Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

This morning I was lying in bed listening to the traffic. There does seem to be more of it than there has been recently so I hope it doesn’t mean more people are going out unnecessarily

The highlight of our day will be a food delivery. I’ve included some bits for my son who lives close by. I’ll take it on my daily walk and leave it on his doorstep. It seems daft us both having food deliveries if we can combine them. After last weeks delivery when we ended up with someone else’s shopping in with ours, I’m going to check it more closely today

Stay safe everyone xx

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My one little one and I are going to make cake this morning! Weather was lovely first thing but clouded up now. It appears that no one on my little cul de sac is going out to work any more, there was one person going out to work up until yesterday but even they haven't gone out today!

Have a lovely day everyone, hope you get your shopping Mouse without any problems.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

We've done pe and now having a snack! I have some Easter stories and craft to do, and we'll get outside later for a tidy up with the brooms!

Enjoy the cake Pixiedust

And Mouse... wonder what interesting things you'll get in your shopping today?!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else having really mad dreams at the minute? I am and I think it is probably anxiety, although I don't feel particularly anxious. Last night I dreamt that I was engaged to Boris Johnson. He was so, so sweet and I was justifying it to all my friends and an ex boyfriend (!). He sent me an email telling me to clean out my make up bag because the virus is rife in make up bags, but they are not telling the public yet. I was so flattered that he let me in on this top secret!

Mouse - I saw on Breakfast TV that more and more people are wearing masks. Then I saw my DD's old sewing teacher on Facebook and she had been making masks with her adult classes (just before lockdown) and she has now put the pattern online (Sew Pretty, Katya Essery). You could make one with your Peter Rabbit fabric, lol! I might get DD to do that today for fun.

Clap for Carers is happening again tonight. x

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How is everyone? I’m not working today and struggling to get motivated although there’s plenty I could be doing!

I’m starting to get a little frustrated now by the daily briefings , especially.dodging questions about testing . I think it should have been expected that road Traffic will start to increase a little , people who had filled their cupboards are now needing to shop , and it’s almost impossible to get an online slot. As it’s become clearer how long this could last some people are having to head into their ‘allowed’ businesses to keep afloat , or to organise payroll , or to furlough staff , some of the loans offered by the government not being honoured by the banks . Transport companies have cut their services to a bare minimum so many key workers are driving , it’s also the safest way to make a journey. Hotels are closed so Dh is actually driving much more than before as previously he could stay over a night or 2 during the week. I know that there will always be some people who think the rules don’t apply to them but I think that on the whole everyone is completely committed to social distancing and keeping everyone safe. Sometimes the statistics are just a snapshot and don’t tell the whole story.
    Anyway sorry I got a bit political ! I’m going to go and clean the bathrooms😂

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza- your dream made me smile. If I were to have a stab at analysing it :

your make up bag is in need of a Spring clean and you have been thinking about it, actually, there is nothing more satisfying than clearing out makeup I think, I always want to wear it afterwards too as I usually have fallen back in love with a particular shade I abandoned 6 months ago.

Knowing what we do about you I would say that, even if Boris is not your fav person, you will be wanting to say something good about him and stick up for some of his decisions, you are never one to kick someone when they are down, always see the better side... so ...you feel a little bit sorry for him and that has manifested itself into a boyfriend!

Mama2three - Don’t apologise , I so have those moments of political negativity too, I think everyone does...they have come from nowhere this week...and then I am off on thoughts about why they haven’t done...

Initially, I listened and read anything, then I limited myself to the briefings. I found the timing all wrong because we ended up angsting about what had been said over dinner, a time that we always usually relax.
    So now I find just catching up in the morning on my round of reading the news helps. I can shake of any anxieties or guilt feelings about being in an ok position, in the daily activities, so my sleep isn’t being affected. There are not groundbreaking happenings any more ...so it works...for me.

Pixie dust, DH wakes up every morning with thoughts of baking, it’s his go to for relaxation....goodness knows what size we will be at the end of all this.

Mouse- I was listening to traffic too on my morning walk. We have an area of scientific importance about half a mile up the hill from my house and I have been walking around it daily, a wood and a Wild meadow...renowned for the flowers that grow there being unique and scarce. It is a lovely spot, with great views of the Cumbrian hills, but not far from a major dual carriageway pass so the tranquility is often spoilt by the sound of trucks if the wind is in the wrong direction. Today however it was almost silent, about 3 trucks in an hour. At first I felt there was some thing different about it and then realised I could hear the birds and not traffic. For a moment I was pleased, then I worried that goods wouldn’t be getting to places and lorry drivers were either being furloughed or self employed ones struggling. No cars though, this bit doesn’t lead to a town so no shopping trips and I was after commuter time. When it is all over I don’t think I will moan about the traffic noise.

Loocyloo- I, like others I think, started well with Joe...but I just dip in now as I ached so much! Good that there are lots of aids now to give you a timetabled day.
    I found some skipping ropes so I skip my age everyday now.....which isn’t easy in my non bra wearing moments.

I decided to try to get a delivery, Sains isn’t giving slots for delivery or click and collect, they must be but I can’t get them.
    ASDA I am told opens up delivery slots at midnight, there are no other large supermarket deliveries that will come to us.
    I have been having local deliveries but I thought if the slots aren’t for a month then I could book one in advance.
    I go to bed early so set my alarm...I logged on at 11.59...it refreshed at midnight and I was told I was in a queue....at 12.45 I got into my order, only to be told there were no slots for delivery or click and collect and to check back sometime...strange saying ?
    I tried to go to sleep, but I was in the wide awake club by then, so at 2.15 I checked back....there was an offer of a next week slot for click and collect!! I took it, in panic and excitement really, then was disappointed because it’s over an hour to collect it and lots of the stuff on the list is for in the future, I don’t want it next week! So I lay in bed worrying...then DH joined in because he is vulnerable and doesn’t want me to go out..so we had a cup of tea.
    I can’t get on to cancel or amend until two days before...so we have time to make decisions when we are properly awake now!
    We are tired now after our middle of the night Unsatisfactory shopping trip.

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon.

We are trying not to online shop.

I saw a report saying they cant really increase the online shopping slots so only use them if you have to.

We have a new mantra in the house. "You are not hungry just bored"

Other than that life is the same as yesterday. No baking todaybthough as i dont want my lot to get used to it
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

9. Likes Maza, FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post