Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

Did everyone have a good Bank Holiday weekend?

We had a family BBQ yesterday. Well, 3 BBQs at different houses all connected on Zoom! It was different but fun. We were all totally confused on whether or not we were allowed to get together yet, so that seemed the safest thing to do. Plus we all did our own washing up and tidying away rather than it being left to one household

Today I’m getting on with some more sorting out. I’m not opening again until 8th June at the earliest but I want toys and resources ready in plenty of time. I’ll only have one toddler here to start with so I’m only going to get out the toys she’ll need. I won’t get everything else out until I’ve got more children coming back. I’m going to get a box of resources that I can get out and pack away each day. It’s been so nice having a clutter free house for the last couple of months and I want it to stay that way for as long as possible

Have good days everyone

2. Likes Dragonfly, Maza liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning mouse. I’m opening Monday think 3 or 4 children over four days . Not everyone’s confirmed they are coming back now but have had two say September. Still a bit miffed what they can touch, play with, what activities we can/ can’t do ! I’m sure if we do plenty of handwashing most things will be okay.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning all.

We're outside in the sand and water as usual! 3yr old has just discovered that if he fills sandpit with water ... the sand is very soggy and won't do what he wants!!!! Hopefully the sun will come out later and dry it up a bit!

It's warm but overcast today.

Hopefully Mouse, your LO will be so pleased to be back, she'll be happy with a small selection of toys. My 3yr old (above) is getting a bit bored now, even though I've been rotating toys ... he doesn't want anything out! I get it out ... he puts it away! ( I've even suggested getting out some of the schoolies toys ... marble run, Knex, little Lego, Hama beads and he's not fussed.. usually loves them ) ... but it's been 10 weeks ... and for the past 6, just him, me and his baby brother! He's usually a happy soul and potters around, but I think we've both got cabin fever today and missing the other children.

Have fun every one. Stay safe

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mouse i know what you mean about a clutter free house.

I am really looking forward to having children back but not the paraphernalia that goes with it.

So today i broke my hoover twice. The second time its not recovered from. In my defence i dont wear rugby/football boots so its not my random stud that was on the floor.

But on the flip slip to this it means i get a new shiny shark hoover. Silver lining dh had better been joking its an early birthday present though. Hes not that silly
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

6. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Today we have been busy painting the playroom today as it was in desperate need of a freshen up and then I have been decluttering resources again! I have already done this once when lockdown started but being a bit more ruthless while I am off this week but the only trouble is is finding somewhere to put it all

Trying to balance my week off with work stuff and a bit of me time too
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    the only trouble is is finding somewhere to put it all

I'm really hoping charity shops will be able to open again soon. I've got a carboot full of stuff to drop off!

10. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I'm really hoping charity shops will be able to open again soon. I've got a carboot full of stuff to drop off!
    I've just read that charity shops are going to be among the shops that can open from 15th june ! ... we have 2, but I suspect both are going to be overwhelmed with donations!

Even though i don't NEED any resources, I can't wait!!! ... it's always worth a look and you never know what you might see, and there are a couple of things i have my eye out for! Sadly my friend who used to run one of our local shops, and would keep things for me, has moved on, and I don't yet know the new manager!

I need to drop off a load of books !!!! I usually spend a couple of months, before i go on holiday, buying books from charity shops to take away with me, and then i leave them behind in book swaps/etc. I was due to go away in early April, so i had already bought a big pile, which i have now read! I've bought a few second hand books from ebay/amazon but i am now mainly reading on my kindle. i just can't wait for the library to reopen.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I've just read that charity shops are going to be among the shops that can open from 15th june ! ... we have 2, but I suspect both are going to be overwhelmed with donations!
    As I loaded more bits into the carboot today I was saying to DH that charity shops will be swamped as soon as they can open!

I read that for shops any returns will have to be left for 72 hours before they go back out for sale. I wonder if that will be the same for charity shops. Will they have to leave donations for 72 hours before they put them out for sale?

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my last week and I’m having it all to myself. Planting out the plants I’ve grown, reading my kindle and going for nice walks. I know I’ve already had weeks of this but it feels like the end if a long relaxing holiday. Bumped into one family I work with today and had a long chat with mum. Both parents have had covid but she’s fine now but the dad is slowly recovering. Out of 12 On my books only 4 are coming back straight away but at least that will break me in gently

14. Likes Maza liked this post