Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

Poor Boris Johnson. I’ve never really been a fan, but somehow I did find it comforting having him in charge. I’m not sure any of his deputies will give quite the same reassurance. Get well soon Boris

The sun is out and the sky is blue so it’ll be another day in the garden. I like to trim the hedges right back, DH never wants to, but he’s at work while I’m at home with the hedge trimmers, so guess who wins? It’ll be a nice surprise for him when he gets home!

Talking of trims, how’s everyone managing without being able to go to the hairdressers or barbers? DD and I have long hair, so we’re fine. The males in the family are starting to struggle though! They’ve been talking about getting hair clippers and doing it themselves, but I’m not so sure! When the world is back to normal I can see hairdressers and barbers are going to be some of the busiest people around

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH does his own hair roughly three out of four times. He just goes to the hair dressers every fourth cut to keep some 'shape' or whatever you call it. It saves a lot of money in the long run Mouse, you should look into it. Especially now it is getting warmer and they can cut it in the garden instead of the bathroom.

DD and I have fairly long hair, but it is so fine, so we really need to keep on top of it, otherwise it looks witchy and horrible. We're ok for now, but soon...

DH bought a power spray a few weeks ago and is taking this time to power spray everything in sight. He had even power sprayed the pavement on the close because he thought it was getting mossy and slippery for some elderly neighbours (slight hill) and then a week later the children opposite chalked on it, lol.

Oh no, I've just remembered it's exercise day. I'm aiming for every other day at the moment and yesterday was my 'day off'. Oh flipping heck. I was just about to get comfy on the sofa with my book.

Did everyone enjoy the Queen's speech the other day? I did.

Get well soon Boris.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think regardless of what you think about Boris the fact hes so poorly is upsetting. If the pm if the country is in intensive care.....

So today we are prepping the kitchen and bathroom ready to be painted.

I dropped off a box of a mindees favourite toys she loves happyland.

I am making shephards pie and choux buns for tea.

Obviously the weather is motivating me
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon! (just !)

I really hope Boris gets better, as you said Mouse, I find him reassuring too.

I got out in the garden by 9am and spent 2 hours sorting out my green house ... all ready for tomatoes and seeds ... but now I'm sitting in the sun, in the garden, ready to read my book!

Enjoy hedge trimming, exercise and decorating everyone!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been outside playing most of the morning, one little one is having a nap now so its quiet time for the other one.

My hair is it desperate need of a trim as I was due to go the week we went into lockdown, its fine hair but loads of it and soon loses its shape so its getting a bit of a struggle now but I can just about scrape it back into a pony tail. DH prefers longer hair so he will think its great when he gets back at the weekend !
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH has been very sneaky! He's taken the shed keys to work with him so I can't get the hedge trimmers out. He says he took them by mistake. I'm not so sure!!

So instead of hedge trimming I've been preparing some home learning stuff for one of my minded children. Mum is working from home and struggling to find time to sit with him and do much. I've told her she really doesn't need to be doing a lot, but I've put together some bits and bobs that she can do with him and some things he can do by himself while she's working. Until I spoke to her yesterday I hadn't realised how difficult she was finding it all. She's a single mum, having to put in a full day of work at home while trying to entertain an energetic 4 year old.

10. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Fussy, that's so sweet to send some favourite toys to a mindee's house. I bet the family really appreciate that and got some quiet time!

It is really hard for the parents who are still expected to work from home and also do their own childcare.

Mouse, I can't believe your hubby took the shed keys to work - that's so funny!

Well, it's just gone 7pm and I still haven't done my exercise. I'm on the wine now, so not likely to happen. I have done lots of house work though, and did a little unplanned run with the puppy on his walk.

The police around here are certainly doing the rounds in their van/car. I always see them on my daily walk, no matter what time it is. I always suddenly feel so naughty and paranoid - a bit like you do when you go through the scanners at the airport, even when you know you are not carrying anything illegal, lol.

12. Likes Pixie dust, FloraDora liked this post