Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

We had another family quiz last night set by one of our boys. I think he forgets we’re not all as brainy as him so the scores were quite low! It’s my turn to set the next one so I need to come up with questions that everyone’s actually got a chance of getting right

For my birthday recently I got a vegetable planter, but hadn’t been able to get any compost for it, due to lockdown. One of my other sons managed to get some yesterday so I’m going to set it all up today. I’ve been growing some seedlings I got from M&S when they were giving them away as a promotion, so I’m going to put those in first - beetroot and peppers. Then I need to decide what else I want to grow and see what I can actually get. I’m not very green fingered so need to start with something simple. I’m thinking carrots and onions. Any other suggestions?

Have good days everyone and stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have fun with your planter.
    I'm not greenfingered either ... I usually do ok with climbing french beans. Courgette are pretty hardy too!

Good luck with your quiz ... recent questions from a quiz I did ... what is Postman Pat's surname? Clifton!
    ... what is Daddy Pigs job ? ( yes he actually has one, rather than just annoying Mummy Pig! ) Structural Engineer.
    ... who are the flower pot men? And who is their friend? Bill&Ben, with Little Weed.

And this wasn't a quiz for childminders or families with small children !!! I only knew the last one.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse we got those seeds too! The only problem is, I can't for the life of me work out which seeds are in which pot. It has little pictures of all the ones available but I absolutely can't work out which ones we've got - we have two pots/little boxes - a pale blue one and a lemon one. We're also waiting on compost.

We caught up on sewing bee and yes, I think the right person went. Also caught up a bit on Corrie as I'm so behind on that. It's the only soap I watch.

Did you know that they have made the May Bank Holiday a week later this year to coincide with VE Day?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Mouse we got those seeds too! The only problem is, I can't for the life of me work out which seeds are in which pot. It has little pictures of all the ones available but I absolutely can't work out which ones we've got - we have two pots/little boxes - a pale blue one and a lemon one. We're also waiting on compost.
    Look inside the pot and you'll see the seeds in a paper thing (I can't think what it's called or how to describe it!). The name of the seeds is printed on it. We got peppers, beetroot and viola.

6. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Good luck with your quiz ... recent questions from a quiz I did ... what is Postman Pat's surname? Clifton!
    ... what is Daddy Pigs job ? ( yes he actually has one, rather than just annoying Mummy Pig! ) Structural Engineer.
    ... who are the flower pot men? And who is their friend? Bill&Ben, with Little Weed.

And this wasn't a quiz for childminders or families with small children !!! I only knew the last one.
    I'd only have known the last one as well! I knew Daddy Pig had a job as I've seen him with building plans, but I don't think I'd have got that he was a structural engineer!

8. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse courgettes are easy to grow if you like them.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon everyone.

Mouse i find lettuce and cabbage easy to grow.

I have had a fairly chilled day i have tidied up.

Also trying to see if shortcrust pastry works with self raising flour
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse - typically, I left DD to plant them and she has thrown away the paper seed thing!

Loocyloo, how do people even know the answers to those questions?!

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Loocyloo, how do people even know the answers to those questions?!
    No idea!!! except ..
    I do now!!!!

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing a children's TV round in my quiz so I may well pinch those questions!

17. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t believe my neighbour when she told me to cut a tomato and remove the pips and plant them and they would grow.
    Well I did and now have 15 tomato plants sprouting. So that my lockdown achievement. I went for a walk today and found my friend walking along the same route. We continued together but at a safe distance. It was so lovely to do something we used to do before lockdown. Wanted to plan to try it again but felt I was bending the rules so we didn’t.

19. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have been so busy today...I’ve only just gone online...hope your first day of May everyone has been good.

Gardening: I agree courgettes are easy to grow. My ethos has always been to grow things that are a little more expensive to buy. It used to be Broccoli...but now I concentrate on purple sprouting....because it costs more in supermarkets and is fairly easy to grow. We have veg beds ..but I grow in my borders too...if there is a space I pop in broccoli, courgettes, chard, spinach..adds structure to my flower beds.
    I always grow peas, French beans, tomatoes and cucumbers......and salad: lettuce, mixed leaves, radish and beetroot ( both easy peasy) and fennel....easy to grow and really expensive to buy. Also artichokes are my go to for structure at ends of flower beds...look good, tall and are delicious as aperitifs in the summer.
    Great to have a planter mouse, I have one just for salad ...outside the door - easy to pick.
    Our plan was to have vegetable beds on our terrace this year ...it used to be a cement base for a stable so quite large...but the wood was on a truck to deliver just as shutdown happened...so ...it is still there unfortunately....but we have weeded and created lots of space in borders instead....as I had already started the seedlings!

I am so useless at quizzes.....I seem to be an expert at sifting out absolutely important information and retaining useless stuff! Luckily DH is a genius....so as long as we are teamed together I am ok.

We have found a walk half a mile up a steep hill then a lovely drop into a wooded glade by a beck....but the best thing is the wild garlic- we forage each time and yesterday made wild garlic pesto and jarred it for the future...but today we met someone who recommended ( at a distance) that we made wild garlic and cheese scones....they were delicious! Just add a handful of chopped garlic leaves... such a delight!
    They also recommended yellow gorse syrup...so tomorrow that will be our focus.

Tonight I FaceTimed good friends...we call it Friday Fizz....we used to physically do Friday Fizz - in Birmingham Mailbox of late, every 3 months....for about 20 years...now we do it virtually......not the same but kinda nice. I recommend it.

21. Likes Maza liked this post