Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

I’ll keep posting a daily thread, even if there’s little childminding news to post about!

Today I need to get out to the shops as I have a some birthdays coming up and want to get stocked up on cards. I’m thinking that if I get cards and stamps to cover all the birthdays till June I can avoid the card shop and post office for a while.

If we follow other countries, non-essential shops may be forced to close, so I want to plan ahead. Can you think of anything else I should be buying now that I might not be able to get in the coming weeks?

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gin and chocolate.

Im thinking i need to buy a hair dye

Its a lovely day here and im actually working but finish early.

Its sad that schools are closing for all the year 6 and year 11 not the way they were expecting to finish.

Stay safe stay in touch with lets get through this together
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Gin and chocolate.

Im thinking i need to buy a hair dye

Its a lovely day here and im actually working but finish early.

Its sad that schools are closing for all the year 6 and year 11 not the way they were expecting to finish.

Stay safe stay in touch with lets get through this together
    Oh yes, hair dye. I’d better stock up on that!

It is a shame for students and the uncertainty about exam results must worry them. A friend’s son’s school closed suddenly yesterday. They were told at lunchtime to get their stuff together and go. Not even time for proper goodbyes.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse that's sad that they didn't have the opportunity to do proper goodbyes.

DD is in year 6 and they are all getting their shirts signed today like they would on their last day. Hopefully it wont be the last day and they will get back in for some of the Summer term. The school just emailed to say the leavers hoodies have arrived and will be given out today.

Yes Mouse, please keep the daily threads going.

I'm hoping to find an online live exercise app/class that we can do here (well, I doubt DH will join in, but DD and I hopefully will) so if anyone knows of anything let me know.

Fabulous idea about birthday cards and stamps. Don't forget pet food, poo bags etc.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good morning.

yes, please keep posting ... we'll all need the social interaction.

I'm saying bye to 2 children today ; one is off to school in sept, so will only come for holidays from then on in.

i've seen that joe wickes ( ? ) is doing a daily pe lesson at 9am ... we might be joining in with that, and i've just found 'post modern juice box' on youtube who have a load of educational music things ... i need to watch first, but i love 'post modern juke box' as a group ... they take modern songs, and sing them in an old/different style. just incredible.

i think i've got most things, and those i haven't ... well, i'll survive!

Maza, i hope your DD enjoys her day, and it isn't too tearful.

love to all xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Loocyloo, I'll check those out, thanks.

My DD isn't too sad because she has only been at the school for a few months, but I know a lot of the mums who have been there since reception are sad, but we're all in it together and we'll bolster each other up.

Yesterday, my old primary school did a lovely thing. They are opposite a care home for the elderly and have been for decades. At 2pm, the children all stood in their playground and sang beautiful songs for the patients who are all self isolating and not allowed visitors. I was blubbing away when I saw it on Facebook, but my brother said it was even more emotional watching it live, because the residents at the home were all at their windows, singing, dancing and waving - some of them in floods of tears as were all the parents at the gate.

Apparently lots of children everywhere are painting rainbows and displaying them in their window so that children who are having a walk around the block (unable to visit parks/soft play etc) can spot them in a treasure hunt type of way.

My brother's children have two parents as key workers and so can go to school on Monday. They don't actually know which school yet, it will be a local school but not necessarily their own. That seems sensible. Lots of pressure on teachers to start online teaching.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm making rainbows today for the children to take home and display and some for my house too.

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a mixed day as some children have now finished until further notice but have been able to stay open for now for a couple of families that fit the criteria. Just taking each day as it comes and parents are really appreciative that I can stay open for now. I have decided that I won't take on any extra children just staying with the ones I have. Enjoy your weekend everyone. x
    Pixie Dust

15. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry everyone missed yesterday’s thread , I gave myself a day off the internet after spending the whole week with the tablet at hand checking for news and updates! I didn’t even watch the news.
    I working with some key worker families to sort care but I really don’t want the increased exposure of school runs so we are still working out the details. Keep safe everyone xx

17. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Sorry everyone missed yesterday’s thread , I gave myself a day off the internet after spending the whole week with the tablet at hand checking for news and updates! I didn’t even watch the news.
    I working with some key worker families to sort care but I really don’t want the increased exposure of school runs so we are still working out the details. Keep safe everyone xx
    I'm still working out school run/pick up logistics ... mum doesn't know either. I'm going to phone school on Monday and work it out. My plan is to drive and park at school, and ask them to send the children down the path to me, to be greated by handwashing before they get in car!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

One child, one day a week!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I will only have 2 little ones spread out over the week as the parents of ones who are still going to school have made other arrangements for school pick ups so that we don't have to go out.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I will only have 2 little ones spread out over the week as the parents of ones who are still going to school have made other arrangements for school pick ups so that we don't have to go out.
    The only other possible arrangement is an elderly hi risk grandparent, who usually does school pickups!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I look after a 91 year old that’s worrying me,but what else can I do.? I’m in away quite glad I’ve only got the one over the week as less risk? Even though financially it’s going to be tough.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    The only other possible arrangement is an elderly hi risk grandparent, who usually does school pickups!
    I am lucky that mum has arranged for an older sister to pick up as mum works at the local hospital and is concerned about keeping any contacts to minimum, not everyone is so lucky .
    Last edited by Pixie dust; 21-03-2020 at 09:53 PM.
    Pixie Dust

24. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post