Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

So, what has everyone got planned for today?

I’m going to be making a list of all the food we’ve got in the fridge, freezer and cupboards.I managed a good shop last week so they’re all pretty well stocked. I particularly want to make a note of the use by dates of things in the fridge so we don’t end up wasting anything. I want to go for as long as possible without having to go out to the shops.

I also need to drop some bits round to my son. Luckily he lives within walking so that will be my daily exercise for today. I’ll leave a bag on the doorstep for him and just wave to him through the window

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning.

We'll do some more of the work set by DD's teacher. We were going to watch Steve Backshall's live Q and A session for kids at 9.30, but she's in the shower now, so hopefully we can watch it later.

My neighbours have just done the OAP shopping hour at Sainsbury's. They said it was well stocked. They also said that after 20 minutes they announced over the tannoy that they were closing the doors because people were not practising social distancing in the fruit and veg aisles. They then went to M and S where they were giving away free flowers left over from Mother's Day.

We could do with some fresh fruit and veg, but we can manage for another couple of days with odd combinations. We're fine for everything else. DD and I will do some cooking later - I want to do a couple of easy meals to freeze that she can help herself to, just incase DH and I are ill.

Loocyloo - I thought of you yesterday when I was looking at some of our half used art and craft kits - maybe now we'll make a proper dent on our stashes!

Sylvia - was it you who had toothache? Hope you are feeling better. x

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning

Maza we are watching the Steve Backshall however the streaming isnt great so you may be better watching it later.

Me and ds walked the dogs this morning.

We are then going to do a science lesson outside and thats schooling done for the day.

Dd is painting rocks so we collected some of those for her.

It was nice seeing rainbows in the windows.

Have a good day everyone stay safe xxx
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

6. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning.

my only child due today, hasn't come because dad has the day off ... so i've been pottering around, tidying up, clearing up and LOL MAZA i thought the same ... and then i found the 3, yes 3 bags of feathers I bought last month , along with extra Easter craft bits !!!! in my defence, the reason i bought 2 of them, is that I run the craft activity at a toddler group and we were going to make feather chicks and use feathers in playdough! They'll keep for next year! Luckily, I don't seem to have any half started/half used kits.

I'm thinking of going through my craft stashes and making up little kits that I will give/leave on local children's doorsteps.

I also plan to make a list of what food we have, and what a good idea to make a note of use by dates!! I'm pretty well stocked; it will just be milk and fresh fruit & veg that we need. we have a fair amount frozen too, but can't give the guinea pig frozen veg, and whilst you would think she could just have grass etc ... it makes her very poorly and she is on a restricted diet! ( 18 mths ago, the vet said her kidneys were not good, and he didn't expect her to be around for too much longer ... 18 MTHS !!!!!! She is over 5 now, and that is a good age for a piggie! ) Oh and we need cat food! why no one thought to mention that the box of cat food in the garage was EMPTY i have no idea !!!!

did anyone watch Sarah's webinar last night on Childcare.co.uk on coronavirus? I thought it was very good, and keep saying to myself ' Got to be happy in your decision, think about yourself and if you don't feel safe, Stop ' ... the problem is .. i DO feel happy in my decision to keep working, until i stop to think about it and then i don't! My heart says support the frontline staff, my head says put you and your family first. Financially i have no idea who things will be ... I get about 2/5 my monthly income from funded children ( not that it's much ) and if they say we'll get 80% averaged from Tax accounts filed ... MINUS any other income we are getting ... Then that will about equal it, as I don't pay much tax. ( and previous year, didn't pay any ) so probably won't get anything that way.

Sylvia, I too hope your toothache is better.
    Mouse, enjoy your walk and wave
    and Maza, the Steve Backshaw Q & A sounds very interesting.

edited to add Fussy ( as i took so long to type my reply! ) have fun painting rocks ... we added googly eyes to ours ( but only for display, not any to hide for anyone to find )

Take care everyone, stay safe xxx

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got the normal 2 this morning then down to one this afternoon.... DH has now been told he need to go back offshore Friday so we are trying to work out how he is actually going to get up to Aberdeen. I have mixed feelings about him going back but we just have to get on with it.

We have plenty of food for a while so not planning any shopping until after the weekend.
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ooo Pixie, that's hard. Sending you a hug xxx

12. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone , my only 1 has just down for a nap , been in the garden all morning playing. He loves the seesaw so I’ve had a real workout pushing it up and down ( he’s a chunk , a gorgeous one but a chunk all the same)

Maza I saw the Steve bagshaw thing on bbc breakfast , it looks really good.
    Hope you can get something to help your toothache Sylvia

Loocyloo im in exactly the same quandary about work , I feel I have to keep on whilst I’m helping though. I have never ever cleaned so much in my life! My rings are now in a pot on the windowsill TIL this all stops , , all the antibacterial wiping and hand washing was making my hands really sore

Pixie dust that must be so worrying. One of my mindees dads is offshore too.

Fussy and mouse ....👋😃

So pleased we are all well , here and supporting each other xxxx

14. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

F48DD951-C6E3-4D01-9A9C-E67BF5E9D01E.jpg
    Highlight of today , my delivery!

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    F48DD951-C6E3-4D01-9A9C-E67BF5E9D01E.jpg
    Highlight of today , my delivery!
    Non contact? Amazing, I haven’t seen these.
    Do you just aim it at someone and you can find out their temperature?
    I feel that would be so useful when in the veg section of the supermarket you mentioned Maza, just keep checking everyone’s temp and they would soon move away...what a defence system!😀

It must be so difficult for you all to decide what to do in staying open or not and coping with family who are doing essential work, I wake up every day and am thankful for our own personal situation.

Having been a public servant for all my , now long, life, I do feel a little inadequate at the moment. We have been self isolating for three weeks now because DH has damaged lungs. ( and he is elderly but we avoid that word)
    When the call came to volunteer I wanted to straight away...just the phone call part as I don’t want to go out and meet anyone else...just in case....
    But I decided I would continue myself in my own little community. I had already contd contacting regularly two elderly ladies with underlying issues, so I phone them too now, which has been helpful to their families who live a distance and are working still. I’ve helped them set up what’s app ....whilst in self isolation and that has helped them. We have a what’s app or FaceTime group for all the groups I go to and a young lady in the village asked me to be an admin on a community group about informing and supporting each other which is working well.
    I live half a mile out of our village and rarely see anybody as our house is on its own ( apart from a stable with 2 horses, so I do see their owner) up quite a steep hill. Dog walkers and joggers go the other two ways out of the village as it’s flatter. But because people are wanting to isolate themselves lots are doing their constitutional up the hill which is nice in some ways as they look and wave.....but I have had to stop working in the front garden as they walk on the road directly the other side of our wall and stop and want to chat....I have to walk backwards quickly to keep the distance and I panic and it doesn’t look very friendly...so I’v abandoned creating a rockery out the front now during the day and just do it really early doors when nobody is up! I see them and wave from the side garden. I think the situation will get more difficult, the longer it goes on as we will all be yearning for face to face, albeit at a distance, conversation.

We have enough rations to last as I overstocked for Brexit and was told to by my new community friends for the winter, which was milder this year so actually unnecessary. I have a veg box delivered and the butcher pops meat in there for us and a milkman who delivers fresh orange too so I think I’ll be able to last 3 months without going out shopping, but even that makes me feel guilty because

a) because I have a permanent over stocked pantry ( but then I do live in isolation in a fairly remote area that is an hour from a supermarket and I didn’t go out panic buying and clearing shelves, this has built up because, over the last year, I have bought an extra something in case we were weather related isolated) but some people can’t afford to do that.
    I am thinking that, in a months time, I will reevaluate and give some tinned good to the local food bank, which I usually donate to every time I did go shopping.
    B) other people, ie the veg box company are putting themselves out there for me....but they want to sell all the veg they have grown, otherwise the business will go under....they still are in danger though.....

I have more time on my hands to overthink all this too.

Mama2three I have made some craft activities, something to make at Easter and all the resources for it into little bags and I’m going to deliver them to my toddler group children on my daily exercise on my bike....just before Easter I think, when they’ve all been home three weeks and might be in need of something different to do.

For those that like to colour Johanna Basford, one of my favourite artists, is doing a live Facebook colour together session at 4 pm daily. You can print off her designs free from her website. It was quite nice to colour together with others, virtually yesterday, she colours and chatters and gives you tips and you can colour the same picture alongside.
    For those with children, her daughter is doing something similar too, Johanna chatted about a cat she had drawn live, I think her daughter is about 7, so that might be worth a visit.

I did Joe Wickes on my own and what a work out that was! I ache now, but I think it’s a good way to start the day. I yoga one day and JW jump about the next. It is not a pretty sight, but DH is baking lots and so it is necessary, to ensure I don’t need to book into a fat camp when it’s all over.

18. Likes loocyloo, Maza, mama2three liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely to hear from you floradora , hadn’t thought of taking my thermometer out with me , genius!!!!

20. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post