Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

Good morning everyone! Is the sun shining where you are? We really have been very lucky with the weather while we’ve been in lockdown but what’s the betting we start to open up again next month and the endless rain starts? All our plans to spend most of the day outside will end up a soggy mess

Today I’m heading back into the garden to begin making it child friendly again. We have a separate area for the children, but we’ve taken that over during the last few weeks with the bbq, outdoor heater and the sons’ exercise equipment. I need to reclaim the area and hose down the toys so it at least looks as if I’m ready to work!

Last night was family quiz night again. While it’s been lovely seeing everyone on Zoom, DH and I were saying how it’ll be lovely when we can get everyone back together again. We’ll start with a big family bbq - assuming it doesn’t rain

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning.

DH is happy because he has been let off jury service. It was supposed to be in June and he got a letter the other day saying it would still be going ahead. He wrote back to them, explaining that he has asthma. They didn't even question him or ask him to prove it, so that's a relief.

Yesterday when I was walking the puppy I took him to see some horses and cows in a local field. I picked him up at the gate so that he could see them and was chatting away to him about them. I realised that I really miss toddlers and pre-schoolers! Today I'm taking him to see some sheep I'll stop short of planning a follow up craft for him.

It does seem like the government is absolutely set on reopening schools soon. I'm starting to not like the tone of some of the ministers with how they are talking about Headteachers, school staff and union leaders. I saw Michael Gove on something yesterday and he really annoyed me. Michael Wilshaw made me really cross too this morning. As for the "stop squabbling" comment...

Anyway, DH is taking DD off for a big walk in wood which we have to drive to shortly. I will stay with Cookie, as it's too much for him at the moment. Guess I'll cook and clean. And browse the internet for hours.

Have a lovely day everyone. x

4. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning all ..

LOL ... I did laugh at you talking to Cookie about the cows and horses and sheep Maza ... Dh and I went for a walk yesterday ... I merrily pointed out tractors and different plants and things! Luckily he is used to it and just nods and says yes.

I never particularly liked Micheal Gove or Willshaw, and they haven't improved! I'm just waiting for Liz Truss to stick her nose in!

Have fun sorting your garden out Mouse. Mine seems to have alot of plastic in it ... it never used to when my children were little, but now it does! I'm thinking about a wooden table and chairs/stools for the children outside instead of the little plastic ones ... but can't find any! They all seem to be picnic benches and i don't want one of those. Maybe I'll have to add it to the list of things DS can make me!

And yes, I expect June to be a wash out!

not doing much today ... but am going to try to not spend hours doing nothing on the internet !!!! maybe I'll make a courgette cake - when i find a recipe - on the internet what did we do before it existed???!!!

take care everyone

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you both, the attitude of some government ministers is really starting to annoy me now. Their whole vibe seems to have gone from "we're all in this together" to "we know best so do as you're told...or else". I do feel they're starting to bully people into doing things they're not comfortable with yet.
    I read yesterday that public confidence in the PM's handling of the whole thing has plummeted and I can see why.

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely sunny day here today too so we have had lots of fun out in the garden. Not much else happening really!
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

well ..... I couldn't stay away too long !!!

but I'm here to share an easy cake recipe A summer favourite using courgettes. Chocolate cake with a difference.

Oh my goodness ... it is amazing! really light and oh so moreish! I may have to make another one !!!
    ( i didn't put any choc chips in middle, just a few on the top, and i only used lidl own dark choc, not 70% stuff ) I baked it in a 22cm square tin

I've now found some fabric and elastic, i've watched innumerable youtube videos on making facemasks, i think i've got a pattern sussed ... so i'm going to have a go !!!

x

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

A local person here has been making brilliant face masks out of cotton material think it’s double thickness not flimsy and only asking for a donation which is towards a good course.going like mad, sign today said sold out until tomorrow. Each one is in its own plastic bag. I made a good donation and got some but haven’t worn a mask yet!.

Where do you all wear a face mask?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK .... it took an hour or so .... BUT I've made a double thickness mask ...

It was quite easy, but a bit faffy getting the elastic in ... elastic is a bit too loose and i'm not sure how to tighten it, as all sewn up inside !!!! Wondering about putting fabric ties on the next one. oooh, just had a thought ... i remember reading a 'thing' about people using a paperclip to hold the elastics at the back of the head ... that works ... but makes the elastic tight ... but would be ok

No idea when i'll wear it ... possibly to go shopping? i don't know! i guess i've made it a bit because i have time and we might have to have them at some point.

14. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have parents asking me if they should send their children back to school. What do I know that they don’t??
    Lovely sunny day here again. Doing some gardening again just so I can be outside really.
    I have a small supply of masks. I got them mainly so if I have to start school runs and the powers that be suddenly say we have to wear one, I’ll be ready. I do take one with me if I go to the shop. If most people are wearing one I would wear mine, mainly to avoid the dirty looks from others 😂😂
    I can always wear them when I have to change smelly nappies. Might impress Ofsted if used along side gloves!!

16. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you all wear a face mask?
    I have a cotton one just incase we have to start wearing them in shops etc, at the moment I think it's advised but not mandatory. When I did our weekly food shop Friday I only saw one person wearing a mask.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just have this strange feeling that we will end up having to wear facemasks. Their advice/knowledge is constantly evolving. They have decided to add the loss of taste/smell to the list of official symptoms after all this time - and, do you remember at the beginning of all this when we were tapping elbows or feet instead of shaking hands? We wouldn't dare do that now.

DD's school has just emailed a list of the measures they will be taking for the children from 1st June. They don't have to wear uniform because they have to have different clothes on each day - and a 'clean coat'. Our LA has recommended class sizes of 10 rather than 15, and so that is what they are aiming for. Year 6 have to take a packed lunch in a disposable bag and they are not allowed to take in pens/pencils from home. They said that, depending on numbers, they might do a rota where the children attend every other week instead of every week. I still change my mind every 5 minutes on whether or not DD should go back.

Loocyloo, your cake sounds delicious. I was just wondering this morning what else I could do with courgettes. DD doesn't like them, except in fajitas, or savoury muffins.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good evening everyone

Maza you did make me laugh with your chat with cookie.

Loocyloo ooh a courgette cake im making a guiness cake tomorrow.

Our primary school are insisting that children attend full time in classes of 15.

Im watching the Chelsea flower school it's sad to think it wont be on this year
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I just have this strange feeling that we will end up having to wear facemasks. Their advice/knowledge is constantly evolving. They have decided to add the loss of taste/smell to the list of official symptoms after all this time - and, do you remember at the beginning of all this when we were tapping elbows or feet instead of shaking hands? We wouldn't dare do that now.

DD's school has just emailed a list of the measures they will be taking for the children from 1st June. They don't have to wear uniform because they have to have different clothes on each day - and a 'clean coat'. Our LA has recommended class sizes of 10 rather than 15, and so that is what they are aiming for. Year 6 have to take a packed lunch in a disposable bag and they are not allowed to take in pens/pencils from home. They said that, depending on numbers, they might do a rota where the children attend every other week instead of every week. I still change my mind every 5 minutes on whether or not DD should go back.

Loocyloo, your cake sounds delicious. I was just wondering this morning what else I could do with courgettes. DD doesn't like them, except in fajitas, or savoury muffins.
    you can't taste the courgette at all ( and only see it where it isn't mixed thoroughly )

I too have a feeling that we'll have to wear masks. I've just found this on youtube DIY Face Mask | NO SEW | Upcycled Tshirt | 5 Minutes - YouTube ... looks good and easy and simple! i'm going to have a go maybe tomorrow or wednesday making one like this ( i have ALOT of tshirts! ) and i might put a few stitches in, so it can be washed and used without falling apart.

sounds interesting about your school Maza, one of our local schools is only going to have reception/yr 1 in, and will be keeping them seperate to any keyworker children from other years that are in.

Fussy, i'm missing Chelsea too. I'd never watched it or been interested until i was on maternity leave having had DS ... i was glued to it, and have loved it every since! I thought about going once or twice, but i don't really like lots of people, so thought i'd be better off ( and probably see more/better ) watching on tv!

night all x