Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

Welcome to the start of another week.

I hope those of you who are still working are doing ok. I don’t think many people realise what a fantastic job you’re doing by continuing to let people into your home. Well done to you all

Yesterday my son came round for a visit. Well, when I say a visit, he called by on his daily walk, stood more than 2m away from the front door and we chatted for 10 minutes from a safe distance. It seemed very strange, but we’re doing what we have to do

Today I am going to have a look through the craft cupboard and find the Easter bits and bobs I’ve been saving. I’m going to make some packs up to drop off to my minded families who are within walking distance. I was thinking of posting them to the families I can’t walk to, but should I? I’m questioning everything I do now and wondering if it’s essential. I’ve got stamps and envelopes so wouldn’t have to go into a post office, but I’m not sure if we’re supposed to be limiting what we send in the post. What do you think?

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good Morning!

I'm going to be making up Easter craft packs too, and delivering them by hand if I can. I'm undecided about posting. I am going to have to post a few things though in the coming days and our post office is open.

Today is my usual day off. I'm trying to do all my usual monday jobs, and have planned a couple of activities for this week. We've been making rainbows etc. but apparently this week, our area is moving onto sunshine ( somewhat typically as the sun has run away! ) so I've got some craft activities to do, but I'm hoping to still get out in the garden a fair bit ... except I have a 10mth old, who isn't moving much, so even with warm all - in - ones, i'm conscious that he might get cold.
    Need to get our seeds and stuff planted, but DOH! although I have compost for seedlings etc, totally forgot that I would need growbags for my tomatoes in the green house! well, not forgot exactly ... I just don't usually buy them before I'm ready to plant out! going to have to see where/if I can get a couple.

Had a lovely videocall last night with my brother and family to meet his new baby who was born on saturday. Wish I could travel for new baby snuggles, but it will be even more special when we do.

Take care everyone, stay strong and stay safe.

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really lovely of all you minders who are making up little craft packages for the children.

Today's exciting plans include cleaning all of the floors. I think I have the messiest puppy ever. He is in and out of the garden all day but always sneaks in a leaf/stick/piece of bark or moss and then breaks them into small pieces inside. With us all at home all day I don't know how he manages to sneak them past us all, but he does. He is keeping us entertained though!

Mouse I've also been wondering about the post. I had wanted to post a couple of bits to my mum but not sure, and I was also looking at bits on amazon for myself and wondering if it would be better to just leave it...

They did say to try and limit your food shop to once a week. That means we've got to last until Thursday. We certainly won't go hungry, but we won't have enough fresh fruit and veg to get us to Thursday. We do have frozen and canned, and a lot of our meals in the freezer have veg in them so I mustn't grumble. I think it's actually doing us some good having to be disciplined.

I made a 7 day challenge for DD. I made a big fancy chart yesterday with her lovely pens (I had such fun!) and each day there is a new chore on there which she has to master. She's not impressed, lol. It's just simple things like fill the dishwasher, sort laundry into colours and put on a load. As payback, I've let her create a list for me all to do with ICT. Today, she is going to teach me to screenshot something.

6. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Auntie Loocyloo! What lovely news for your family!

8. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A new baby how exciting , its lovely to have some good news and it gives you something to look forward to once we get through this.

I went food shopping Saturday so we have enough for a good 7-10days as there is only two of us at home at the moment but still couldn't get any pasta which we do eat a lot of, I normally buy one of those big bags which we haven't been able to get since everyone started panic buying. I think DS is going to try and make some as Jamie Oliver shared a simple recipe apparently.

I am down to one little one now so fingers crossed for lots of outdoor play ! We planted some seeds last week.

Have a good week everyone and keep safe.
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good news Loocyloo at least we have the internet. I didnt think i would say that. But its a good way to stay in touch.

I must admit im guilty of overthinking. Should i be hanging clothes outside because i havent disinfected the pegs. I disinfect door handles switches etc twice a day.

I dont think i have managed to shop for 7 days yet. Its bread and milk im struggling with.

Dd went shopping and came home with flour yesterday we felt strangely pleased.

So i treated everyone and made an apple crumble dd is making brownies.

Dd also brought home easter eggs she said she felt uncomfortable putting 8 eggs on the till but they never said anything
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Congratulations Auntie Loocyloo! What lovely news for your family!
    AWWWW, Thank you, and Pixie Dust and Fussy.

It is lovely news and really cheered us all up.

ooo Pixie dust ... let us know how making his own pasta went! what flour did your DS use?

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It was my grandson2 second birthday today. My daughter made him a cake and all the family went on Houseparty at 12 and sang happy birthday. At least we all managed an online party for him. Thank goodness for technology. I sit here missing my grandsons but a few minutes on face time and it puts a smile on my face again. Stay safe everyone

16. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo, Maza liked this post