Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Well, today is going to be a very interesting day while we wait for confirmation of what is going to happen next in the world of childminding.

I feel quite sad that we’re facing such difficult and uncertain times, but I’m so glad we’ve had a bit of a resurgence on the board and we’re all here to support each other.

Whatever life might be about to throw at us, let’s face it together with friendship, resilience and a huge sprinkling of glitter

2. Likes loocyloo, mama2three, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

Let's all have a lovely day and continue supporting each other and our families and children.

I'm hoping for clearer guidance about caring for Key Workers children, and then I and everyone can move forward knowing what is happening.

Much love xxx

4. Likes mama2three liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone
    You’re right it’s lovely to be coming together like this , strange how social isolation aid actually strengthening some social bonds.
    Hope you’re all healthy and have managed to get a little sleep ( I know I didn’t)
    I keep checking the guidance page , wonder when it will be updated?

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought about our threads , are we all green members? I’m always a little cautious about the open forum pages , I’d be much more comfortable if the threads were in greenies!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Just a thought about our threads , are we all green members? I’m always a little cautious about the open forum pages , I’d be much more comfortable if the threads were in greenies!
    I did wonder that, and have occasionally edited my posts!
    But equally, I think everyone needs to be able to share/read what we're saying, if only to inform their own decisions x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning all the parents were asking me what's happening I could only say "when I know I will let you. know" keeping fingers crossed that we can stay open for now as it gives me something to focus on having the children here ! If we can't have all the normal children it will be quite sad as I have one little one who took a little while to settle, didn't want mum to leave etc but now she comes in so happily and if it turns out "key person only" the family aren't classed as this so they will have to stop. trying to keep busy but just want to know one way or the other like we all do .

On a positive note it is lovely to see the forum active again x
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Most of us are green however a few are not.

Im glad to come over here for normailty.

I have no mindee again dad was short termed layoff last night
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Morning all the parents were asking me what's happening I could only say "when I know I will let you. know" keeping fingers crossed that we can stay open for now as it gives me something to focus on having the children here ! If we can't have all the normal children it will be quite sad as I have one little one who took a little while to settle, didn't want mum to leave etc but now she comes in so happily and if it turns out "key person only" the family aren't classed as this so they will have to stop. trying to keep busy but just want to know one way or the other like we all do .

On a positive note it is lovely to see the forum active again x
    One of the mums and I were saying this morning about how unsettling it’s going to be for the younger children. Her son is so settled now, after a dodgy start. He loves coming here and it’s going to be hard to explain why he isn’t coming any more.
    I know there’s nothing we can do about it, but we’re going to have to go through the whole settling in process again if/when he does come back.

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    We can easily start another thread there xx

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    One of the mums and I were saying this morning about how unsettling it’s going to be for the younger children. Her son is so settled now, after a dodgy start. He loves coming here and it’s going to be hard to explain why he isn’t coming any more.
    I know there’s nothing we can do about it, but we’re going to have to go through the whole settling in process again if/when he does come back.
    i know! i've got one mindee .... took 7, yes 7 months to settle, coming 2/3 days a week !!!

one of my schoolies was upset as afterschool today is the 'last' time she comes.

x

19. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my birthday today!

Good job I don't have a large number of real life friends, otherwise I would have to cancel my party!

Dh went to the co-op this morning and was so chuffed that he managed to pick up a birthday cake. I was just looking to see if we could freeze it (after we had eaten today's portions) and I noticed it was already two days out of date, lol! Not sure I should tell DH, he was so proud of himself.

Amongst my presents was a beautifully wrapped toilet roll with a kit-kat stuffed inside it - so I'm sorted if I have to self isolate! I also got a huge tub of hand cream - we have all been moaning that our hands are so sore with all the washing and so we were joking that hand cream would be the next 'in demand' item.

DH managed to get a big bag of carrots from the co-op - all the other veg was sold out. We already have a big bag of carrots, so I am going to be making some carrot soup to freeze. I made carrot fritters yesterday to freeze. If I knew of someone needy then I would give them my carrots. This whole situation is definitely making us less wasteful and more resourceful, so some positive things will come of it.

21. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday Maza

23. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy birthday Maza
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

25. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Maza

I was thinking I’d happily come and eat cake with you...until you said it was 2 days out of date

Your poor DH. It does sound as if he’s trying

27. Likes Maza liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday Maza! Carrot cake? 🍰 xxx

29. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade