Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

Once again I woke up this morning not knowing what day of the week it is. It’s starting to frustrate me a bit now so I think I need to bring some routine into my week. I have a rough routine during the day and that works well, but every day is the same and I’m missing variety through the week. I’m not quite sure how I’m going to do it but it’s given me something to think about!

Last night we had an online family quiz, which was fun. It was good having everyone together even if we were in different houses! I am grateful that we live in a time when technology makes it so easy to keep in touch.

Today’s plan is to sort out my wardrobe. It’s so full I can hardly fit everything in, but then I only seem to wear the same clothes over and over again. I’m hoping to find some forgotten treasures that have been hidden away, though whether I’ll still fit in them is another matter

Have good days everyone and stay safe

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning I hope everyone is well.

Last night we watched the starlink satellites unfortunately only saw a few (apparently it wasnt as good as last night) but we saw 2 shooting stars.

Going to go out again tonight but be more prepared with hog drinks and the fire pit lit. Instead of pjs and blankets

Going to carry on painting the dining room so much stuff in there its taking longer to work around everything
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning.

Well today I am planning on deep cleaning the bathroom - which was yesterday's job, but yesterday I cleaned the utility instead.

We have used up all of our self raising flour so hopefully we can get some on Thursday when we shop, as DD has lots of baking ideas. We do have plain flour though, and we have some eggs that really need using up. Maybe we'll make Yorkshire puddings...I've never made my own (hangs head in shame) as the shop bought ones are decent and soooo cheap.

I feel the need to crack out the board games for DD, but we have the junior versions of lots of games (Cluedo, Monopoly etc) which are not really exciting enough for DD anymore, but the adult versions - Monopoly in particular - take too long and I'm not sure we're up for that either, even though we have lots of time. We need an inbetweener. First world problem.

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone, done an hours dog walk first thing 6.30 ish, just finished helping 91 year old will be back there teatime now it’s lunch then finish learning journeys,I still do paper versions. My days seem to go super quick does everyone else’s?

6. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good afternoon!

we've been outside; watched buzzy bees collecting the pollen from flowers, watered plants, poured water down tubes and funnels and practiced writing in the sand ! plus read lots of stories and sung lots of songs!

enjoy xxx

8. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone, we have been out in the garden but its windy here today. One mindee went home after lunch so just the one this afternoon so we have just watched the bounce and rhyme session from the library, its been lovely to be able to watch some online sessions from the library service.

Mouse I do like that fact that I am working for the very reason it keeps us in a routine and I know what I am doing and what day it is.
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie - we need an update on the puppy!!!

I've just been watching an episode of 10 Puppies and Us and I have decided that maybe Cookie isn't so badly behaved after all. I am going to try focusing on his good points instead of the 'annoying' habits. Mind you, he hasn't been for his daily walk yet and that is the thing we all dread, so we'll see if I can still focus on his good points at the end of the day.

12. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Pixie - we need an update on the puppy!!!

I've just been watching an episode of 10 Puppies and Us and I have decided that maybe Cookie isn't so badly behaved after all. I am going to try focusing on his good points instead of the 'annoying' habits. Mind you, he hasn't been for his daily walk yet and that is the thing we all dread, so we'll see if I can still focus on his good points at the end of the day.
    I remember watching some of those before we got our puppy and was shocked by some of those dogs and their owners ! We are quite surprised we only had to get up once again last night so he is doing much better than we expected but we are thinking he is lulling us in to a false sense of security and then all chaos will happen!! DH is currently off work so he is supposed to be on puppy duty during the day but he got sucked into watching Amazon Prime and forgot to take him outside which resulted in wee on the carpet!
    Pixie Dust

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

After spending my day deep cleaning the kitchen I went for a walk. My usual 3 mile route through the posh houses behind and a little bit of the golf course. On my way back I heard a groaning wail from a driveway and there was a poor elderly man on the floor. He had fallen and was clearly in pain. A lovely young teenage boy stopped to help. So he called the ambulance while I chatted to the man who had no idea what he had done. His wife appeared and I got her to get him a pillow and blanket. Turned out he is her carer as she has osteoporosis and her bones are crumbling away. Ambulance arrived quite quick and help the man who had actually broken his hip. But they were concerned about the wife’s breathing. This couple have no family, no living friends and do not really speak to neighbours. She had to go with him to the hospital so they could sort out care for her as she can’t cope on her own. I felt so sad as I finally made my way home 2 hours after I’d left home, which usually takes 45mins, but so grateful for the friends and family I’m surrounded by. Think I’ll give my walk a miss tomorrow. Wish I had taken the boys number as I’d love to have told his parents how calm and helpful he had been

16. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That is so sad to think they have no family or friends to help. Well done to you and the young man for stopping to help. It would be nice if you could find out who he is.

I hope you are feeling OK. These things can leave you very shaken afterwards.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh goodness Sylvia, well done you, and to the young lad as well. I hope they are ok, and as Mouse said, you too.

I wonder if you or someone you know could put a post on Facebook to say well done to that lad, and it may find him?

Take care xx

19. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hope you are ok Sylvia.

Well done to the young lad as well.

I hope the couple get the help they fingers crossed
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not on face book but family members are. Plus there’s a local page on there too so I’ll try those. It did make me feel quite down that evening. It also put a different perspective on lives on this particular road. Houses all worth in excess of 2 million, lots of cars on the drives tennis courts and pools in the gardens but what’s that matter when your too old and frail to use most of the house and can’t manage or get out in the garden to enjoy it. I chat to lots of my neighbours and I now appreciate them more than ever. All the money in the world hasn’t helped this couple. I’ll knock when I’m passing soon and see how they’re getting on

22. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww, that's so sad Sylvia. Thank goodness you and the boy were walking past. I think Loocyloo's idea of putting something on facebook is great.

Hope you're ok. When things like this happen in the current climate it affects us even more than it would normally don't you think? x