Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Good morning everyone.

I don’t know if it’s just me but the days seem to be flying by at the moment. Is it because our days of freedom are numbered and we’ll soon be back at work? Having said that, I can’t see me being up to anywhere near full capacity for some time yet.

No plans for today. I’ve given up with my to-do list now and I’m going with the flow. At the start of lockdown I did have some big jobs I wanted to get done, but it hasn’t happened. I’ve accepted that if they didn’t get done during 2 and a half months of lockdown they’re probably never going to get done

Did everyone manage to watch Sewing Bee last night? I have to say, the one who went was my least favourite from the very first week, so I wasn’t sad to see them go!

Have good days everyone. Enjoy the sunshine and make the most of your remaining work-free days

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone.....the sun is shining, I have just finished my accounts for the last tax year just need to do the last 2 months for the new tax year and I will be all up to date with them which rarely happens with me I always plan to do them regularly then I let things slip. I am planning on sorting all my outdoor resources today and give the decking a clean plus enjoying the sunshine.

Mouse all my early years children plan to be back next week so that's 6 spread out over the week.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s what happens to me,say I’m going to keep up to date with my expenses / accounts, then I end up with a pile of receipts and behind ☹️

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SAME HERE !!!! i loathe doing my accounts !!! still need to finish off 19-20s accounts and i'm vaguely up to date for this year ... mainly because i'me not working as much,and so there is less to keep track off !!!!

I'm pottering around and taking DD to meet a friend ( socially distancing ) later, so i'll go for a walk around said friends village and maybe find a nice bench to sit on in the sun !!!

Yes, I watched sewing bee. I loved matts dress out of laundry bags!

have a good day everyone xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not watched this week's sewing bee yet. The lady who went last week (the paramedic) was my least favourite. I like all the remaining ones.

DH is currently doing the food shop and said the queue outside is the biggest one yet. Currently sitting in the garden listening to the baby birds in our dry stone wall. They get so loud and crazy when mummy bird flies in with some food. She's very attentive and is back and forth all day long.

I want to tidy DD's bedroom today. I could do it quickly, but I really want her to help me. I'm building up the courage to tell her my plans.

Last week it was the dogs 'half birthday' and DD made it a fun day for him. Tomorrow is DD's 'half birthday'. We have never ever marked half birthdays before and don't intend to going forwards, however, because it is lockdown and she is a bit bored/lonely/grumpy with us for not sending her back to school on the 1st etc we have decided to do a surprise birthday breakfast in the garden for her. I'm rather looking forward to it myself as I like having a low key occasion to plan for. DH bought a couple of garden toys last week form Home Bargains, which he would have bought anyway, and we have saved them for tomorrow. I've got to make a quick cake tonight when she's in bed and plan on only presenting one 'half' of it tomorrow.

I'm currently doing an online course called 'Wanderlust', so I'll do some more of that today. It's very easy reading and sweet.

Have a lovely day everyone.

9. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

'm currently doing an online course called 'Wanderlust', so I'll do some more of that today. It's very easy reading and sweet
    I am doing this too is it the Hygge course? I am currently doing the weekly activities as it has given me some ideas to do with the children each week .

We are actually doing our first click and collect with our food shop this week so will see how that goes.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is Pixie dust! I had had my eye on it for a while but it was too expensive - but the current discount is great! Have you done any of her other courses?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I signed up for the Hygge course as well, although I haven't looked at it properly yet.

I'm hoping it'll give me some nice new ideas for when I'm up and running again.

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oooo... that all sounds very interesting ... can anyone share more Hygge details ? xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

loocyloo…

By the way, if this isn't allowed, please delete...

If you google 'hygge in the early years' there is a lovely website run by an eyfs consultant from Yorkshire. She has a blog, free podcasts and then some courses which you have to pay for. Some are triple figures sadly, so not accessible for me personally, but there is one called 'Wanderlust'. I think it is usually £130, but for the next few days it is £5!!! Some of it is stuff you know already, but forget to do. You do get a certificate at the end of it, so good for cpd. Also, as the woods are one of the only safe places we can take our children over the next few months, it is good to get some new ideas and to feel confident that through this we can meet all the learning requirements of young children.

16. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good evening.

I quite liked him who went last night. However that's twice his last garment wasn't what they asked for. However I don't think anyone is safe. I think if Nicole hadn't have produced her garment of the week she was looking at going.

Well we finished decorating my room today. Have a big clean up tomorrow a final bit of decluttering and I have done it sorted and declutter the house.

Mazda hope your dd enjoys her half birthday. Its my dds birthday in 19 days (I wonder how I know that 😂😂😂) she has asked for a trampoline or a tortoise. Oh and a puppy!!!
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lovely, Thank you Maza ... signed up.

I think i may have come across her somewhere on my travels.

20. Likes Maza liked this post