Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

This week seems to have gone very quickly and I haven’t really achieved much. I’ve still got lots of sorting, cleaning and decorating I want to get done but I’ve got a sneaky feeling we’ll get to the end of lockdown and I’ll look back on the missed opportunity to get on top of everything!

The question for today is on face masks. Do you wear one when you go out? Would you be happy to wear one in, say a supermarket? Or would you wear a scarf/bandana type mouth covering? Do you think masks are going to become part of everyday life once restrictions are lifted?
    I’ve been reading up on how they might help prevent the spread of coronavirus, especially if you are asymptomatic. I wonder if we’ll all be encouraged to wear them in shops etc.

Still, no need for a mask today as I plan to spend another day relaxing in the garden and thinking about all those jobs I could be doing!

Stay safe everyone

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Masks seem to be becoming a bit of a fashion accessory. I follow a lot of American blogs/people on Instagram and they are all proudly showing off their pretty masks, or their more masculine fabric for the males. Lots of people are making and selling them on facebook groups and they look gorgeous. However, lots people wouldn't want to buy them in this time and I doubt the government would want to provide them for everyone. We have seen a few people wearing them, but have seen more wearing gloves when in the supermarket.

Today's home schooling is starting a new topic (set by the school) - World War 2. I'm really looking forward to learning alongside DD on this one. We get a weekly lesson emailed each Monday. Thanks to ****** being free we can also access powerpoints and other resources to help us. Such a shame that we can't do any field trips or go to the library to collect more books on the topic. Also, I bet each school has got some great hands on resources/artefacts which children won't have access to during this time. Still, we'll have fun. I found some wartime recipes on ****** and we're going to make one of them this afternoon (if we have enough ingredients ironically).

One really boring job that I ought to make a start on is paper shredding/filing. I have got a box of papers that I really need to go through - all boring stuff, like tax, bank letters etc. Stuff that I was too frightened to throw away incase I needed it at some point.

Will you be wearing/making a mask Mouse?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No masks here i see a lot of people wearing them though. I doubt the government has enough stock to provide homes with them.
    I have enjoyed an hour on the garden reading a book now to start cleaning and finishing the dining room and to gloss the woodwork of the downstairs toilet. We weren't going to do that rook but our cistern has broken so seems daft not to decorate 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fussy, are you managing to get flour fall all your baking? We're struggling here to get flour and have a ton of ideas for what we want to cook and bake, all needing flour.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon.
    Beautiful day here.

Lol ... Mouse ... I too feel as if I'm going to get to the end of this with a long list of things i haven't yet done!

I've been sorting a few craft bits and activity ideas to drop off to mindees over the next few days, but my stash doesn't seem to be going down!!!

I'm undecided on masks. I see a few people around wearing them, but until we're told we have to, I won't be.
    I did look at patterns to make masks, and even found a no sew mask using tshirt material, so I'm vaguely prepared if it becomes the rule!

Enjoy the day everyone xxx

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning
    Maza Cumbria libraries has organised that we get free access to ebooks, magazines, newspapers and historical documents...you might want to check if your is doing the same, there are a couple of magazines out about WW2.
    I am loving all the free online reading material.
    I too feel Mouse that I may look back and wonder why I didn’t get all the jobs done I had intended. But is a lovely sunny day without wind so my intention is just to Potter today. We are planning a lunch/afternoon tea time barbecue because as soon as the sun starts to drop it is really cold.
    Masks: I have not been out into civilisation since March 11th, DH has a long term respiratory issue And we are nearing the elderly age bracket so don’t want to take any risks.....except we do walk the hills from my front and back gate , so I have no idea what is happening locally.
    The post lady, delivery drivers , milkman and grocer who are delivering all wear them. When I do eventually Venture out I will definitely wear them - I do have a pack that I bought last year for my holiday to Canada - in case anyone on the plane was coughing near me, but I didn’t use them - so they are waiting.
    We have a mill locally who are delivering to our grocer, the flour isn’t in paper bags, just plastic ones...He hasn’t got the facilities to mass produce bagged ones as he usually sells his flour in large containers to bakers...I feel lucky that we have this link and that the grocer delivers to us.

7. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Will you be wearing/making a mask Mouse?
    I’m not planning to at the moment but I will wait to see if the advice changes. To be honest, I’m not going anywhere at the moment other than on my walks, so the chances of me a) having caught the virus and b) passing it on to anyone else are pretty slim.

I can understand the theory behind it. If you’re pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic you stand a chance of passing it on before you even know you’ve got it. Wearing a mask could more than half the risk of you passing it on to someone else. Or someone else wearing a mask could reduce their chance of passing it on to you. The advice is that you make or use a washable, fabric mask and save the medical ones for those who really need them. Apparently a hoover bag makes a very efficient filter, but who has hoover bags these days

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Fussy, are you managing to get flour fall all your baking? We're struggling here to get flour and have a ton of ideas for what we want to cook and bake, all needing flour.
    Im struggling to buy any. I do have reserves of strong white and self raising do im going to see if i can just swap my strong white flour for plain.

I dont know where all the flour has gone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

There’s no flour here locally. I was lucky enough to get a bag of each before people started stockpiling. A few people wear masks but I don’t. Again I’m only going to a shop or for a walk at the moment. If I’m told I have to, I will