Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Today’s the day we hear what financial support is going to be available for the self employed. I don’t think it’ll be particularly generous, but at this point I’ll take anything they offer

After that, I’m going to stop reading and listening to the news so much and just carry on living in my little bubble!

This morning I’m going to go for a walk, then wait in for a Sainsbury’s delivery. I only ordered what I really needed to but it means I won’t have to go out to the shops for anything. If the weather’s nice again I’ll potter in the garden for a bit. I found some fence paint in the shed yesterday so there’s one job I can be getting on with

2. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly, FloraDora liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good morning!

its a beautiful day here, bright and crisp and sunny ... with a frost on the grass!

I have just one little one in today ( for 10 hours! ) ... so we're just going to potter and play, and get outside once the frost has worn off! he's too little to do the Joe Wickes PE lesson, but I might put it on for me! I'd usually go for a long walk of some form today as I ( usually have ) a good walker and 2 in a buggy, so I'm missing that, as I don't want to take the little one out.

I agree, once we know the news about support for the self employed, i'm not watching the news!
    I've stopped listening to local radio as much as although they are doing a great job, and being positive about everything, it just seems very relentless in a 'got to keep everyone's spirits up' way, which I appreciate, but we do need time to reflect and be sad! I stopped listening to radio 2 ages ago, although do sometimes listen to Ken Bruce and Jeremy Vine ( and then assorted weekend shows ). I'm listening to Classic fm at the moment.

take care and enjoy the sun,

xxx

4. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning.

No idea what we're doing today - just more of the same.

We will need to shop fairly soon. I'd love a nice stroll around the supermarket but it won't be like that!

It's lovely seeing all the people around here just 'going for a walk'. Everyone is being really sensible in my local environment - crossing the road or stepping to one side so that people can social distance when walking, but always greeting each other. It's obvious that people are literally just getting out for a walk, rather than being in a rush to get somewhere. In an odd way it is really uplifting to see.

I had to have a couple of days off from phoning my mum (knowing that my 6 siblings were still calling her, so I wasn't leaving her with no contact) because it was stressing me out and leaving me seething for a big chunk of my day after the phone call. I'll have to phone her today though. She did go out yesterday apparently - just to collect her pension. She went on the bus and was the only passenger so she was telling my brother. I only hope that that is truly all she did.

We've just done Joe Wicks again and are looking for Steve Backshall's session from yesterday (thanks for the tip Fussy about not watching it live). DD also wants to check out Carol Vorderman's maths sessions.

We had family movie night last night. We watched 'Yes Man' with Jim Cary. It was great and very funny - however, some scenes were not appropriate for the 12 rating! Fortunately DH remembered a couple of 'racy scenes' from when he had previously watched it and fast forwarded them.

Have a nice day everyone! x

6. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thursday everyone, I have just the one little one today and she us struggling without anyone else here, we have done lots of puzzles, games and been out in the garden. I think she is picking up on things too at home as mum has quite a difficult frontline role which she has been finding more difficult , I know she told me she was trying to leave it all at the front door when she comes home at night but I guess its easier said than done to switch off.

I think after lunch we will plant some of our carrot seeds and our potatoes.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning.
    Its a beautifulday here too.
    I dont think its going to be much from the government but if it saves cms from universal credits then that will be something. But if the other schemes are anything to go by it wont be up and running soon.

Home schooling went well this morning i have decided to embrace it and learn new things or relearn them 🤣🤣🤣

I have decided just to relax and this enforced time with everyone at home.

Im going to read a book later i moan that i dont get time but i do now

Stay safe everyone x
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes loocyloo, Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the good news is I phoned my mum and we had a lovely conversation. She is being sensible at the moment. Sorry to offload about her so much on here and I'm sure I am sounding horrible, she's just rather challenging a lot of the time, but today she wasn't.

12. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Well the good news is I phoned my mum and we had a lovely conversation. She is being sensible at the moment. Sorry to offload about her so much on here and I'm sure I am sounding horrible, she's just rather challenging a lot of the time, but today she wasn't.
    No need to apologise Maza. We're all here to listen to each other offloading.

I'm glad you managed to have a good conversation with her. I hope she's going to be sensible from now on so it's less stressful for you and your siblings.

14. Likes loocyloo, Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hugs Maza.

My mum said "I'd better start taking this seriously now hadn't I" the other day !!
    URH ... YES!!!!

My brother and his family live with her, so it's not like she'll be alone! She is just fiercely independent, so it's hard.

16. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post