It's the weekend...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the weekend...

... and how different it is to last weekend! So much has gone on in only a few days.

How are we all preparing for an extended period at home? I've sorted out swingball and the badminton set so we'll all be able to get active outside. I'm going to get DH to dig the table tennis table out of the shed as well. We're all saying we never have time to play, so now we will

2. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have just slouched. Everyone is abit meh think i will rally them tomorrow.

Never thought i would miss my kids sports
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    We have just slouched. Everyone is abit meh think i will rally them tomorrow.

Never thought i would miss my kids sports
    That's the same here!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH has already started his 'to do' list and today has fixed the outdoor light. Great for late night puppy toilet trips to the garden.

DD has spent a good chunk of today chatting to the rest of her class because they set up a group chat thing before they left, so she's having a ball.

We've also spoken to (via text) a couple of old friends, initially because of this silly virus, but it was nice to chat to them.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been sorting out things ready for eldest to work from home now, setting spare room up with desk etc then we went food shopping and managed to get milk/bread and a few bits so we are stocked up for a while now. The shop was quite quiet to be honest the usual stuff wasn't available pasta/rice etc plus the beer(we don't drink beer) had all gone I think that was due to last nights closing of pubs!

We picked our puppy via video ...a little boy so now trying to think of a suitable name. Can't help but think this is not the right time to be getting a puppy but he does need a home. We have already got things for him just need to sort the food now. Still a few weeks before we get him and I wondering if we will actually be allowed to travel by then even thoughts only 30 mins down the road.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh how exciting Pixie dust. I have to say, our puppy is actually a welcome distraction - he just makes us laugh all the time and he forces us out in the garden several times a day (not that we need forcing really). He will be a fantastic companion for DD over the next few weeks of isolation.

What breed is he?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh how exciting Pixie dust. I have to say, our puppy is actually a welcome distraction - he just makes us laugh all the time and he forces us out in the garden several times a day (not that we need forcing really). He will be a fantastic companion for DD over the next few weeks of isolation.

What breed is he?
    He is a Sprocker so Springer Spaniel and Cocker Spaniel mix.... it's taken us about nearly 3 years to get another dog after we lost our Labrador.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet he's gorgeous! I remember you saying it took you a while before you thought you could have another dog after losing your last one. He'll bring you so much joy. x

12. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to a place in Kent where you can pick a bunch of flowers from the field. Do myDd2 got me a bunch for Mother’s Day. Then I spent the afternoon with her in her flat. I’m still working for 3 days for key workers so business as usual