Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

And here we are, back round to Monday again. These weeks seem to be going by really quickly at the moment. The first couple of weeks dragged, but now they’re flying by.

I‘ve stopped making plans for the day - I’m just winging it now! I get up, get ready and see what I feel like doing, or if I feel like doing anything at all. I think I’m turning feral

Last night we had another family quiz over Zoom. It’s a great way to get us all together but it will be even better once we can all meet up again properly

What’s everyone got planned for the week ahead? Whatever it is, have fun and stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning mouse and everyone.

Feels a bit like groundhog day here. Dh has requested i dont walk around the house looking for jobs to do. Mmm that means i dont know what yet.

I saw on pinterest thst america has a shop called the container store i feel my life is missing this shop

What shops do you wish we had. So mine are the container shop and target.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

I was so pleased to see a bit of drizzle and cloud this morning, as i knew it meant i might actually get on with the jobs i NEED to do in the house, rather than wandering around in the garden and reading my book in the sun! so much of nothing has been getting done !!!!

but noooooo ... the sun is coming out !!!!

I'm working a couple of days, but no particular plans other than that.

Other than .... DD wants to make Cinnamon rolls .... anyone made them? I've been reading LOTS of different recipes! I'll be using a sachet of easy bake yeast, and bread flour - any recommendations for a good ( and easy ) recipe to follow? I'll also be baking them in an aga, so that makes a little difference too! I haven't had one for years ... i used to have several a week when i was a nanny in Sydney ... there was an amazing bakery just down the road, and we seemed to walk past it no matter where we went !!

oooooo Container Store .... that sounds good ! Australia have Target ... it was one of my favourite shops when I lived there! Not sure what shops I wish we had ... i don't really like shopping! Amazon and Ebay are my friends!

Stay safe everyone

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Loocyloo i use jo Wheatley website all the time for baking.

I havent made cinnamon buns but she does have a recipe

Jo's Blue AGA: Cinnamon and Pecan Buns
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never heard of the container store, so had to google it. It says they now deliver to the uk, so you could get an order in Fussy!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I’ve never heard of the container store, so had to google it. It says they now deliver to the uk, so you could get an order in Fussy!
    Ooohhhh must resist must resist ok maybe have a look later

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fussy, my dream is to go shopping in America! Target and Walmart are right up there, along with the ice cream shops (they always seem to do them well), waffle shops, chipotle (although in the last minute I have discovered that there are some chipotle shops in the UK). Also, the big consignment stores and thrift stores always seem great too. The container store sounds like a dream!

Today is a mixture of 'gently encouraging' (or she gets really cross with me) DD to do her homework. She did her daily Maths first thing as that's her favourite. Desperately trying to get her interested in world war 2. Last night we watched 'Goodnight Mr Tom' which is one of my favourite movies about the war. We wanted to watch 'The Book Thief' tonight but we can't seem to find it on any of the channels. Any recommendations of World War two films suitable for a year 6 pupil?

Loocyloo you are good. I cheated and used ready rolled pastry when I made mine. Can't remember where I got the recipe from, but they are a lovely thing to make with children.

Our patio furniture has just arrived, so I suspect most of the day now will revolve around assembling it and deciding on which side of the patio we want it. Think it's going to rain today, so I doubt we'll be using it much today though!

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you all had a good weekend. I have the two key worker children as per normal this week so have planned a few activities for them including making some gingerbread men. I picked up one of those mixes in Tescos as have run out of flour only to discover I need golden syrup so hoping our local shop will have some.

DH has decided to sort his shed out and clean the decking then revarnishing it today if the weather holds out!

Boris is back to work today so I wonder if we will start to hear about the so called exit strategy.
    Pixie Dust