Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

Welcome to week eleventy-twelve of lockdown.

This is the week we can start applying for our self employed grant. Doesn’t it seem a long time ago that we were told what we would be able to claim for? How many of us grumbled at how long we were having to wait, then all of a sudden it’s here. The weeks have just flown by! I can claim from Thursday so hopefully any initial glitches will have been fixed by then

Hopefully today we’ll get more clarification on the plans for easing lockdown. I know last night’s announcement was a bit vague, but that seems to be how it’s done - give an overview in the televised broadcast then publish more in-depth guidance afterwards. Last night my Facebook newsfeed was full of concern about sending children back to school, so I do think there will need to be a lot of clarification on that point.

I have to admit I had a little wobble over it all last night. I’ve been happy enough in my own little bubble, plodding along at home with the family, waiting for it to be safe to get back to some degree of normal. Then last night it hit me that this isn’t going away and we’re not going to get to a point where it’s safe to go out again. We’re just waiting to be told it’s safe enough...and that’s not quite the same. I don’t want to get it so I know I won’t feel at ease until they come up with a vaccine.

Anyway, has anyone got any nice plans for this week? The weather doesn’t seem as good as it has been so I’ll be looking for jobs to do indoors. There are still plenty on my to-do list

2. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning ...it's another 'normal' working week for me with my 2 key worker children, one has already been dropped off and the parent spent 10 minutes at the door ranting about last night's speech! It's very windy here today so we will see how our day goes.

Our only plan this week will pup's vaccinations Friday which will probably be a surreal experience as they are coming out to the car parked in the car park to collect him, then take him inside do what they have to do then return him to the car !

I haven't actually checked about the self employment grant yet it was on my list for the weekend but suddenly it's Monday morning again and I haven't done it.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning.

I have what I think it plantar fasciitis. It's getting worse and is getting me down a bit. I know in normal times I would have seen a doctor by now, but I just don't know if they would see me for something like that at the moment. I might give them a call later today and see what the receptionist says.

Mixed feelings about some children going back to school. DD is in Year 6 and didn't want to go back as she has been of the opinion that she wouldn't go back until secondary school, and so it's difficult for her to get her head around it. She also said last night that she is worried that she could pass it on to DH who has asthma. That's the first time she has expressed any worry about the whole situation. Like you said Mouse, it's been comforting living in our own protective bubble recently. However, on the news this morning they were interviewing lots of children and they were all excited about the possibility of getting back to school. I found that really heart warming and it made me really proud of all our schools.

No exciting plans for the week Stay alert everyone! x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust that's interesting to hear about how the vets are doing the immunisations. I don't think that the vets/vetinary nurses and staff have had any recognition for carrying on working throughout all of this. Does your pup sleep through the night yet?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Pixie dust that's interesting to hear about how the vets are doing the immunisations. I don't think that the vets/vetinary nurses and staff have had any recognition for carrying on working throughout all of this. Does your pup sleep through the night yet?

Maza. Yes we are very lucky that he goes to bed at 10pm then I get up at 6am and let him out, we don't hear a sound from him all night and no accidents in his crate. We never used a crate with our previous dog as I have mixed feelings about them but it seems to be working well.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning. I’m walking and doing pilates each day as I have been. I’ve finished my to do list so I’m not sure how I’ll be this week. This is the first time I don’t really have things to get on with but I’m sure I’ll find something. I had a really lazy day yesterday but felt very fidgety as I’ve been busy most days. My key workers children still have come as the parents can still work at home. Have a good day everyone

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie I also had mixed feelings about a crate, but I quickly realised it was for his own safety too. One day, Cookie got his head stuck under the sofa and DH had to lift up the sofa while I pulled him out. I would hate to think that that, or something similar, could have happened in the night without us knowing. I just feel better when he is in his crate at night. Although it will be nice when he eventually won't need one. Last night, Cookie slept in his crate downstairs for the first time, instead of in our bedroom. He used to sleep through, but recently has been waking up in the night and growling/crying until we let him out and took him to the garden. Sometimes he didn't even do a wee when we took him to the garden - he just wanted to play. So last night we put our foot down, because we were exhausted. We all had a better sleep and are all best friends today.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning all ...

I have a few jobs to do ... but DD decided to start making a skirt yesterday ( she's never wanted to sew before! ) and so, I amazingly had a pattern ( I only have about 5 patterns in total! ) for the skirt she wanted, although we'll shorten it later! And I thought I'd better teach/show/let her do it all properly so lots of marking darts, tacking etc ( whereas I just pin and go fo it! ) ... she is about third of the way though and my dining room aka office and minded children's sleep room is a bomb site ... not sure she'll have much time to get any more made till next weekend now! Think I'm going to have to decamp to kitchen table!

Work wise ... 2 days this week ... no real plans ... weather and child dependent !

I'm sticking to the 'stay home' 'rules' and will take things as they come. (Can't do anything else really!l)

Maza ... I had plantar fasciitis last year for a few months. It was agony! I bought some shaped insoles for my shoes and they helped. I also stretched my feet/ ankles every morning and whenever I sat down. ( leg straight and foot/toes flexed up and tried to make my toes reach my knee ( I know that's impossible but that's how I was told to do it ) I also stopped walking around barefoot (which was a nightmare as I'm always barefoot) and wore shoes with proper support. I ended up buying a pair of 'old lady sandals' from Hotter, but they have good support! Some days it really hurt to walk, but one day I realised it had gone. I took the supports out of my shoes and it stayed away. I've kept them though, as I suspect it may come back. Good luck and I hope it gets better soon xxx

Take care everyone

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have so much sympathy for you Maza. I had plantar fasciitis last year and it was horrendous. But like Loocyloo, it disappeared of its own accord. It had been agony for months and every time I stood up or took even a few steps I was hobbling. I had a day out in London with friends and 3 of us were suffering with it. We limped along behind the rest of the group who were very sympathetic because most of them had had it before. We all put it down to ageing!

It was only the other week, when I was out on my daily walk, that I realised it had gone. I couldn’t even remember when the pain had stopped but I know I hadn’t noticed it for a while. If you google it there are exercises you can try.

15. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse and loocyloo - glad your pf cleared up! Did you go to a GP to get it diagnosed properly or did you self diagnose? DD isn't sure mine is pf as it is just my heel - he seems to think it would be more the arch of the foot.

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Mouse and loocyloo - glad your pf cleared up! Did you go to a GP to get it diagnosed properly or did you self diagnose? DD isn't sure mine is pf as it is just my heel - he seems to think it would be more the arch of the foot.
    I self diagnosed. Mine was very much in my heal, the underside of it that you walk on. When he saw me limping DH would ask if my ankle was sore again. I’d get quite snappy and tell him it wasn’t my ankle, it was the bottom of my heal!

19. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I self diagnosed. Mine was very much in my heal, the underside of it that you walk on. When he saw me limping DH would ask if my ankle was sore again. I’d get quite snappy and tell him it wasn’t my ankle, it was the bottom of my heal!
    Same here - self diagnosed! I was going to go to drs, then read they couldn't do much, so thought I'd try a few things myself before going!
    And exactly how you describe it ... DH would ask if my foot was sore and I'd always say it's not my foot but inside my heel!

Lots of friends of a similar age have/have had it or ... their young teenage sons!!!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 11-05-2020 at 05:25 PM.

21. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good evening

Just catching up after a quiet day here.

Maza pf is very painful my friend had it she was advised against wearing flat shoes always have an little bit of an heel
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

23. Likes Maza liked this post