Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

We’ve got another glorious day here. I sat outside to have my coffee and toast, planning the jobs I’d still like to get done in the garden before all the children are back. I remembered I used to have one of those small plastics green houses out there that I used for storage and it was great. I’d unzip it when we went outside and the children could help themselves to whatever they wanted. On one shelf I had beanbags, dancing ribbons musical instruments (sorry neighbours). On another shelf were cars and small world toys. I also had baskets of pebbles, pine cones etc. It worked really well so I’m thinking of doing that again.

What’s everyone got planned for today? I think I’m just going to potter around doing a few little jobs while I wait for the food shop delivery. Then I need to look online for a couple of birthday presents I can have delivered. Nothing too strenuous going on here today!

Have good days all and stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good morning.

another 'day off' for me ... I could get used to this only working a couple of days a week lark! I need to pop out to the post office later and take some money out. I try to support our local post office, as if it is closed, then we will have no banking facilities in our little town, despite there being 3 banks here 9 years ago! my other 'plan' for today is to put together another activity/craft kit for my minded children to deliver at some point over the weekend. I've got an idea, i just need to get it organised!
    I've already done some washing and it's already on the line and i've been wandering around the house wondering what else i can wash

Other than that, it is another day of sitting in the sun and reading my book !!!

enjoy everyone!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 27-05-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH has finished his coffee table and I have to say it looks fantastic and we have used it lots already (it's an outdoor one, so with the weather being so lovely we have spent so much time in the garden). DD has been collecting wild flowers from our garden and popped them in a jam jar on the coffee table, so it looks all rustic. She also made me a super number line - she got a pyrography pen (from Lidl) for Christmas, along with some wooden disks (amazon). She burnt the numbers 1-10 on the disks and then we strung them up on an unused trellis next to the table. Obviously I won't keep them up without children here, but it did start me thinking on little outdoor Christmas decorations that she could make with them.

We also made Yorkshire puddings for the third time yesterday - thank you lockdown.

DH and DD have gone off to visit another wood. Our poor puppy has developed a massive fear of being in the car and so I stay home with him currently if they go out in the car. We're spending a minute or so each day just sitting in the car with him and giving him treats in there. He was fine before lockdown, but now he trembles and I can feel his little heartbeat pounding away.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH and DD have gone off to visit another wood. Our poor puppy has developed a massive fear of being in the car and so I stay home with him currently if they go out in the car. We're spending a minute or so each day just sitting in the car with him and giving him treats in there. He was fine before lockdown, but now he trembles and I can feel his little heartbeat pounding away
    Oh no poor puppy....as I am not working this week I had planned to take our pup out on daily visits to other places to get him used to the car etc yesterday we went to a nearby river just to walk along the river bank but I think it may have been a bit too much as he was on full crazy mode last night just like an over tired toddler We have been very carful not too walk him too much just 20 mins at a time.

Today its another day pottering around the house sorting out things here and there, will probably tidy the outdoor toys later. The weather is not that great here quite cloudy today.

I have been enjoying having the time to experiment a bit with our lunches as we have 'The Pinch of Nom ' recipe book DH was given for Christmas and there are a few recipes in there we have wanted to try out
    Pixie Dust

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon everyone.

Maza one of our dogs used to be car sick everytime she eventually got used to it.

Well today has been painting getting our room finished decorated and decluttered. I have till this weekend to complete my target of sorting this house out. Shame i didnt manage to start work on the garden.

The other thing today is wondering how i managed to live without a shark lift away hoover im not sure how it got to this when a hoover brings me deep joy
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes Pixie dust, Maza, Dragonfly, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The other thing today is wondering how i managed to live without a shark lift away hoover im not sure how it got to this when a hoover brings me deep joy

I love my Shark too........ sad but true
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes Maza, Dragonfly, FussyElmo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of hoovers - how often do you hoover generally?

My new house needs to be constantly vacuumed/swept. It's a combination of having patio doors (which were my dream) which are constantly open, a puppy who sneaks sticks/leaves inside and then tears them to shreds, white kitchen/diner/hallway floor tiles which show every speck of dust... My little flat was so much easier to keep clean.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I brought a Dyson 10 recently, it was a toss up between that and a shark.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Speaking of hoovers - how often do you hoover generally?

My new house needs to be constantly vacuumed/swept. It's a combination of having patio doors (which were my dream) which are constantly open, a puppy who sneaks sticks/leaves inside and then tears them to shreds, white kitchen/diner/hallway floor tiles which show every speck of dust... My little flat was so much easier to keep clean.
    A minimum of twice a day and thats on a good day.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The children come back next week and I’ve lost my enthusiasm to get things finished before they arrive. I tried planting some of the flowers I’ve grown but the ground was so hard I could dig holes to put them in so that’s now tomorrow’s job. I’ve produced a reopening policy to give to parents. And I want to make up bags of pens, pencils and bits for the children so they don’t need to share. But the weather is so nice at the
    Moment I just want to enjoy being free x

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice idea Sylvia,but I think I’ll just have a certain amount out and wipe them after use.