Afternoon Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Afternoon Friday

I had thought working again would get me back into routine, so how come I've spent all of today thinking it's Saturday? I think I need all my family going back to work before it'll feel like a normal week!

I've spent this morning catching up on paperwork - mainly accounts and funding audit. It feels good to have it all done and up to date. As usual I'll promise myself that from now on I'll keep it all up to date, but I'm kidding no one. I know it won't look at it all again for months!

As it's Friday (I'm pretty sure it is!) we're going to have a takeaway tonight, the first one in a long time. As usual, we'll probably spend an hour debating what we're going to have before ordering exactly the same from the place we always order from

Enjoy the rest of your days everyone

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your takeaway Mouse. One of the best things about having a takeaway, apart from the yummy food and not having to cook, is that it doesn't take long to clean up the kitchen after dinner because there are no pans or roasting dishes etc. We had pizza last night, but sadly that means that I have to cook tonight.

We have decided that DD will go back to school on Monday. She is absolutely thrilled and it will be so good for her, although I will miss her and our 'freedom'. The only problem is that she has to take a packed lunch as they won't provide school lunches. She hates sandwiches with a passion. They have to take it in a disposable bag - no boxes or flasks - so we're a bit limited on what we can send in for lunch. Oh well, first world problem.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Enjoy your takeaway Mouse.

Hope your DD enjoys going back to school Maza. I understand the disposable lunch, but from an environmental point I wouldn't be happy. DD isn't keen on sandwiches either... could you do cheese and crackers, or a savoury muffin? I have used cut down paper cups to make little pots for hummus when that was DDs 'go to' lunch! Or could you make/cut down a cereal box to make a disposable tub for salad? I'm sure you'll come up with a million ways of doing a non sandwich lunch.

We had fun playing outside in the rain earlier. My 12mth old had so much fun in the wet sand ... it went down his neck, in his hair ... his waterproof suit was soaked through !

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mouse enjoy your takeaway we tend to have ours on a Saturday it seemed nice to keep some normality at the start of lockdown.

Maza could you get the cardboard treat boxes to put salad etc in.

Loocyloo your day sounds perfect.

I have been having a bit of a meltdown its dds birthday on tuesday and everything she wants seems to be out of stock. Who would have thought people panic brought trampolines.
    In desperation I took to fb and a friend is giving me one for free. However I still physically have no presents for her to open. She has asked for afternoon I can manage that.

Me and dd dropped a birthday present off for a mindee. It was lovely to see them even for a brief moment
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh Fussy, hope you get sorted for your DD's birthday. How frustrating.

I know, it's not great for the environment with all these children having single use plastic food bags for their lunches. Maybe I will look into some sort of cardboard treat box.

Oh yes, loocyloo, thanks for the veggie muffin reminder. She loves those. .