Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

So we have at least another 3 weeks in lockdown. I think that’s what we were all expecting, wasn’t it? I did have a bit of a wobble yesterday when I was thinking about what we could do over the weekend, then remembered we can’t really do anything!

I had wanted to sort the toy sheds but don’t really know what to do with everything. I can’t take any rubbish to the tip or send anything to the charity shops. I can’t sell stuff at a carboot sale or on our local selling groups. I’ve got a feeling I’d end up emptying the sheds, standing looking at everything and then just putting it all back in again! I really want to downsize my resources and thought the enforced closure would be the perfect time, but now I’m not so sure

Whatever you’re all up to today stay safe

2. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse, I need to sort out DD's clothes as she has had a huge growth spurt, but like you, I was thinking that I have nowhere to put them. I usually give them to my nieces but they had to cancel their visit here a couple of weeks ago.

Fussy - how is your dog with his poorly claw? Did your daughter manage to enjoy her birthday in lockdown?

I was looking through Facebook last night at some people who I'm not in touch with anymore. They all looked really well and it gave me a little kick up the butt, as I have been really lazy recently and have been indulging in the wrong foods, (as well as the healthy foods). When life is back to normal I really want to join slimming world again, money permitting, as that's the only way I've ever managed to lose weight in the past. I really need the weekly meet ups to keep me on track. It will also be 'nice' to get back into Parkruns if they ever start up again.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning! I put lots of resources in the shed when we decorated the conservatory but I don’t what to bring them all back in as it looks lovely whilst it’s empty. But I must start doing it as the the 2 children I can have from the key workers family might come back next week as we go into the next phase of lockdown. We have a skip and have cleared a lot of stuff. I’ve still got a few things on my list to do before I start twiddling my thumbs. My pilates teacher is doing online classes that we can keep and do as and when so that’s helping with fitness. But I am starting to pick at unhealthy bits. Yesterday I went to a local farm shop and stocked up on nuts and berries to munch on instead. Enjoy your day everyone and stay safe and try to smile

5. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As I haven't been working this week we have been sorting a few cupboards out etc but we have ended up with piles of stuff for the charity shops in another room which has defeated the object in the first place or DH has stuffed things in his shed ! This week has gone quite quickly for us but I guess thats because I am normally working and will be back to work Monday morning.

Not too sure how DH will get on as he has now been told to stay home for a few weeks and one week in he is already going stir crazy!

I am off to do the weekly food shop later my one outing of the week.
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Fussy - how is your dog with his poorly claw? Did your daughter manage to enjoy her birthday in lockdown?

The dog is fully recovered a couple days of paracetamol (we followed the vets advice).

Yes dd had a nice birthday thank you.

Today i ventured to asda. The queue wss too bad but the people who cant follow arrows or social distancing..........

Oh welll got everything i needed other than flour.

Its still a nice day out there just a bit windy
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good afternoon everyone!

I went and did my shop this morning at lidl. I did have a friend say that I ought to be shopping local ( Lidl is an 8 minute drive away ) as we have independent shops in our little town, and I agree, but equally, they are very busy, with queues as well as doing home deliveries, and I sort of feel that whilst I CAN still go out, and am not reliant on someone else to collect/deliver my shopping, I would rather do that, as there are alot of people who can't travel to other places to shop. I have offered to get bits for other people in my Lidl shop, and have done so. I do use our local independent shops on a regular basis in 'normal' times, so I don't feel I am deserting them! I did visit our little garden centre this morning on my way back as I buy my eggs there, ( they sell a good selection of local organic veg/fruit/meat etc ) and also picked up some strawberry plants for the garden. I felt guilty, as they weren't essential as such, but they will provide fruit over the summer and in the future!

When I got home, I then spent a pleasant few hours planting out my toms and other veggies into the grow-bags in the greenhouse, and into my new raised beds, alongside my new strawberry plants. It's warm today, but with rain forecast ( i think ) for tomorrow, so it seemed an ideal day to plant out ( not that i really know what i'm doing! )

Pixie and everyone sorting out or contemplating sorting out stuff ... I feel for you with bags of things ... and nowhere to send them! I have put off sorting out my toy cupboards for that exact reason! and a couple of things I had sorted out before all this started ... I put back in! Although, I'm usually pretty ruthless ***, and got rid of a pile of things a while back ... and then ... because i have a space in the cupboard ... I buy something new! I have a 'little' obsession with wooden toys, and currently the 'myriad' catalogue/website! expensive, but oh so lovely !!! I actually bought some plain wooden 'people' and bits on ebay weeks and weeks ago, and when I have time ( feels ridiculous saying that! ) I'm going to colour them!

*** except as most of you know, where my craft resources are concerned !!!! ( although, I am planning on making up more craft kits etc for minded children, and therefore reducing the stash )

Mouse .... could you still sort things out, but maybe have a shelf/box or two, where you are putting the things you want to pass on when the time is right?

Fussy; glad your dog is better.

take care everyone,

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo I have been trying to change to wooden toys for a few years. When I buy something new it has to be wooden or a natural material. Gosh it’s hard! I am doing well though. The feel of wood is so much nicer than plastic. I have plain wooden people and also ones that were brought painted in the fashion of people that help us and people from another country. I also donned a mask ( sanding not covid 19) and made building blocks which are used so much . Keep going with the wooden 👍

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post