Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday and panicking that we hadn’t put the bins out last night! I did wake DH up to tell him I hadn’t heard the bin lorry and there was still time for him to put them out. He said yes, there was plenty of time - a whole day
    As I was awake I got up to make us a drink, but then got distracted so by the time I took his tea up to him he was fast asleep. I didn’t feel too guilty about waking him at silly o’clock once I knew he’d managed to nod off again

Did everyone get to see Sewing Bee last night? Matt has been my favourite from the beginning so I did feel bad when he had a bit of a breakdown. I wasn’t so keen on Clare to start with, but she’s growing on me. There are only 3 weeks left now and
    I still think any of them could win it.

Any plans for today? I need to get some paperwork sent out for the little girl who’s starting back next week but that’s about it really.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ooo, I felt so sorry for Matt last night. I'm so pleased he didn't go home. He is one of my favourites, along with Liz ( i just LOVED her cocktail dress ) and Clare, but I do think any of them could win it!

DD has planned a day of social distance meeting up with her friends ... one pair of siblings, with their mum are coming over at lunchtime ... we'll sit in the garden ... in our coats and have our picnics! the sky has blue patches! Then this evening, apparently 2 other friends are coming over, and they are getting takeaway pizza and sitting in the garden! I'm not convinced the weather is agreeable to this evenings meet up, but what do us parents know?! If they do meet, then one of the mums and I are going for a walk ... maybe with a flask of tea each !!!!

I have no other plans! just uploaded/downloaded a pile of new books to my kindle from Prime reading - you can have up to 10 at a time and they are free. ( you can also get magazines ) I have been spending a small fortune on books; although I have been buying them secondhand, it is still more expensive than using the library! DH suggested selling them on again, i might do, but i'm not sure i've got the energy! i usually pass them on to my mum or a charity shop.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon

I must admit I was surprised Matt stayed as Therese cocktail dress was one of the better ones.
    He did well in the power jacket but I beginning not to count the transformation round as that seems at times off making something off the wall but not exactly wearable.

Its getting close now and it seems if you have a bad week you dont seem to survive the next. Peter scraped through then went. Therese scraped through last week and went last night. The only exception seems to be the paramedic whose name I have forgotten.

Nothing really planned just pottering doing little bits of housework.
    Dd2 has a zoom football training session tonight so I guess that's why the weather has changed
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Met with my DD1 and grandson and had a walk in a local country park. Took some plants to a friends house and left them on the doorstep. Wanted to take a parcel to the post office but it wasn’t working. I thought it was lucky there wasn’t a queue! Now it’s tidy up time before DP gets home and thinks I’ve done nothing today....again

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi.....I missed Sewing Bee last night as played scrabble with DS! It has been quite cloudy and showery here today but we have still managed a lot of outdoor play. I am feeling a bit more tired this week, I think its because I am back to having busier days with 3 children most days and the cleaning seems to have increased and general housework etc as not having the time to do it during the day so catching up later after everyone has gone.
    Pixie Dust

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I spent six hours weeding a garden area and clearing moss off a cobbled path today.
    It’s in our wildlife area, but we saw a rat there a month ago so I took all the bird seed in and set traps and left it / them so it really looks like a wild area now ...which I really liked, a bit like a walk in the woods with lots of undergrowth ....but DH wanted it all gone as undergrowth, however pretty it looks, gives cover for rodents.
    So today it went. I had to stop with only a small corner to go due to rain, but I did admit it does look a much bigger area. In my negotiations with DH around who was to clear it he did promise me another bug hotel....so plenty of room for a fancy one now...he will regret not helping me! ( he was busy putting the foundations down for a new greenhouse to be fair).
    Any ideas for a wildlife garden would be gratefully appreciated as I have room to go to town now.....though no budget!

On budget, I have found that we are spending little now:
    *No coffees/ lunch/ dinners / drinks/ ice creams out
    *No entrance fees to anywhere
    * No occasional shopping browsing trips( bookshops are my weakness)
    * No need for new clothes this summer as I won’t see anyone
    * No beddinG plants this year as I have grown everything from seed
    * No road trips to Brighton to see oldest which also usually costs an Airbnb/ hotel Too and petrol and meals out.
    * No trip to Edinburgh to see Foals ( postponed til next year though)
    * No weekly fees for groups I And DH belong to
    * No weekly swimming fees
    * No petrol costs because our car hasn’t been anywhere
    * I’ve made my own birthday cards at a fraction of the cost

On the negative the veg box I have every week costs more than I usually pay in Sainsbury’s, having milk delivered is also a higher cost and we do seem to be reducing our wine racks at a quicker speed than usual!

I’m doing catch up sewing bee and Repair shop tonight-if the rubbish rural internet works! Love both programmes.

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I spent six hours weeding a garden area and clearing moss off a cobbled path today.
    It’s in our wildlife area, but we saw a rat there a month ago so I took all the bird seed in and set traps and left it / them so it really looks like a wild area now ...which I really liked, a bit like a walk in the woods with lots of undergrowth ....but DH wanted it all gone as undergrowth, however pretty it looks, gives cover for rodents.
    So today it went. I had to stop with only a small corner to go due to rain, but I did admit it does look a much bigger area. In my negotiations with DH around who was to clear it he did promise me another bug hotel....so plenty of room for a fancy one now...he will regret not helping me! ( he was busy putting the foundations down for a new greenhouse to be fair).
    Any ideas for a wildlife garden would be gratefully appreciated as I have room to go to town now.....though no budget!s.

Ohhh I saw Charlie Dimmock on garden rescue today make a bug hotel out a cable reel (well I think it was a reel but was talking to my mum) they filled the inside with the hotel put plants on the top and put a water bowl in the middle.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post