It’s the weekend
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend

What’s everyone got planned for the weekend? I’m finding it a bit strange that after a week of working I now have to spend the weekend in lockdown. It’s as if I’m in 2 different worlds - during the week things are quite ‘normal’ but at the weekend I’m back in coronavirus land

Having said that, I won’t be rushing back out to the shops once they open up again next week. I’ve been reading about the changes our local shopping centre will be making and wondering how it’s going to work if hoards of people turn up on Monday. I can’t imagine it’s going to be much fun for anyone.

What’s everyone’s view now on face masks? I know we discussed it a while back and none of us were really planning on wearing them back then. Do you wear one now when you go out, or will you wear one when you start going out a bit more? I’ve got a couple in my bag that I carry with me (along with the antibacterial hand wipes and hand sanitising gel!). I haven’t worn one yet but then I haven’t been anywhere busy.

Whatever you’re up to this weekend have fun a and stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are watching The Star on our netflix party with my brother.

Nothing really planned for this weekend dh is working all of it.

Still not keen to wear a face mask ds wears one on the bus.

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good afternoon.

I've been out to do the food shop ... somehow I am spending more than I was prior to lockdown, when I was feeding several children everyday! I don't feel that i'm particularly buying more food, although DS is always at home, so eating more here I guess. DD pretty much took a pack up every day, and DH takes a pack up for lunch. I think food prices have gone up, and there don't seem to be the 'deals' quite as much. It might also be that I usually had an Asda delivery most weeks, where as now I either go to Lidl or Morrisons (as closest Asda is small and doesn't ever have what i want, and big one is 45min drive away) I guess that also, as I'm walking round the shop I add other things I wasn't planning on buying! ( although .... got a cute little Eric Carle book this morning, that came with small, solid plastic figurines of hungry caterpillar, brown bear, bad tempered ladybird and blue horse ... i'm very excited about that !!! )

No plans for the rest of the weekend. the sun is out here, and it's warm, so might do a bit of gardening ( AKA remove the brambles that are trying to reclaim the land that i 'took' from them back at end of March! ) and then sit in sun and read! I've really missed the sun this last week! I was thinking that we might go for a drive and maybe a walk somewhere ... possibly!

have fun everyone.

Mouse ... i know what you mean ... work world is one thing and then the rest of my world is something else! very odd and head wobbling!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The weather is lovely here after being quite grey and damp most of the week, we are going out with the dog later this afternoon for a walk at a local nature reserve hopefully it won't be too bus, we live close to the seaside so hoping everyone has headed to the beach instead!

I have a face mask that I carry with me if I go out to the shop but as of yet I haven't worn it but DH wears his every time he goes in a shop. We have doing having a click and collect food order the last few weeks so no extras end up in the trolley but I do agree that I seem to be spending more but have less children here to feed, I agree that there aren't so many offers about and prices have gone up.

My mum is coming over to have a social distance catch up in the garden as before lockdown she would pop in every weekend then last weekend she had planned to come over for the first time since lockdown then the weather was so awful she couldn't come over but the weather is looking good for tomorrow.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.
    Pixie Dust

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m only working 3 days a week at the moment so still enjoying 2 days to myself before the weekend starts. Today I had a lovely walk with my friend and then came home to do a bit of tidying up. DP came home from work and started to put my new greenhouse together. We got the carcass up but it was so hot that we decided to finish it tomorrow. I keep mask and gloves with me if I go to a shop but I’ll only use them if a lot of others are. It stops them looking at you as if you’re automatically going to infect them. DP says he doesn’t want to wear a mask but has bought one of the neck things that he can just pull up over his mouth and it has a pouch to put a filter in. Be ok in cooler weather I suppose. Enjoy the rest of the weekend