Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Good morning everyone. The sun is shining and it looks like it’s going to be another lovely day.

The highlight of my day today will be a food shop delivery. I’ve managed to book a weekly delivery throughout lockdown which has been a relief. I did read a news article shaming those of us who have had deliveries when we were capable of going to a supermarket. It said the elderly and vulnerable were struggling to book delivery slots because they were being snapped up by more able people. I did feel guilty and questioned whether I should be having deliveries, but whenever I’ve looked online there have always been plenty of slots available. I haven’t had to log on at midnight or at specific times of the day, so I guess my local store has either increased the number of deliveries or demand in our area isn’t so high. Either way, I’m very grateful not to have had to brave the supermarket for weeks!

Did we all enjoy Sewing Bee last night? I think the right person went based on last night’s sewing but they all seem quite evenly matched now. It’s going to be their mistakes that send them home!

Have good days everyone and I hope the sun is shining wherever you are

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

Grrr! Wrote a long reply, then had to check my email for DD and came back to find message gone!

I'm off to do a food shop today ... the closest supermarkets that do deliveries are 45 mins away, and there are very few delivery slots for my area. Feeling a bit abandoned ... I was looking at Argos for some storage bits and although items are in stock in store ( an hours drive away ) they are not available for home delivery! Somewhere else isn't delivering outside of large cities either!

I loved the fancy dress last night. The grapes were my favourite. Yes, I expected Fiona to go home, as you say, it will be their mistakes that send them home. I think they are all brilliant!

Have fun in the sun everyone

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't watched sewing bee yet this week.

Our highlight of the day will be a delivery from Decathlon. We ordered DD a few clothes last week as she has had such a growth spurt. DH is also off to do a food shop today.

Want to try and get all of DD's homework finished today so that she can enjoy the VE day street picnic (social distancing obviously) and the fun and games we have planned. Amongst other things, we will be playing 'Blockbusters' - but I will be writing the questions linked to WW2 - so I need to sort that today.

Blackpool is just on the news (talking about lack of tourism due to lockdown) and it made me all nostalgic. It will be nice to have the freedom to go on little trips again.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza oh i love Blackpool i know its tacky but the piers arcades doughnuts kiss me quickly hats make me happy.

Mouse i agree with you over the delivery slots we were waiting a month to get one so we wouldn't use them. But if they hsd been so freely available i would have done.

Loocyloo not good over the argos delivery the shops are not open here.

I do agree the right person went she struggled last week. Im glad Therese fabric choice went well.

Today im tiding up the house its got a bit messy with the decorating so im putting it back straight.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thursday everyone!

I had a lovely surprise in the post today as DS1 and his girlfriend sent me some flowers just to say "we miss you" must admit it made me emotional as they live 4 hours away and obviously we haven't been able to visit them.

Enjoy the Bank holiday weekend whatever you are to.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve managed to get Sainsbury’s delivery or collection right through lockdown. So I’ve been getting shopping for both my daughters to save them going to supermarkets. I’m also amassing nectar points at their expense too, I take it to them and leave it on their door steps. Finished off tidying the loft today and that’s my to do list complete.

8. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I’ve managed to get Sainsbury’s delivery or collection right through lockdown. So I’ve been getting shopping for both my daughters to save them going to supermarkets. I’m also amassing nectar points at their expense too, I take it to them and leave it on their door steps. Finished off tidying the loft today and that’s my to do list complete.
    WOW!!! WELL DONE

a completed 'TODO' list. .... whats one of those? !!!

i have to admit ... once i've got 2019/20 accounts done and dusted and teeny weeny bit of paperwork done ... that's pretty much my todo list done ... but i'm sure i'll think of new things to put on it! i do still to finish sorting my toy shed ... but that's a work in progress whilst i wait for storage to arrive !!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pixie dust - that's lovely of your son and girlfriend.

Slyvia - well done you in fairness i never write a to do list i find them neverending and seeing as im finding it hard to complete anything at the minute and easily distracted

Maza - i had a look at that website decathlon it looks really good dd2 is in the middle of another growth. Do you have any other recommendations for similar websites
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Fussy, where we lived in London there was a really big Decathlon store and everything in it was really cheap or reasonable. It's one of the things we miss the most. We have never used the website before because we could just pop in and try stuff on, so this was the first time we have ordered online. We have also got stuff from Millets in the past but only on the sales.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Fussy, where we lived in London there was a really big Decathlon store and everything in it was really cheap or reasonable. It's one of the things we miss the most. We have never used the website before because we could just pop in and try stuff on, so this was the first time we have ordered online. We have also got stuff from Millets in the past but only on the sales.
    Never heard of it before i use m and m direct alot so nice to have another option