Good afternoon Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Tuesday

Good afternoon. I'm running very late today!

I was awake early, got up and did some jobs then got a migraine so went back to bed. For years I've been saying I would love to be able to go to bed when I'm feeling under the weather, so today I did! I've worked through some nasty illnesses before so it's a luxury to actually be able to rest when I need to

What are you all up to today? The weather here has turned cold and wet. Such a shame after all the sunshine we've had but I guess we should be grateful that it was so nice for so long.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oooo Mouse, hope you are feeling better soon.

It's freezing here! my little one has told me that it is too cold to play outside! i'm not arguing! it's not raining though, and i wish it would, otherwise i've still got to go out and water everything, including a tree in the park across the road !!!! The parish council replanted it from somewhere, and town clerk asked me ( as she knows me !!!! ) if i could keep an eye on it and water it! i've got neighbours involved as well, but i feel responsible! i'd like to take minded children to look after the tree ... but obviously, i can't at this moment in time.

We've done loads of role play and picnics, sticking and cutting ( huge pile of junk/scrap paper now all cut into little pieces! ) and large marble run constructed, just sat down for 5 minutes with a cup of tea whilst starting to get tea cooked! ( we have tea at just gone 4pm! )

take care everyone xxx

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a busy day planned with indoor job but I’ve done nothing. I’ve had a few friends knock at the day so being have chats on the door step and on the phone. Then DD1husband and both grandsons had been out delivering food to friends nearby and stopped off to say hello. The door bell rang and I opened the door and the eldest grandson (5) just rushed in and gave me the biggest hug before I even had time to think about it. Brought tears to my eyes and has made my day. Cold and wet here today and the weather looks set that way for a few days to come

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's our twenty year anniversary today! Neither of us are particularly bothered about wedding anniversaries to be honest. We usually go out for dinner, with DD tagging along, or get a take away and just open a nice bottle of wine in the evening.

Yesterday we had our dinner outside on our new patio table. It felt so lovely. It's chucking it down today though, so we won't be doing that!

Hope you're feeling better Mouse. Migraines are awful and you just need to be in bed.

Gosh loocyloo, I'm exhausted just reading about your day. It's amazing how busy you are when you have little ones around. What are you having for tea? Do you cook separately for the little ones?

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    It's our twenty year anniversary today! Neither of us are particularly bothered about wedding anniversaries to be honest. We usually go out for dinner, with DD tagging along, or get a take away and just open a nice bottle of wine in the evening.

Yesterday we had our dinner outside on our new patio table. It felt so lovely. It's chucking it down today though, so we won't be doing that!

Hope you're feeling better Mouse. Migraines are awful and you just need to be in bed.

Gosh loocyloo, I'm exhausted just reading about your day. It's amazing how busy you are when you have little ones around. What are you having for tea? Do you cook separately for the little ones?
    Happy anniversary Maza and Maza DH!

I'm exhausted looking back on my day !!!! LOs gone home now! Minded children had pizza ( a request from last week when we were pretend cooking pizza on the bbq! ), potato and veggies. We're having curry! I'm not that fussed about pizza! Usually, when life was normal !!!! I generally cooked one meal ... bolognese, chilli, pasta, casserole, pie, roast whatever and it was ready for minded children to eat about 4.30 ( having tea a bit earlier at the moment, as mindees being picked up a bit earlier than usual ), and then DD would often have some at the same time before she rushed out dancing/would have some in a thermos tub to have later in a break at dancing. and then, as it can usually just sit in the bottom of the aga, DH, DS & I would have tea about 6ish ( or whenever it worked depending on what we were all doing! )... but i would usually cook fresh veg etc for us. OR, sometimes, i'll do same basic meal, and put one half in aga for minded children, and then leave the other half to cook later for use, maybe adding some more spice, or extra ingredients that minded children don't like. I usually cook/prep tea either after lunch whilst everyone is napping, or if its a 'slow cooked' meal, first thing and leave it in aga all day! It sounds complicated, but i've been cooking that way since i started nannying, and it worked well when i started childminding as my own children were little, and it still works now! sometimes, if i've cooked something the night before, then i might save some portions of it for the next day, but only occasionally! At the moment as i'm only cooking for a couple of children, a couple of times a week, it's either something simple, leftovers from the freezer or a portion of whatever we are having for tea.

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy anniversary Maza.

Mouse hope you are feeling a little better.

I have cleaned up and done some washing. Helped dd to gloss her room. Made a honey/mustard chicken pie. Thpugh had to buy puff pastry and have no bottom on the pie.

I need a hobby
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

11. Likes Maza liked this post