Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Happy Easter!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone.

What have you all got planned for today? How are your plans different to a normal Easter Sunday?

We usually have a big Easter egg hunt in the garden for all the family. I hide loads of sweets and eggs and everyone has a list of things to find. This year I’ve only got a few sweets and only a few family members here so we’ll have a very scaled down hunt. I’ll deliver sweets to others when I’m out on my walks.

Traditionally we’d usually have a roast lamb dinner on Easter Sunday but I didn’t plan my shopping well enough in advance so we’ve got no meat! Instead we’ll be having a Quorn curry, without naan breads because I forgot those as well. It’s very tricky when you can’t just pop out to the shops for the few bits you need.

I hope everyone has a good day staying home and staying safe xx

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Easter Mouse. Im lucky we are all together .
    We are painting the kitchen

Its typical Dh usually works Easter and for the first time ever hes off and the weather is nice.

We have lamb in its bread and milk im struggling to keep on to off. So a roast lamb dinner with all the trimmings.

Dd is up making an cake for dessert.

Ds2 is bugging me for new trainer.

Life is different but the same

Enjoy your day everyone xxx
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Easter.

We're usually in church in the morning, followed by an egg hunt in the church gardens with all the children and not so young!

We have had an egg hunt in the garden after lunch in previous years, but no one is bothered this year!

We do have lamb ( as I had some in the freezer ) for lunch and then a choc egg cheesecake for dessert. I usually make an Easter cake, but we have 3 family birthdays very soon .. and get 'caked' out! So not today!

Happy Easter everyone

6. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Easter!

It's usually just the three of us for Easter anyway, so that won't be different. We had the egg hunt in the garden - our first one in this house and we absolutely loved it. DD made an Easter 'basket' for Cookie the puppy. She has been making Easter themed dog toys while she's been off school and he absolutely loved them all - so she's one happy bunny. It was really hard to find orange fabric (for carrots) on the internet - rather random - but we did mange to find an orange fat quarter which arrived just in time.

We were going to have a roast today (not lamb though, DH not keen on lamb) but my potatoes really needed using yesterday, so we had it then instead. Today we are having bangers and mash (mash from the freezer), with whatever veg we have in and Yorkshire pudding - because DD would have that with everything if she could. We will set the table all 'fancy' though. DD sewed some beautiful napkins for Easter last year, but we lost them before we could use them. Now we have found them, so we will use them today.

I really want to do some Easter baking, but all three of us have put on weight and we have enough chocolate eggs to last for a while, so I really shouldn't bake. Again, I miss having mindees as they are a great excuse for baking.

The puppy vomited again this morning, at 5am. Alarmingly, there were two stones in his vomit. We have had to stop him from eating stones, but he obviously got two past us. I just really hope there are no more in his tummy. He's as right as rain at the moment thank goodness.

Have a wonderful day everyone. x

8. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Easter, we have had a relaxed day in the garden. I did a mini Easter hunt for my DS (was his birthday yesterday 22) just for a bit of fun. We are having roast beef which is currently cooking. We have birthday cake to finish off from yesterday. We have been catching up via FaceTime with all the family who are all over the place looking forward to catching up with them in person soon.
    Pixie Dust