Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

Today is one of my minded children’s birthday so I’m off to deliver a card and present. Mum did say I could go into the garden with them but I know there’ll be no chance of distancing from an overexcited 3 year old! I’ll stand at their gate and have a chat. Mindee probably won’t be coming back to me until September so it’ll be lovely to have a little catch up now.

Apart from that I haven’t got much planned. I want to do a bit more tidying in the garden, but that’s about it. DH isn’t working today so we might go for a short drive out, have a walk and grab a drive through coffee on the way back. I have missed my takeaway coffees!

Have good days everyone

Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It’s cloudy and breezy and now a bit sunny. Done my exercise. Got the washing out and the rest of the day I’m painting my new greenhouse ready for DP to help me assemble it this weekend. I can’t believe at 62 I’m so excited to get the smallest green house ever. But it’s mine and I have big plans for it. Have a good day everyone

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I went to do the food shopping. Apparently I'm not allowed to go again as I have missed loads of the list and dd is going back to get the rest
    In my defence it was a supermarket i dont tend to go so i couldn't find anything
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's cold but bright out. The mindees here today don't want to go out! We're playing duplo having done PE with Joe, read stories and had a good sing and dance!

After lunch we're going to watch some zoo animal videos from our local zoo and see where that takes us!

Having been doing some of the Hygge course that was recommended, and hearing (and then remembering ! ) about children needing (from) 45 minutes uninterrupted time to engage in play, I decided that I'm going to try to include that time everyday. I do practice a 'healthy neglect' when children are playing, and only join in when invited, or I think they would benefit from my extending play, but I'm not sure how long they always get to play like this, as sometimes we do have other things to do! I'm always sitting and watching though. ( although I have used the time now to do observations on my phone ( and a quick look on the forum as children engrossed in their activities )

Stay safe everyone, Mouse enjoy seeing your little one.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, are you doing the hygge course or the wanderlust course on the same website? I would love to do the hygge one, but it's too expensive at the moment - would be great if that went on sale, but I doubt it ever will.

We've currently got two lovely guys working in our garden, fixing a brick wall. The puppy is desperate to get out and mingle with them. I can't wait until the wall is fixed - it's such an eyesore. We had booked to have it done as we went into lockdown, but obviously had to postpone it.

I've just listened to a podcast on diversity on the hygge website. The current climate is making me reflect upon whether I am doing enough with regards to diversity. I do have quite a few books and resources ( I know it's not just about having resources - but I am thinking about what else I ought to be doing.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Loocyloo, are you doing the hygge course or the wanderlust course on the same website? I would love to do the hygge one, but it's too expensive at the moment - would be great if that went on sale, but I doubt it ever will.

We've currently got two lovely guys working in our garden, fixing a brick wall. The puppy is desperate to get out and mingle with them. I can't wait until the wall is fixed - it's such an eyesore. We had booked to have it done as we went into lockdown, but obviously had to postpone it.

I've just listened to a podcast on diversity on the hygge website. The current climate is making me reflect upon whether I am doing enough with regards to diversity. I do have quite a few books and resources ( I know it's not just about having resources - but I am thinking about what else I ought to be doing.
    I'm doing the wanderlust course ... can't justify the cost of hygge course either. ... although so far, I'm already doing pretty much all that is suggested in the wanderlust course!

I often think about diversity, but apart from resources/ seeing diversity on TV etc, I don't know what else I can do. I live in a very non diverse area, and there isn't anywhere I could go without a 90 min drive to be somewhere. We do see a variety of people at our local zoo, but that's not everyone's 'normal setting!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 05-06-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo when I lived in London I had so many multi-cultural things that I could do/places to visit etc. Now where I live, not so many! It is on my to do list to try and find local resources that I can tap into. Something else useful that I have just done when thinking about inclusion, was to turn it around and think of 'exclusion'. I thought of times when I have felt excluded (in establishments) and what exactly it was that made me feel excluded and uneasy. In every case, it was more about what people/individuals did or didn't do rather than what 'resources' were in the environment. Give it a go - it's quite thought provoking.

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Loocyloo when I lived in London I had so many multi-cultural things that I could do/places to visit etc. Now where I live, not so many! It is on my to do list to try and find local resources that I can tap into. Something else useful that I have just done when thinking about inclusion, was to turn it around and think of 'exclusion'. I thought of times when I have felt excluded (in establishments) and what exactly it was that made me feel excluded and uneasy. In every case, it was more about what people/individuals did or didn't do rather than what 'resources' were in the environment. Give it a go - it's quite thought provoking.
    Oooo, thanks Maza, that's a really good way of looking at it.

Yes, when I lived in the South I had so many diverse places to visit and people to meet with. Its a lot harder in a rural area.

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s a lot harder in rural areas.not many diverse places here.

14. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post