Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

So, who’s getting ready to open up again on 1st June and who’s going to stay shut for a little while longer?

On social media there seems to be so much fear about opening up again, which is understandable. I’m quite relaxed about it...at least for now! I think it helps that quite a few of you on here have still been open for keyworker children and have shown that it’s ok to have children in your home. Whatever everyone decides to do, they need to remember that this is their own business and they are in control of when they open. No one should feel pressured into working again if they don’t feel ready to

As I’m now looking at the prospect of having children back here in less than 3 weeks, I need to have a serious look at my to-do list and prioritise the jobs! I knew I’d never get them all done, but I would like to think I’d achieved something during lockdown

Have good days and stay safe

2. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning!

So, several new things to begin thinking about now all of a sudden! DD is in Year 6 and I was accepting of the fact that she would go back to school on June 1st. DH said today that he doesn't think he wants her to go back because of his asthma. We have been so good and vigilant - will this undo our good work? Who knows. I guess we don't have to decide just yet.

DH got an email yesterday saying that his jury service would still go ahead in June. He has written to them to say he is uncomfortable doing it because of his asthma. No idea how they will respond. He wouldn't mind doing it under normal circumstances.

My mind has turned to getting this house ready to restart my childminding business. When I had my 'no children on roll inspection' before Christmas, the inspector said that I needed to make our internal folding doors safer, as they are a real hazard for trapped fingers with little ones. I'm really trying to find a solution that doesn't look too industrial/obtrusive. I'm struggling!

Also, really wishing we had trained the puppy to wee in just one part of the garden. He was house trained really quickly, but I just didn't foresee the problem of unsightly brown patches all over the lawn. I'm getting a headache just thinking about retraining him.

Have a nice day everyone. x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon all.

I think lockdown has been getting to mindees and myself ... we've been practicing balancing objects on our heads .. favourite is DSs empty pot noodle pots! ... even 11mth old has been trying ... and we were all crying with laughter!

I think that opening up for us is easier because a) some of us have never really stopped and b) it's small numbers and on the whole we already know the families and it feels safer than school or big settings. Although a friend was saying .. so .. we can invite totally unrelated children into our houses, but not your mum who lives round the corner, which I do understand. However ... we have no family anywhere close, so don't have that particular dilemma.

Maza ... are you going to keep doors open or shut? I've got foam door guards on the top of my doors to stop them shutting on little fingers.

X

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, the doors would be open mostly, although I would like the option of closing them at certain times, eg when a little one is sleeping. They are not conventional doors though, which is the problem. They are kind of bi-fold doors, so when they are open, they are double the thickness of a regular door - so a regular door guard wouldn't fit on them I don't think. Do you mean the ones shaped like a horse shoe loocyloo?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon.

Im looking forward to reopening but as of yet i think only one family needs me but i have missed my little partner in crime.

Dh works as a carer so we have been quite vigilant over hygiene etc but in the flip side my la hasnt been hit badly by covid. I think the death toll is about 100. Which although sad isnt massive.

I do love ofsteds comment on childcare registration that we should keep other members of the household into the childcare space. Im hoping they mean the mindees family members not sure mine will accept being locked upstairs or going on a very long walk. But i guess they could take on marathon running
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Though im glad at my children are secondary as i dont have to make this decision as of yet.

Though ds1 returns to work next week im hoping the company has put in sufficient social distancing. We have got him a mask for public transport
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Loocyloo, the doors would be open mostly, although I would like the option of closing them at certain times, eg when a little one is sleeping. They are not conventional doors though, which is the problem. They are kind of bi-fold doors, so when they are open, they are double the thickness of a regular door - so a regular door guard wouldn't fit on them I don't think. Do you mean the ones shaped like a horse shoe loocyloo?
    Yes ... a thick foam horseshoe .. can't remember where I got it, but I think they had different thicknesses for different doors.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My family are generally out when I'm working so that's fine, but currently DD and DS are home ... DS sleeps till mid afternoon and we usually see him around 4ish when he gets some breakfast and disappears back to his room. DD is working in her room ... appears at some point mid morning for a snack and then sometimes at lunchtime ... usually mindees are asleep at this time.
    I can't expect them to not come in the kitchen or go outside when I'm working.