies ask if she could come for an afternoon ... i said yes ... as, as far as I know we can have any children back? Is that right? Not just keywords or vulnerable children? ( and actually, to start with she'd probably be here with just me! ) . Edited to say.. just goggled and yes, we can have back any child!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 16-06-2020 at 01:16 PM.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes Maza its dds 12th birthday.

Mouse the weather here isn't good we had storms through the night. I just need the rain to stop so she can go out on her new skateboard.

I have done an afternoon and she wants a mixed grill for tea. I have also got to finish a brownie stack.

No children here till Thursday.

Loocyloo I read that about water play the bit about social distancing seems extermre as they have said its impossible to social distance in the early years
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday to your DD Fussy. The brownie stack sounds yummy!

I'm glad your DD enjoyed being back at school Maza. My grandson (reception age) went back last week and loved it. It was a difficult choice for his parents to make, but now that he's back they're happy with their decision.

I read that link about water play Loocyloo. My thinking is that water could harbour infection but only if a child actually has the virus. And if they do have the virus, it'll be everywhere else in the house before they even get outside to the water table! We've been doing water play with a squirt of antibacterial soap in it and I'll keep doing that.

I've finished work for the day and am sitting having a cup of coffee in peace. I can hear rumbles in the distance so I'm guessing the storm is on its way. I'm tracking it on lightningmaps.org and can see it's getting closer

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you DD has had a good time back to school Maza.

Hope your DD is enjoying her birthday Fussy!

Someone told me about the water play today too ... we have spent most of the morning playing with soapy water! The children here just love water play so I am not planning on stopping until I hear otherwise from my LA.

The weather has been lovely all day here so fingers crossed the storm isn't heading this way.
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post