It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

For those of you not working, is the weekend any different to any other day of the week now? Currently my days all follow the same routine and I’m missing having a distinct weekend. When it gets to Saturday I’m like “yay, it’s the weekend” but then I realise it’s just another day like any other. I need to find a way of building some variation into my week

Maybe I’ll only do a roast on a Sunday rather than on any random weekday. Or I could save some of the washing till a Saturday rather than keeping on top of it through the week. Or leave the housework till the weekend rather than spreading it out through the week. Maybe that’s it. Maybe I need to stop doing the jobs that I don’t normally get chance to do in the week and save them all till the weekend...but then how will I fill my week days

Last night I stayed up late binge watching the first series of Fleabag. I don’t think I’ve ever binge watched anything before and I’m not sure I’ll do it again. I eventually went to sleep about 3am but was still awake at 6.30 this morning. Thank goodness I’ll have time for a nap this afternoon if I need it I don’t think I even particularly enjoyed the programme but at least I can tell my friend I have now seen it - she loves it and asks endlessly if I’ve watched it yet.

Anyway, have good weekends everyone, especially if you’ve been working through the week

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Everyday is the same here.

The difference on a Saturday is our netflix party. Today we watched pokemon meetoo strikes back.

Australia has started to relax their lockdown. My brother was telling me no new cases in queensland for a couple of days. I cant see that happening here yet for a few more weeks.

So yesterday i made shortcrust pastry with self raising flour and it worked so we have a lot of lemon meringue pie to eat today 🤣🤣🤣

I certainly wont be leaving lockdown fitter and healthier
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse I think you're turning into a student with your late night binge watching and afternoon naps!

We don't do homework at the weekend, and also, we have stuck to our rule of only having 'pudding' on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Mouse, our friend kept going on about Fleabag too, and so we watched a few episodes just for him, and I couldn't get into it.

All this talk of quizzes lead to me ordering the original 'Blockbusters' game off amazon and it should arrive today. We used to love it on tv when I was young. I've also ordered some juggling balls for DD as she has become obsessed with juggling the last few days, so I guess that will be her lockdown skill. Yesterday, DD and I spent the afternoon making red, white and blue decorations for our VE party next week. Obviously we won't be inviting anyone, lol, but it gives us something fun to focus on.

Today, we are going to heat up some pasties and eat them as we walk in the woods - don't think we are allowed to sit down picnic style right now!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy weekend everyone!

Is it just me, or do the weeks seem to be going fast?! I went food shopping this morning ( been going on a friday up until now, but have swapped work days around for a family ) ... it was far too busy for my liking, so think i'll start going on a thursday! There were loads more cars on the road too, BUT, I haven't been 'out' on a saturday for a while, so maybe its always been busy!

I've got a pile of 'start of the month' work jobs to do, but as usual, I'm prevaricating and not doing them !!!

It is sunny out, but chilly and then every now and again, we get a passing shower. I want to go for a walk, but don't know if I can be bothered! I'd rather curl up and watch a film, but DD has taken over sitting room for a couple of dance classes for the next few hours !!!!

I had a friend recommend Fleabag too ... I watched about half of one episode and really wasn't fussed about it! I'm not actually watching much tv at all ... occasionally a film ( Dh & I watched 'yesterday' last weekend ... really enjoyed it ... a chap gets knocked over by a bus and wakes up to discover that NO ONE has heard of the Beatles ... ) and then sewing bee, and I quite like repair shop! DH watches ALOT of car shows ... Bangers and Cash is his current favourite !! I don't mind watching it ... it's localish to us ( in fact, the big public carpark they often use, is where I park to go and feed the ducks !!! )

take care everyone, have fun and stay safe

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

loocyloo I really like the repair shop too. I've only seen a couple of episodes but it's a great concept for a tv show.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Weekend everyone !

I did our weekly shop last night instead of today and it was definitely a lot quieter and din't have to wait to go in. We have have had a chilled day face timing various members of the family. The in-laws live in Spain and were very excited this morning as they are allowed out from today but only at allocated times as apparently different aged people are allowed out at different times.

I have been catching up with various jobs around the house and some of the jobs on my 'to do list' I really want to get my accounts up to date for last year as I like to get them in early but not in the right frame of mind to do that!
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love the repair shop its just a feel good show.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Pixie, I'm never in the right frame of mind for accounts. I hate it with a passion.

Fussy, it really is a feel good show isn't it?

Well my 'Blockbusters' game has just arrived. I hadn't realised at the time, but I ordered a second hand/used one! It wasn't obvious from the price, but I guess it's a 'vintage' edition. The box is a bit grubby, but the contents seem fine. I went through a phase of ordering 'used' books and stuff from amazon and it was well worth the price difference, but then once I got sent a really tatty/grubby book and it put me off.