Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

What are we all up to today?

We're making Mother's Day cards today so the stickers and glitter are all ready!

I do need to try and get some bread this morning, or there'll be no toast and sandwiches for anyone. I did go to the supermarket last night, foolishly thinking I'd be able to get some, but there was none at all. I was quite surprised. I hadn't realised things were quite that bad

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

I have one off today as daddy has day off and another has come down with the pox, so just me and 2 good walkers, so we're heading for the woods ! We may camp out for a bit !!!!

I have Mothers day cards to make as well.

A friend said she went to local bakers mid morning, and they'd sold out of bread by 9am ! if i think too much about it, i will cry!

stay safe everyone

xxx

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Think more outside play a good idea. So I’ll be out a lot more in the fresh air.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're finding that all supermarkets have 'something'. (Although no hand soap/sanitizer anywhere). DH is driving to several different supermarkets and managing to get the basics. I know some people don't have the ability to get to different supermarkets though.

My friends in London are trying desperately to get eggs. Here in my part of the midlands eggs are not a problem.

Could you make your own bread if they have any of those packets of bread mix anywhere?

Lots of people are saying that small corner shops have stock of random things.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had to go to 2 different supermarkets last night to get some fresh fruit and bread, couldn't get any bread not even make your own

Today we are making Mother's Day cards too x
    Pixie Dust

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No children here again mum is working from home.

Oh well i wonder what i can clean today
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

Oh well i wonder what i can clean today
    My house

11. Likes Maza, FussyElmo, Dragonfly liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Supermarkets are empty here but still loads of people at the tills with trolleys full of stuff, so what on earth are the buying !!!

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Supermarkets are empty here but still loads of people at the tills with trolleys full of stuff, so what on earth are the buying !!!
    My son & I managed a small trolley full between us last night, despite the shelves being almost empty.

I had the last box of teabags on the shelf, some frozen garlic mushrooms (because they had no chips!), milk, cheese (not my usual, but it'll be OK), a box of Lego and some cakes. All a bit random and definitely not what I'd gone in for, but we can still eat. The meals just might be a bit different to normal

15. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    My son & I managed a small trolley full between us last night, despite the shelves being almost empty.

I had the last box of teabags on the shelf, some frozen garlic mushrooms (because they had no chips!), milk, cheese (not my usual, but it'll be OK), a box of Lego and some cakes. All a bit random and definitely not what I'd gone in for, but we can still eat. The meals just might be a bit different to normal
    That's what I said we will make dinners out of whatever we can buy, might not be quite what we are used to but never mind. We bought random things including instant hot chocolate so we can always have that as drink if we run out of teabags or milk. Trying to think out of the box !
    Pixie Dust

17. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If I stay open I’m seriously considering asking parents to supply packed lunches. Just now I do all meals and snacks and I honestly don’t know if I will be able to keep doing all the meals. I often have 8 children for dinner , and that’s before I feed my own family.

19. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry didn’t even say good morning

21. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    If I stay open I’m seriously considering asking parents to supply packed lunches. Just now I do all meals and snacks and I honestly don’t know if I will be able to keep doing all the meals. I often have 8 children for dinner , and that’s before I feed my own family.
    me too!

I also have incredibly fussy eaters, that i can get round, but not with difficulties in getting food in the first place! its not as if we can pop out to the supermarket when it opens!

23. Likes mama2three, Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    When I was trying to find bread last night I said to my son that I might have to ask parents to start bringing packed lunches. It's not just that I can't buy the usual food, but anything I can find is a lot more expensive. I usually pay 65p for a store brand packet of pasta, but the only one I could get was an expensive brand at almost £2 a packet.

25. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you should be able to ask parents to supply own food. However, will they want a reduction in fees for doing so?