Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

It looks like a nice morning out there (I’m lying in bed but can see the sky through the window!) but it’s definitely colder than it has been lately.

Did we all watch Sewing Bee last night? I think the right person went home. The standards seem very high this year and he’d been a bit out of his depth since the beginning. I think my favourite so far is Matt.

Plans for today? I have a huge pile of washing to plough through so that’ll be my main job of the day. Then I need to sort out some craft bits to send for the minded children. I was quite motivated in the beginning, thinking up activities for them to do at home and putting packs of resources together. Unfortunately it’s becoming a bit of a chore now, especially as some parents are starting to expect it and are requesting specific ‘themes’. Rather than being grateful that I’m sending anything, they seem to think they have access to an endless supply of free stuff - my stuff! Maybe I need to start charging for the packs

Anyway, enough of my moaning! Have a good day, whatever you’re doing and stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

Grey day here, but the birds are singing loudly.

Enjoy your day Mouse ... my washing pile can be non existent and then suddenly overflowing!

I enjoyed sewing bee too, and I like Matt. I want to know where Lizzie (??) comes from as she visited my favourite beach in last night's episode!

I don't have any plans for today, except to maybe get DD to record me reading another story for Facebook! I've had a request for Harry and his bucket of dinosaurs, so I'd better practice their names!!!

Stay safe

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning .....I had an early wake up call from the puppy 5.45am! Just the one little one today and tomorrow so trying to keep them busy. The sky is blue at the moment so hoping to get some washing done.

I watched the Sewing Bee and agree the right person went, having never watched the serious before I am enjoying it.

Have a good Thursday everyone, apparently Boris is doing the daily briefing later today so I wonder if there will be any lockdown update, I think they won't rush in to lifting anything but what do I know
    Pixie Dust

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning.

Well yesterday i had an afternoon nap i cant explain how tired im feeling which is strange seeing as im not doing much.

Later on im wallpapering my dds room (only one wall) im so glad they listened and went for lighter colours its really ligtened up the bedroom.

Dd really wants a "grown up" room which is hard when it has to be bunk beds. But she also wanted to keep her build a bear my little pony collection

I think the right person went lsst night he struggled the week before. I think some of the contestents are very samey you know what fabric they will choose so hoping they can show a different side
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning,
    What a great idea Loocyloo, reading a story on Facebook. I expect your LO’s love it and it keeps them familiar with you, whilst they can’t be with you.
    I understand Mouse how you are feeling about the craft activities. I have sent two out so far to my mother and toddler group. Only to ones I can actually walk or ride to on my constitutional....all made up from my resources so limited to what I want to use to give away. They are the children also who come every week, set up, help raise funds etc...I don’t run this group just do a volunteer craft activity. We have struggled to maintain more than 10 a week since September and I deliver to 9 and give two packs to one person who then delivers on/ gets collected as the 10th is a friend of the 9th and lives in the middle of no where up several big hills.
    Well, we now have requests coming from out of the woodwork, from people I don’t know and I have been doing it for 18 months. From people who I know have only been once since I’ve been there and from people in the village who ‘ intend ‘ to come once it all starts again, but who have never come, despite notices and leaflet drops and promising others when it’s been mentioned.
    They join in the open ( left open to encourage those in the village to look and see and want to come- no children on it) Facebook and have sent me requests. Like you Mouse, they have started also to dictate - linked something they have seen and suggested I put the resources together! It started cheekily...with a bit of fun...but now several have asked for one a week, so that they can keep a routine going with their LO. The last correspondence I had through messenger was that two friends Who I have never met , could drive to me to pick them up.
    Now we self isolated at the beginning of March as DH has an underlying respiratory issue so I delivered (spray before I leave on doorstep) when I know no one is about ...at about 5am usually,with a mask and home made bottle Sheild and gloves, then come back and thoroughly shower and put clothes in washing machine and clean before going anywhere near him....I am neurotic, I don’t want him to die, and sometimes I pass dog walkers. I don’t venture in to the world of others for anything else. I was happy to do it occasionally, when I had the inclination and a good idea, but I don’t think I will be doing another one for a while and I am just ignoring and blocking those who I don’t know now as I don’t want more than necessary people coming to my house.
    It’s sad though that people do take advantage of goodwill. A lady in the village was delivering homemade scones to shielded elderly friends in the village and has taken abuse from some family members of others because she wasn’t delivering to everyone- as if it was their right to have it delivered!
    Anyway, enough moaning, it’s nice to do nice things and it is appreciated, complaints and advantage takers should be ignored I think.
    I am having afternoon tea with an old friend ( via What’s App) today...so I will need to wasH and try and do something with my hair today ..it’s not quite long enough to pin back/ use a hair band but is extremely irritating...when I video conference I’ve taken to using a lot of hairspray to keep it back off my face, and I haven’t used hairspray since the 70’s!
    I do catch up sewing bee so looking forward to watching it. It makes me want to get my sewing machine out.
    Your grown up bedroom with a build a bear and pony collection made me smile, I remember my oldest doing the same....with a shelf of dinosaurs.
    Nicer today .....so washing is on the line...but constantly watching for the 40% chance of rain.
    I wonder if Boris will have another instruction, or is he just doing it show his face and remind us he is still the PM.
    Nearly another week has past!

8. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We watched the first task on the sewing bee, but then DD had to go to bed as it was late - we had watched Britain's Got Talent first - so we will watch the rest tonight.

DH has just been shopping and managed to get two bags of self-raising flour!!! He did get the last box of eggs in Sainsbury's though, so maybe our luck with eggs has run out!

Loocyloo, when you suggested Cory for Boris's baby, it reminded me of 'Flowers in the Attic' - did anybody read that years ago? I loved it so much. I bet I would think it was rubbish if I read it now though. 'Cove'... sounds too much like 'Gove' don't you think? The others might get jealous!

Mouse and Floradora, I am truly shocked at the cheeky requests for your craft packs! I honestly don't know where some people get their nerve. They must have been good though. Certainly better than my 'history packages' that I am putting together for DD! I was very proud of the lessons I have put together using the lesson objective sent from the school each week. I keep them as varied and as practical/informal as possible, but it seems I don't really know what makes 11 year old tick. I need to stick to early years.

Fussy I had to have bunk beds too when I lived at home. I shared a room with my sister who is 10 years younger than me.

Pixie, I love the updates on your puppy. Are you able to take him for walks yet?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie, I love the updates on your puppy. Are you able to take him for walks yet?
    Maza No we can't take him out yet as we have to wait for his second vaccinations which aren't for another 2 weeks yet. DH has been putting his lead an him so he gets used to it but he isn't impressed, with lots of encouragement and a pocket full of treats he will walk a few steps so once we get out in to the big world it's going to be fun!

I vaguely remember Flowers in the Attic and I am sure I read it but can't remember the storyline now.
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza there is 9 years between the 2 girls.

Mouse/Floradora it doesnt suprise me people taking advantage unfortunately i think people become accustomed to something for nothing they dont stop to think about the people providing it.

Flowers in the attic by Virginia Adams. Me and my friend read them all religiously still reference to them now
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My friends and I all read the Flowers in The Attic books when we were at school. The few copies we had between us got passed round so we all got chance to read them. I think they were probably the first ‘grown up’ books we read and I remember them well.

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I read flowers in the attic as an adult many years ago. There was a follow up book to it I believe.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Dragonfly - there were three books to follow - Petals on the Wind, Garden of Thorns and Seeds of Yesterday. Then there was Garden of Shadows which was the prequel to Flowers in the Attic (but written afterwards). Can you tell I was obsessed? I remember it said that Flowers in the Attic was based on a true story, which made it even more exciting for me! (Sad book, so I shouldn't have been excited.)

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes that was it petals on the wind. May of read that but didn’t know there was a third book.thank you Maza.

19. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't they make a Flowers in the Attic film as well? I don't think I ever watched it, but I'm sure there was one.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes there was a film i remember watching it.

I read all her books for a while wasnt there one about a girl being in an accident

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there was a film. We were all so excited when it came out. It wasn't nearly as good as the book though. When I was googling them yesterday, going on a trip down memory lane, I saw that there was also a film of Petals in the Wind, but I don't think I ever watched that. Lots of the later releases of the book have changed the front cover, as they often do, but seeing the original cover took me right back.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My sweet audrina was the book i was thinking about.

Thinking about ordering them again but there seems to be an awful lot of books now with prequels etc. I know she died not long after the flowers in the attic series so i dont think i will read any of the others

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't get into my sweet Audrina. Do you remember Heaven? Think there were a few in that series. Then there was another series of hers that I read. There was always a really beautiful woman as one of the main characters. I was also dabbling with the idea of ordering them, but I would need this lockdown to go on for a lot longer in order to get through them all!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I couldn't get into my sweet Audrina. Do you remember Heaven? Think there were a few in that series. Then there was another series of hers that I read. There was always a really beautiful woman as one of the main characters. I was also dabbling with the idea of ordering them, but I would need this lockdown to go on for a lot longer in order to get through them all!
    My eldest told me they were doing a remake.

Yes i remember that series too. I think once she found a character that worked she kept to it

26. Likes Maza liked this post