It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

I hope those of you who have been working are going to have a rest this weekend

It’s another sunny day here. It was lovely sitting in the garden this morning drinking my first coffee of the day. Our house is very full and busy with everyone at home all the time so it was nice to have some quiet time by myself. It’s worth getting up early and having a bit of head space before anyone else is awake

We’ve got a food delivery coming at lunchtime, but that’s all I’ve got planned for the day. We’ve been very fortunate to get a delivery slot every week so I don’t have to brave the supermarket. Some of the substitutions in the first few weeks were a bit odd, but now we’re getting most of what we order, or very close alternatives. I know I’ll have to head back into a shop at some point but I’m glad I can avoid it for now

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its sunny here too.

We have just done our 5th netflix party.

My brother thinks lock down will start relaxing in Australia in about 3weeks. My niece is going back to school in 3 weeks. In some ways i want normality to happen but not at the risk of a second lockdown.

Dh is replacing the cistern on the downstairs toilet it should be amusing i dont know why he just doesnt let me do it. It ususally takes a couple of hours then he does it the way i told him too
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good morning!

its supposed to be a nice day here ... but is still a bit chilly and overcast! I am going for a walk later to drop off craft kits for minded children, and am also making DH a birthday cake! Poor DH, what with DD & DS having birthdays a few days before him, means his birthday gets a bit overlooked. Not intentionally, but everyone is caked out! I'm feeling more sorry for him today, as a fair few things i ordered ( weeks ago ) have yet to arrive, so he hasn't really got much to open! I know the post is all snarled up in places, and i'm not complaining, i just feel sorry for him. However, i have arranged delivery of some of his favourite ice cream, from award winning local ice cream maker, so he'll be over the moon with that!

Take care everyone

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Weekend everyone.....the weather here was bit cloudier earlier on but the sun is coming out now. I plan to spend the weekend relaxing and planning a few things to do with the little people next week. Even our little pup knew it was the weekend as he had a lie in one week in and he is doing really well and the last 3 nights he has slept through the night

I did our food shop yesterday teatime thinking it would have been quiet but how wrong was I, the queue was the longest it has ever been on any of my shopping trips but once in their seemed to be less people in the shop so not sure if they have reduced the number of people they are letting in again. I was so happy that I was actually able to buy a bag of rice as they haven't had any for weeks only the microwaveable pouches (we don't have a microwave but you can cook them on the hob) I seem to be spending a bit more on my weekly shop but not really sure how ! I am only going every 7-10 days. Every time I go it seems to be a different item thats in short supply but always no flour or eggs. We get our eggs delivered with the veg box.

Enjoy the weekend everyone x
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust here is Shrewsbury we are definitely not short of eggs and never have been throughout this. We have been eating more eggs than ever for our protein because we are often short of fresh meat.

Looclyloo, happy birthday to your DH!

Fussy, you are so clever and practical - I'm ashamed to say I wouldn't know where to begin changing the cistern!

Mouse, I agree, it is so lovely when you get up before everyone else in the house and just chill.

DH and DD have been making puppy toys this morning with random bits of fabric and then they had an exercise session together. It meant that I could put on a podcast and get tons of cleaning done. We're all feeling very fulfilled right now! We've just had another slice of our 'eggless sponge cake' which is a World War Two recipe that I found and DD made yesterday. Ironic that we chose to make that particular recipe for her project, seeing as we have loads of eggs in the fridge!

We are also feeling rather rich by our standards...We have had two cheques posted to us this week. One was from the pet insurance reimbursing the vets bill after Cookie was attacked, and the other one was from our solicitor from when we moved house in October. If you remember, we were told that we had to change our doors to fire doors. This wasn't straight forward for many reasons, and we couldn't possibly have done it in the time we had, and so we agreed with the buyer that we would leave £500 with our solicitor for the new owner to use to change the door. This was on the condition that it had to be done within 6 months. Anyway, the 6 months are up and the buyer hasn't done anything about the fire door, so our solicitor has given us the money back. We haven't really come into money, because it was obviously our money in the first place, but it still feels nice! We have decided to spend it on a patio table, parasol and chairs for our first ever patio. We can't wait!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats Maza. That sounds like a win for you, as you thought it was money 'gone' and now it's returned.

I'm interested in the recipe for eggless sponge cake ... tell me more! I found a recipe for something called 'crazy cake' the other day that has no fat or eggs in ( if I remember ) and you add vinegar and oil to it. I often make dairy free ( using dairy free margarine ) and/or gluten free baking, but apart from a few biscuits/flapjack, I'm always at a loss for egg free!

Although ... has anyone tried making meringue from 'aquafaba' ... the water from a tin of chick peas? Tastes a touch lemony, but not much and takes alot of whisking ( definitely a job for a machine! ) but really good!

I wouldn't know how to replace a cistern either!

And thanks for DHs birthday wishes. 2 more awaited parcels arrived, so that's good!

Have a good evening all xx

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It was overcast and chilly this morning but by late morning it was beautiful again. Did my pilates again, walked a birthday present to one of my mindees who’s 3 tomorrow. Then spent a peaceful day in the garden setting up the fairy gardens again. I’m savings the rest of my indoor jobs for next week as it’s supposed to be a bit showery. Have a good weekend everyone

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Changing a cistern? Super skills Fussy!
    Amazing that you get a delivery every week Mouse, they are very difficult to obtain round here, the most successful time for me has been at 2-3.30 a.m. then I can never get to sleep after....I’ve managed to get one from Morrison’s for three weeks hence. Luckily I am well stocked ( from winter / worry about Brexit) on cupboard stuff and am able to get a veg box, milk, butcher and fish delivery from local companies..and we now have hens and ducks, so I am ok for eggs, DH makes our bread and now makes pasta and baking treats but yoghurt and nuts are very low and we’ll have no tuna by the three week shop time.
    Also it’s great to use the local deliveries but it is more expensive, the price we pay for maintains isolation.
    It’s great you get the rebound cheque Maza, you probably wouldn’t have wanted to spend the money on a patio set if it had stayed in your account...it probably would have got eaten up in the move. So a lovely surprise.
    The warmest day ever up here because there was no wind...so we Walked, gardened and then had a barbecue, interrupted by the peacocks on a neighbouring farm,( about a mile away) they decided to sing together, peacocks make a real racket when they get going.....but it’s a better sound than the road noise in our last home....and it was a short song. The cows from the cowshed that is part of the original farm we now live in ( a local farmer farms the land around us and uses the cow shed ) were allowed out into the field today, they jumped and skipped and ran..it was lovely to watch, but a little sad that they have to stay in the barn for so long.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, if you google 'war time recipe booklet, Key Stage 2' you should be able to see it. You add a cup of tea to the mix, but other than that it's similar to any other cake. More of a tea loaf for afternoon tea rather than a celebratory cake. I haven't tried aquafaba but I have been curious about it after seeing it used somewhere - maybe on Bake Off last year in vegan week?

Floradora, it's great that you finally got your hens! Didn't you say you got a chicken coop for your retirement present? My sister-in-law has peacocks on her farm, and yes, they do make a racket. They used to fly onto the roof of our bedroom (bungalow) every morning, so we could hear them walking around too.

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I went on the Sainsbury’s website this morning and they had delivery slots every day, all day this week coming. Book one for my daughter but I don’t need shopping but she does. Also going to order fir my neighbour as she has to shop every week for her elderly mum. Save yer braving a supermarket and I pay for a annual delivery pass so my as well try to use it

16. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Daughter of a joiner my dad said his job was to make sure i could do basic jobs around the house. I remember my friend when she moved into her new house having a breakdown because of her new washing machine wasnt plumbed in. She looked amazed when i did it.........

Plus we are conserving our bank balance. The cistern has cost us about £65 i dread to think what a plumber would have charged.

Loocyloo belated birthday wishes to your dh
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 26-04-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

18. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post