Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

Good morning everyone!

It feels cooler today and my heat headache has gone, which is a relief.

Today I’m going to gather my paperwork together and start to get it all ready for when I reopen. I don’t think I need to update much but it’ll be a good time to go through everything and make sure it’s all in order. I know I’ve got several training certificates tucked away in various drawers and cupboards, so they all need finding and putting in my folder. And one of my minded children won’t be coming back so I need to file their paperwork away. I’m looking forward to welcoming some of the children back, though I’m secretly very pleased that the early starter won’t be back just yet

Have good days everyone and, whatever you’re doing, stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning I have just the one today then I am off next week for my second staycation of lockdown so today I am going to try and get my playroom all ready for a fresh coat of paint next week. I need to email all my parents about the updated procedures for when they return then hopefully I can enjoy next before all the chaos begins as all mine are returning on the 1st (apart from schoolies as have said no to them for now and to be honest nobody really needed me) I can honestly say its been lovely having less children it's been a lot more relaxed and I haven't missed the school runs. It has made me evaluate how I want to work in the future.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes Dragonfly, loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, over the next few days I’m going to get my new procedures in place and written ( thanks to the kind help of you lovely people).
    The weather has cooled here too I’m not very good in hot weather. 70 f is my limit!

Just one thing. I usually use hand towels which is changed everyday sometimes 3-4/times a day depending on if I think It needs too ( approx 3 children).
    Do you think I should use kitchen towel now— paper towel, as the amount of times they wash their hands flannels aren’t going to work.And individual towels wouldn’t work because as soon as you weren’t watching children dry there hands on any nearby towel don’t they? Realistically.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning.

Its fresher here today so is needed.

Im sorting out the stuff under our bed on top of the wardrobe in the cubey hole so it can go in the loft. Dh insists on keeping every cardboard box incase the item has to come back but they end up stuck in the loft. So hes emptied half the loft out now i have room to put my junk

Once its not black Friday queues at the tip we will sort out all the stuff in the loft and be ruthless
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

morning ... lots of rain early this morning, but the sun is on her way now!

It was so muggy last night, i couldn't sleep. Mindees and I have just done PE with Joe... I'm exhausted and am having a sit down, whilst they carry on jumping round like frogs! ( Joe was dressed as frog for fancy dress friday! ) ... think i've found my focus for the day !!!!

Dragonfly ... I moved to individual flannels for drying hands ( i have ALOT ) but I only have 2 children at the moment. I used to use a hand towel and change every day ( and like you, more often if needed! ) IF they've washed their hands, then the hand towel should be 'germ free' and fine to share! ... having thought about it, I might go back to using a hand towel and just changing it 3/4 times a day. ( in the past I tried individual names towels ... as you say ... doesn't work! )

I'm just reading through a few printed out Risk Assessments to work out WHAT is relevant and i can/should put on mine!

Have fun everyone today xxx

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo you have just made up my mind for me. Rather than kitchen towel ( and risk the loo being blocked again, that’s what happened last time I tried the paper towel thing, had more children and some forgot to bin rather than flush!) I’m going to continue changing the towel throughout the day.Thank you

Have a good day everyone.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just one thing. I usually use hand towels which is changed everyday sometimes 3-4/times a day depending on if I think It needs too ( approx 3 children).
    Do you think I should use kitchen towel now— paper towel, as the amount of times they wash their hands flannels aren’t going to work.And individual towels wouldn’t work because as soon as you weren’t watching children dry there hands on any nearby towel don’t they? Realistically.

I have a basket of flannels used as individual towels which works well and on the rare occasion they do run out I then use a hand towel.When I have used paper towels before they don't seem to grasp the concept of 'one paper towel' and used to go through so much of it and its not very eco friendly either.
    Pixie Dust

13. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Think the flannel idea is very good but say you have 3 children . You wash hands first thing, then again before a snack, then again after garden play/ activity/ then say another 2-3 times . That’s about 15-18 flannels in one day! I wouldn’t have enough flannels for 4 days !

Hence they suggest hand cream for the children as with all the washing hands and then there’s sanitizer too which dries out all our hands.

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well its taken all day with a stop for more storage boxes but i have decluttered my bedroom. I have no resources stuck u der my bed on top of my wardrobe etc i have put them in my bedroom cupboard so i can get to them easily.

There is 6 boxes for the loft and lots of black bags even dh has admitted we need a skip
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

17. Likes Dragonfly, Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We did our loft. Fill up of stuff of Dp’s and DD2’s graduation lingerie stuff. We filled 2 skips, it did have stuff from garage and shed. Felt so much better knowing the house had been decluttered

19. Likes Dragonfly liked this post