Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning...it’s the weekend

What is everyone up to this weekend?

Are you still able to go ahead with whatever you had planned or have your events been cancelled?

One son has had his footy matches cancelled for the next few weeks, although it doesn’t directly affect me as he’s grown up and the days of us sitting on the sidelines are long gone!

Another son has had a travel ban placed on him at work. That does have more of an effect on me. He would have been seeing my parents next week while on his trip and I’d asked him to get my mum some flowers for Mother’s Day. Now he’s not going I’ll have to have to buy and post something myself!

All I’ve got planned this morning is a trip to the supermarket to see if there’s any food left. Our fridge is looking very empty so I’m hoping I can at least get some basics. I’ve warned my family that if food becomes scarce we’re going to be eating our way through everything in the freezer. Goodness knows what treats I’ll find hidden in there

Have a good weekend everyone!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're off to 'Puppy Hour' at a garden centre. We were so looking forward to going a few weeks ago, but then Cookie had his accident and so we couldn't go as the vet quite rightly said it would be too boisterous for him. We're going today for the first time and I'm nervous. The horrible incident has robbed us of a lot of joy.

DD has a friend coming over this afternoon.

Our local supermarket had lots of fresh fruit and veg but only had lasagne sheets in the pasta aisle. There was some rice but not much. Our neighbour said the other local supermarket was totally out of rice. There was a notice up limiting each customer to three units of some items.

DH is a bit grumpy at lots of sports fixtures being cancelled (obviously understands why and supports it) because he has just paid a 6 month subscription to Sky Sports.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dd didnt have a game today but grassroots football is going ahead around here this weekend.

Dh has a charity rugby game this afternoon so some will go and watch - not me

Tomorrow ds has a rugby cup final im hoping that still goes ahead they have posted to say it will as of yet.

Oh no Maza your poor dh that would be an issue in this house too. Enjoy puppy hour

Mouse enjoy your freezer adventure i only have a small freezer
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m off for a vegetarian afternoon tea with DD2. I have no idea what this involves but I’ll try anything once. Then DD1 is cooking Sunday dinner for us all tomorrow so an enjoyable weekend for me.
    I’m also going to put some kind of policy in place for Coronavirus as parents are starting to ask about procedures when schools start closing

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

DD and I have had an expensive morning buying new dance shoes ... not because she's grown out of them, but because she's worn them out!

I'm waiting to hear if my mum will be able to fly home from states. If not, she can stay with my brother as long as needed, but it's worrying.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    We're off to 'Puppy Hour' at a garden centre. We were so looking forward to going a few weeks ago, but then Cookie had his accident and so we couldn't go as the vet quite rightly said it would be too boisterous for him. We're going today for the first time and I'm nervous. The horrible incident has robbed us of a lot of joy.

DD has a friend coming over this afternoon.

Our local supermarket had lots of fresh fruit and veg but only had lasagne sheets in the pasta aisle. There was some rice but not much. Our neighbour said the other local supermarket was totally out of rice. There was a notice up limiting each customer to three units of some items.

DH is a bit grumpy at lots of sports fixtures being cancelled (obviously understands why and supports it) because he has just paid a 6 month subscription to Sky Sports.
    We are in the same situation with BT sport and we have started social disengaging, life is going to be fun!
    Luckily he has just had a delivery of metal for a new project so he will be able to tinker in his workshop as an alternative to sport.
    We are meeting with close friends this afternoon to put a plan in place so that we will be able to meet and help each other if we eventually go completely isolated from the world. We both live in remote places so stand a chance of being able to self isolate and trust each other.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We were supposed to be off to the football today so we had change of plan and headed off to a nearby coastal town for some fresh air. We stopped off for lunch at a pub on the way home then popped into the local supermarket for couple of things for lunch tomorrow, they didn't have any pasta/rice/toilet rolls/soap/ teabags (only the fruit ones) This evening we are going to watch a film. My in-laws live in southern Spain and they said everything got very strange very fast as one minute everything in their town was normal the next everywhere was shutting down......very strange times we are in right now. My son has an interview for uni next week which has now been changed to a Skype interview rather than in person, he is quite happy about that as he doesn't have to travel now.
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We managed a supermarket shop this morning and I did manage to get most things I wanted.

I was expecting things like toilet roll and pasta to be missing, but I was surprised there were no nappies, very little cooking oil, very few multi packs of crisp and no Bourbon or Nice biscuits.

DH spent most of the time coughing and complaining he felt hot. I kept telling him to shut up, I didn't need to hear that!

10. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    pre-reG
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Thursday. I can smell the weekend from here.lol