Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Who else is excited that The Great British Sewing Bee is back on tonight? I’ve hardly watched any TV lately, but that is something I will definitely put on

We had a huge laugh last night after DS decided to have a go at cutting his own hair. I told him not to do it but he said “how hard can it be?” He now knows the answer is “very hard” He’s going to have to wear a cap until it starts to grow back, then hope he can get an appointment at the barbers as soon as they’re open again. He’s currently furloughed from work and will be made redundant at the end of the furlough period. He’s looking for other jobs to apply for, but obviously no one is taking anyone on at the moment. It’s a good job really - no way could he go for an interview with his hair like it is

2. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning. I was watching some of the people on tv yesterday, who had cut their own hair. Needs must I suppose. Luckily I can just let mine grow although I’m sure I’ll be totally grey by the time my hairdresser can come again. Never seen the sewing bee programme but I’ve now seen every episode of midsummer murders, a programme I’ve never watched before. Lovely day here in Kent so I’m having a gardening day. Stay safe everyone

4. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

I'm excited to watch Sewing bee! I can't/don't really sew ( ... I make fleece blankets for all new babies and can sew other things in straight lines! I used to sew alot, and make clothes for myself, and children I looked after, but since I had my own children, time ran away, and I just don't seem to be able to do so now! I do need to get my machine serviced, and perhaps do a 'getting back to it' class or 2! I've watched youtube but i'm better watching a real person and asking questions as I go! ) but I love watching sewing bee for ideas!

I always cut my own ( long ) hair anyway, and don't dye it, so nothing new for me! DS cut his own hair, with a bit of help from DD, using some clippers ... it was ok, but he did walk round with a hoody up for a few days!

Mouse, that's hard for your DS knowing he's going to be made redundant at the end of furloughing. wishing him lots of luck in getting a new job.

I'm not working today as my only little one is off! I have no plans, except to make DS a birthday cake, as he turns 18 today! He's gone to work, so i've decorated the house but am fed up, as the 18th birthday bunting i ordered weeks ago, has not arrived, nor have the 18th napkins! We're ( obviously ) just having a meal at home, but he doesn't want a takeaway or anything particularly special, and he doesn't want a 'zoom' party or anything!!! He was just going to go out with his friends, but that's been put on hold ... he's going to have to have his birthday drinks with us!

have a good day everyone and stay safe

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday to your son loocyloo! Hope he's not down about missing out with his friends.

I'm a bit morose today and I was yesterday. Just this situation makes you reflect and overthink certain things. I realised that my mum hasn't initiated a phone call with me at all (apart from Easter Sunday to wish me happy Easter, but that's one of her traditions). So if I don't phone her then I wouldn't hear from her. Then my sister-in-law happened to mention on the family WhatsApp that my mum phones her every evening. There are many reasons why that's the situation, but it still doesn't feel nice.

DD has been a bit down these last few days too - just really missing her old school and old friends. I was reminding her that she isn't actually missing out on anything at the moment as the school is closed and she wouldn't have been able to have playdates even if we still lived in our old home. This was helping (sounds a bit selfish, as I wouldn't wish lockdown on anyone, obviously). Yesterday though, her old school had begun a series of daily zoom lessons where they can all see each other and interact. All the mums (I'm still in touch) were saying how much the children had enjoyed interacting and connecting with each other and their teachers again. I'm really happy for them, but it made me feel down as we are obviously not included.

Anyway, I'm sure it will pass and we are looking forward to the sewing bee!

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternnon everyone.

Mouse - my ds keeps asking for us to do his hair we are resisting 🤣🤣

Loocyloo happy birthday to your ds its hard having a milestone birthday in lockdown.

Sylvia - the sewing bee is great really looking forward to watching later.

Maza - my mum would never think of picking up the phone. She is also ignoring the fact that she should be shielding. However on the grounds i dont want to fall out with again i just hope her or one of her cronies dont get seriously ill

We had a lovely night yesterday watching the star link satellites we saw bats and roasted marshmellows.

The childrens form teachers have rang to see how we all there. They are very relaxed over the home learning just to carry on doing our best.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

9. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit that I don't tend to ring my daughters. I do text which they respond to so Im still in touch often. My DD2 text on Monday to say she felt she hadn't spoken to me ages.So she rang yesterday and we chatted for over an hour about nothing in particular, something she wouldn't normally have done. Strange times make strange things happen. Might give the sewing bea a go tonight as you all seem to enjoy it.

11. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday to your son Loocyloo. It must be strange having an 18th in lockdown. No partying or going out and buying that first legal alcoholic drink!

Maza, I think we're all prone to down days at the moment. We just have to go easy on ourselves and try to bounce back as soon as we can. If there's anything any of us can do to help, just shout out

Sylvia, you're going to have to give Sewing Bee a go! It's such an easy going, good-natured competition.

Fussy, I'm very jealous that you saw bats. I love them, but we never get any here. My favourite part of Chester Zoo is the bat cave. Have you ever been?

13. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Fussy, I'm very jealous that you saw bats. I love them, but we never get any here. My favourite part of Chester Zoo is the bat cave. Have you ever been?
    We see them all the time when it goes dusky i guess we took it for granted.

Yes we have been to see them at chester zoo and at west midlands safari park.

It makes me sad that people are hurting them because if covid 19
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks all ... DS in enjoying himself in his own little world !!!! His friend ( and mum who is my friend ) have just left him a case of beer on the doorstep, which is very sweet.

Just heard that one of my mindees isn't coming now as dad has to self isolate as high risk ( should have been isolating since whenever but didn't realise it !!! ) so now, just working one day a week, unless anyone new needs care!

ooo, i love bats too. don't get any round here. ( at least, that i see! ) ooo, might have to go and have a look for starlink tonight!

x

16. Likes Maza liked this post