Good Morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Morning Friday

The sun is shining and it's nearly the weekend. That sounds like a good day to me

I haven't got anything in particular planned for today. I'll just keep plodding through my jobs, wondering how I've managed to achieve so little in 8 weeks

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!
    Apart from pe with Joe, we've don't nothing except play outside ... which actually means loads of sand and water investigation, climbing and running, role play, counting, sorting and lots of chat! 11mth old has had a whale of a time filling and emptying metal colanders with stones and fircones and plastic dinosaurs!

Have fun everyone xx

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning!

Neither sunny nor cold here.

I think we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves by reflecting upon this time and thinking we didn't achieve as much as we should have done. It has been wonderful to have time to slow down for once in our lives.

DH did the shopping this morning and managed to get plain flour, so we're all sorted - all the gaps that we had at the start of lockdown are now filled.

We found out yesterday that a little girl from our other local primary school (not my DD's) has tested positive for covid 19. She has been at school since its closure and so the school has now had to completely shut down while everyone who was in contact with her isolates. I know we all have to assume that it is in our local community, but this is the first case we have actually heard about locally. It did make us wonder whether it was indeed the right thing to send DD back to school on 1st June.

For some reason we are behind on our home schooling this week. DD did two days of maths work this morning, but she still has today's maths to do. She also has to write two diary entries pretending that she is a child living off rations in WW2.

I stupidly managed to wash a pair of red shorts with a lights wash and they have run all over DD's new leggings that she got last week. She doesn't know yet. So cross with myself.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon.....We took Oscar to the vets today for his vaccinations so now we can start going out for walks which will be fun, we have been walking in the garden just to get him used to wearing a collar/lead, sometimes he is happy other times he just sits and refuses to move so we will see how the big wide world goes with all it's distractions. There were definitely more cars and people about today which was a bit worrying as it seems people are doing what they want now
    I have decided I am going to do the weekly shop this evening as hopefully it will be a lot quieter than tomorrow and they seemed to have most stuff in now apart from flour so fingers crossed we can get some plain flour this week as only have a minuscule amount left no flour =no Yorkshire puddings!
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pixie ... do you have cornflour? There is a recipe online for gluten free Yorkshire puddings that uses 6 eggs whisked into 200g cornflour, then whisk in 300ml milk ... they are amazing! I first made them when a gluten free friend came for lunch ... they are so light and easy, that's pretty much the only recipe I use now!

8. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Pixie dust we made our own Yorkshire puddings for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was fun, but I have to say, I'm happy to stick with shop bought. I always have a stash in the freezer and they are so convenient. I usually prefer everything homemade, but Yorkshire puds is one thing I can't really tell much difference with. I'm in awe of those of you who make your own regularly! DH went to both Sainsbury's and Lidl today - one had plain flour but no self raising and the other shop had self raising but no plain, so hopefully you will be lucky. Enjoy your puppy walks!

Loocyloo, I've just read your post about Yorkshire puds with cornflour. I feel so ashamed of myself.

I think the right person left sewing bee this week. DD was joking that they could have underwear week - and lo and behold, next week is lingerie week! She thinks it's hilarious and unbelievable that people would wear only underwear on tv! I remember when we were her age and we used to giggle at the underwear pages in the Kays catalogue and then close it quickly if an adult walked past.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Pixie ... do you have cornflour? There is a recipe online for gluten free Yorkshire puddings that uses 6 eggs whisked into 200g cornflour, then whisk in 300ml milk ... they are amazing! I first made them when a gluten free friend came for lunch ... they are so light and easy, that's pretty much the only recipe I use now!
    Ohhh thank you yes we have cornflour (ready for gloop which we haven't done for ages)

Maza. .....shop bought Yorkshires are a criminal offence in our house homemade or not at all we normally have spares in the freezer as we always make a few extras and freeze them but we have used them all up now.
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pixie ... you have left over Yorkshire puds? !!!

If we have any left, DD likes them with syrup! She's also been known to make mini crumbles in them !!! Can't say I'm convinced by anything other than gravy myself!

13. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good evening everyone.

My children whinge if they dont get homemade yorkie puds spolit they are.

I went for a walk today by myself it so nice to sit on a bench and watch life go by. But in fairness there wasnt many people about.

I had a message from one of my mindees mum shes making a covid 19 memory book and she was asked what she missed most i was top of the list. Gave me a lovely warm feeling.

Its ds2 football presentation tonight. We all are watching a video and then theres talk of a house party on the app.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Fussy! That's the ultimate compliment for you from your mindee! Well done you. I don't know why, but the other day I was thinking about your lovely baking/cookery club that you did a couple of years back - the one with the lovely sausage rolls and chutney if I remember correctly. Such lucky mindees.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Still do the cookery club.

The mindee mentioned above keeps telling her mum thst she doesnt bake right as its not the way i do it

She is a little character and i do miss her but hopefully back on june 1st x
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to make them gluten free Yorkshire’s all the time, but I haven’t made them for ages now.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We moved and inherited an AGA ...we still haven’t managed perfect Yorkshire’s despite a gift from oldest son of a Mary Berry AGA cookbook. Not having a window in the oven to look through is so tricky.

I personally wouldn’t plan to send your dear children back to school unless the science is definitely saying it is safe, the unions met today and were not convinced , neither was the British Medical Centre.
    Liverpool have said they are not opening on June 1st , the earliest will be the 15th. ....that will hopefully influence others.

Very cold up here still.
    Spent the afternoon sorting wires in drawers.407A8993-2E50-4F74-834F-494950668511.jpgB8E7C622-419E-4907-9CF9-1A4FD7183A03.jpg

21. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Pixie ... you have left over Yorkshire puds? !!!

If we have any left, DD likes them with syrup! She's also been known to make mini crumbles in them !!! Can't say I'm convinced by anything other than gravy myself!
    Sometimes there are only the two of us home so we make more than we need! DH loves them with ice-cream too

I did manage to get some plain flour at Tescos last night .....
    Last edited by Pixie dust; 16-05-2020 at 10:35 AM.
    Pixie Dust

23. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    We moved and inherited an AGA ...we still haven’t managed perfect Yorkshire’s despite a gift from oldest son of a Mary Berry AGA cookbook. Not having a window in the oven to look through is so tricky.

I personally wouldn’t plan to send your dear children back to school unless the science is definitely saying it is safe, the unions met today and were not convinced , neither was the British Medical Centre.
    Liverpool have said they are not opening on June 1st , the earliest will be the 15th. ....that will hopefully influence others.

Very cold up here still.
    Spent the afternoon sorting wires in drawers.407A8993-2E50-4F74-834F-494950668511.jpgB8E7C622-419E-4907-9CF9-1A4FD7183A03.jpg
    Flora .... I inherited an aga when we moved too! ( Steep learning curve! ) The trick i have found is to make them first, when the AGA is hottest and hasn't been used for anything else and then cool/put to one side, and then pop them in the AGA to heat up when you need them!

I've got the Mary Berry AGA book too ... I find it quite useful, but have over the years got more used to the vagaries of AGA cooking! ( BUT our most favorite thing of all ... a 'fried' egg without frying ... put a piece of Lakelands Magic non stick liner on the simmering plate ... crack an egg onto it and put lid down .. in a minute or two ... perfect non fried, fried egg! we eat SOOOO many more eggs than we ever used to! sometimes i cook them until yolk is almost cooked and then mash it for egg mayo! ) I can't say, that if i moved house i'd have an aga again, but i've got used to having it!

25. Likes FloraDora liked this post