Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Wednesday is my new favourite day now that it’s Sewing Bee day DD has a Zoom dance lesson until 9.15pm so I have to watch it a bit later, but it’s worth the wait

I see Boris and Carrie have had a baby boy this morning. That’s very quick from when they first announced she was pregnant. I think it must be a very worrying time for anyone who is pregnant or due to give birth now. One of my mindee mums had a baby a few weeks ago. The family had been self isolating in the lead up to the birth, then mum went into hospital by herself as dad stayed at home to look after their little girl. She was very brave about the whole thing and said the delivery team were wonderful. I’ve seen photos of the new arrival but it’ll be lovely to see him in person at some point

So, what are you all up to today?

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning Mouse hope you have fully recovered fron hour migraine.

I must im indifferent to the birth of the baby. Im feeling cynical that it wont be hard seeing as their primary residence is chequers.

However i am really looking forward to the sewing bee.

I crocheted a face mask adapter this morning as the ppe advice has changed yet again for care workers maybe in response to the deaths. However i now what to make more but obviously cant find buttons. I know i have a box full somewhere
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning!

Last night for our anniversary 'dinner' DD made us some crackers. Instead of putting party hats in them she put in face masks which she had made from a piece of kitchen roll! They were really good and made for a unique anniversary photo of us both wearing them.

I think I am definitely enjoying DD's project of World War 2 more than she is. I'm planning a VE street party (just for us, in our garden) for May 8th. I do love a topic!

Well, I missed this morning's deadline of walking the dog before the rain kicked in. I actually love walking in the rain, but I should imagine it's a challenge holding a lead and an umbrella whilst trying to clean up dog mess.

Gosh, 2020 is a year Boris will never forget! I wonder what they will call the baby?

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

I had a lie in today! it felt very decadent!

I realised the one thing I am NOT missing at the moment, is making DDs pack up for lunch !!! ( I only realised this morning, as I pretty much got up to make her lunch, even if I wasn't working and then went back to bed ) I KNOW she could have made her own ... but she would possibly have taken some crisps, a biscuit and maybe a piece of fruit ( if that ) if left to her own devices, because of course, getting her eyebrows right is/was more important than breakfast or lunch ( or sometimes, even catching the bus! ) If i made her a salad or similar, at least i knew she was eating! She could of course, always had a school lunch, but she doesn't really like them, or eating with lots of other people. At school, she is part of a privileged group that hang around in the music block during lunch! Usually singing or playing or something, and are allowed to eat lunch too!

I was thinking that Boris's baby arrived sooner than I was expecting! They must have announced it late ( and fair enough! ) or I've just lost track of time!

Can't wait till Sewing Bee My Job today is to darn some pointe shoes ... its been on my 'to do' list a while ... but as DD has a pair that are fine, it hasn't been top priority like it would have been if she'd been doing the dance show back in March and needed 2 pairs, so they had time to 'dry' between wears ! ( can't find a green face emoji! )

I didn't get round to cinnamon buns yesterday ... these pesky minded children ! ... but maybe today. Thank you for the BLUE AGA link .. i'd seen those, and liked the look, but they use alot more egg than any other recipe!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Morning!

Gosh, 2020 is a year Boris will never forget! I wonder what they will call the baby?

'RHONA' !!!!

( my sister in law who had a baby a few weeks ago, has met someone online who has called their baby 'Carina' because it sounds like corona but not quite !!! )

Congrats on your Anniversary night Maza .. sounds fun! very inventive of your DD

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's another day that has disappeared ! My days are so busy a the moment with work and keeping the puppy in check, my mornings are starting earlier with getting up to sort him out then the my evenings are tea then puppy play time followed by a catchup with things I have missed during the day then bed The families who aren't coming a the moment are sending me regular updates on their children which is lovely but I must admit I am enjoying not being so busy and it will be a shock to the system when they all come back!
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

just a quick update ....

I made the cinnamon rolls !!! i used the recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction in the end. I liked the recipe in Jo's Blue Aga ... but when i read it properly .... it didn't give cooking instructions for the aga !!!! the recipe i used didn't give aga instructions either, but it seemed a simple recipe and they are very yummy !!!!

and .... when i suggested Rhona for the new baby ... i didn't know they'd had a boy so maybe ... Cory? or Cove? ( I've come across both in years gone by !!! )

happy evening everyone xxx

13. Likes Maza liked this post