Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Good morning! Are you expecting good weather where you are? DH tells me today is due to be the hottest day of the year so far so I’ll flit between sunning myself outside and cooling down inside, in front of the fan. I don’t cope well with excessive heat. It makes me feel uncomfortable which in turn makes me grumpy! I’d love to be a sun worshipper but I always prefer a cooler spring day to a scorching hot summer’s day. The freezer is well stocked with ice lollies though, so I can munch my way through a box of Fabs if it all gets too much for me

This morning I’ve already been out and watered my plants. You might remember a couple of weeks back I said I had a new raised veg planter. I struggled to get compost for a while but once I got some I planted various seeds. It’s exciting to see some starting to grow through, but it’s made me realise I should have made a note of what I planted where! I’m looking forward to having a surprise vegetable bed

Have good days everyone. Enjoy the sunshine and stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo, Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good morning!

Dh has taken the day off and wants to 'DO SOMETHING' ... so i think we'll go for a walk later this morning. and then sit around garden in the sun! It's not as if we can actually go anywhere and do anything!

i LOVE the sun,makes me very happy, but not very motivated! A friend i spoke to yesterday said she thinks all this lovely weather is a result of there being less planes in the sky and less cars on the road ... I can see why she thinks that, but am not convinced. I love her dearly, but she is an old hippy at heart!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we made our second ever batch of Yorkshire puddings yesterday! DH and DD agree with you lot - that you can't beat homemade Yorkshire puddings. I guess I agree. The only problem I have is that we now only have one oven and my meat always needs cooking on a lower heat to my Yorkshire puddings. What do you all do if you only have the one oven?

I'm not a sun lover at all - apart from when I have a beach holiday abroad. DH is still working on the coffee table that he is making from the pallet. He's currently varnishing it, so I doubt he will be available for anything else today. It's his first woodwork project and he is driving me mad. He keeps squealing "come and look at this bit", "Come and check this out", "Come and feel how smooth this bit is now that I've sanded it"...

We have to let school know by 3pm today whether or not we are sending our children in on 1st June. I would, but DH is really leaning towards not sending her - mostly because he has asthma. When it comes to DD I normally have the final say, but I don't think I can this time given the circumstances. He doesn't think there is much point from an education point of view, but it's not really about that for me, it's about her being with people her own age.

Mouse, you must keep updating us on the seeds! Loocyloo, enjoy your day with DH!

Have a lovely day everyone.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

glad the yorkies were good Maza ... when i had a 'normal' oven ... i used to cook the meat first, then when cooked, take it out to rest and turn heat up in oven and cook yorkies. OR ... cook them first, and then reheat at the last minute!

Its been a HOT day !!! had a nice walk and have just lazed around reading and and drinking & eating!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a perfect day loocyloo. DH and I also went for lovely walk this morning before it got too hot. I have spent a while in the garden today planning how to make it childminding friendly.

We have decided not to send DD to school on 1st June. I'm a bit sad about it but I think it's one of those situations where both parents need to be on board, and DH just couldn't see an upside of sending her.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite a few parents here are not sending them back either. Suppose it might make it a little easier for the teachers. I’m asking parents about returning to me but they don’t seem to be bothered about that either.

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good evening.

Its been a glorious day.

Me and dd2 went for a walk to the local nature reserve. Lots of people about but everyone was trying to be respectful apart from the toddlers

Just getting ready to watch the sewing bee
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door