It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

I hope any of you who worked this week had a good week and are now enjoying a restful weekend.

I have children starting back next week so this is my last free weekend. I think I’m all ready. I’ve brought some toys back in from storage and I’ve stocked up on nappies and children’s yoghurts I usually use reusable wipes for hands and faces so I’ve washed those ready. I’ve enough of them that I can use one colour per child and I’ll have so few children to start with it’ll be easy enough to remember who has which colour!

My jobs for today include sorting through the freezer to see what’s lurking and planning meals using up whatever I find

Have good weekends everyone and stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The weather is wet and windy in my part of the world so I think it's going to be a cosy weekend inside apart from walking the dog. Probably catch up with some tv programs, read a book. I am trying to make a conscious effort not to spend too much time on work related stuff but when the weather is bad I think I might as well catch up with admin etc.

Happy weekend everyone whatever you are doing!

Good luck next week Mouse with being back working.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's so cold and typical dh has worked the last 3 weekends and now hes off the weather feels articles.

Nothing planned for today so just going to sit and do nothing until I get bored
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its absolutely freezing here today with lots of wind and rain !!!

I've done the shopping and a friend popped over and we had a chat outside under umbrellas, wearing thick coats!

I'm planning on finding a film to watch later; DH is even talking about lighting the fire ... in JUNE !!!!

I'm trying to not do any 'work' ... but keep finding myself doing bits & pieces. I think my problem is ... that whilst I don't find myself 'just doing' my accounts or other boring bits of paperwork, I actually really enjoy my job, and it never feels like work!

enjoy the weekend everyone

7. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s been chilly here and wet and windy. My heating turned itself on this morning so it must have been chilly. Painted more of my greenhouse. Then realised I’d need more paint but neither of our DIY shops had the colour. The school runs start next week and I’m feeling rushed now, knowing that I have housework, ironing etc to do and get the house ready for Monday. It’s been so nice not having to be “ready” for the past 10 weeks.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its weird I remember when this started a mooch around the shops was one of the things I missed.

Now I'm in no rush to get in endless queues for a mooch and will happy wait.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hope everyone’s Saturday went well with lot’s of planned relaxation happening.
    A local firm is offering free download’s for local groups re safeguarding against Covid posters, they are for shops but could be useful in other settings too. They are quite cute, though blatantly advertising their brand, but I thought some might be useful:

Herdy Freebies | The Herdy Company

I used to love nothing better than a good browse around shops with a friend, coffee after etc... taking advantage of free beauty makeovers on the way, but not any more. I have no inclination to shop....or really go out anymore.

I am lucky enough now to have four large garden areas and had planned a charity coffee morning, with friends, using my gardens and their tables and chairs to have an open garden cafe. My friends think that it will be able to go ahead when pubs can open in their pub gardens, but I really don’t want to. I have postponed it until next year, but am getting a lot of conversations and questions. I’m using the not wanting anyone to use my toilets line but suggestions are a foot to have a select guest list...I am on the point of saying a very loud No, instead of my patient I am not sure, I am not happy. I don’t really want to. It’s interesting to see those that are very carefree about it all and are already meeting up in every way they can within the rules, so see this as the next step. I just want to stay on lockdown for longer to be absolutely sure. Our dentist has closed for 14 days due to Covid, it is still in the area!

I need to tackle Peter rabbit visiting today, I have become an angry Mr McGregor when I see him and his friends munching my cornflowers. Chicken wire in every nook and cranny is today’s task.

Happy Sunday

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh FloraDora, Peter Rabbit! Can you imagine how exciting children would find all of that! I'm sure the reality is very different though! Any news on when you will see your sons?

I follow quite a few American educational blogs/Instagram and I am constantly shocked at their lack of social distancing in recent photos. Their death rate is still huge.

I have a day of baking ahead of me today - mostly savoury stuff - for DD's packed lunches next week for her return to school tomorrow. They are allowed to wear their own clothes instead of uniform (so that they can wear clean clothes each day) and DD seems to think that that means she can wear her hair down. She said she wont catch nits because she will be two meters away from anyone else! She's got a point, but I would still like her to wear it tied back because I think it is smarter.